Super high ping doesnt seem to be from corona

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: Online official
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Bug/Misc
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvP
Region: America

I made a post yesterday about there being super high ping on all the official servers and someone said it was because of corona. I don’t however think that’s the case. A friend of mine who lives about 30 minutes away and another who lives 2 states away have this problem but another friend who lives down the street had no problems with this. Also, I experience no ping issues anywhere else and my internet is totally fine besides in this so it’s not on my end. I just don’t see how this adds up and I’d love an actual answer because it being because of corona just isnt realistic at this point

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

You are aware that there is more to the internet than just your PC and the server right? That there are a number of hops in-between. Most likely one of those hops you’re hitting is having an issue. maybe your buddy down the street is getting a different path, so they aren’t on the clogged node you are.

Step 1. Learn how the internet works.
Step 2. Do some troubleshooting. Run traces, try changing DNS, ect. ect.

There are literally a thousand other things that could be causing it. Only about a hundred of them are in your home or on the servers.
I cover this in detail here.

3 Likes

Hey there,

If above comment answers your question, you can click the :white_check_mark: Resolve button below it to mark the thread as resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.