Swap the climatic protection of pictish and turanian armors

Adjust the climatic protection of Pictish and Turanian armor please they don’t make sense

6 Likes

Add reptile set here

2 Likes

Or the stat bonuses applied to them. Why does Poitain Cavalier armor benefit archers?

Actually, Pictish armor protecting from heat makes thematical sense, but their designs do not. But I guess the Darfari already stole their fashion style.

2 Likes

Hyena fur confuses me, it doesn’t look like it would keep anyone warm but it offers cold protection. And why aren’t the dogs of the desert all dying of heat stroke? :rofl:

4 Likes

About the savage frontier armors i had the same opinion until my friend @Kapoteeni enlighten me with the story of this tribe and explained me that the basic material is feathers and not fur that seems to be, then i step back, think of it a little, thank him for the info and move forward. About the Turan, i don’t have the dlc so i cannot have an opinion.

1 Like

I’m not trying to pour cold water on the request but the consideration has to be one of balance.

The game has different armors balanced for different climates and that is unconnected by their aesthetics.

It is what it is. So when you ask for a change, do so with the realization that the anesthetics of armor is unrelated to the buffs and environmental protection.

I wish heat resistant armor looked more Lemurian rather than Pictish, but it does not. Dafari giving a strength buff is . . .odd, but it does.

So I balance my armor choices for the effects and buffs and dye it to make it as pleasing as possible.

1 Like

I actually bought the turan dlc purely because the armour had cold resist, I needed something with cold resistance that would work nicely with the aquilonian dlc. At the moment I’m actually using pictish medium and hyena fur, they both have the survival boost so switching and combining doesn’t affect atts.

2 Likes

I know it’s been brought up numerous times, but having the temp resists changeable by a mod would alleviate the issue. It would also allow players to use the armors they want to wear for aesthetics regardless of biome. I would go even further to say that they should design two armor appearances for each type based on more or less heat resist. It would be far more immersive.

1 Like

Have you seen the gaurdian armor lol. its cold

1 Like

Well, it’s also cool.

1 Like

Yes, my Bella is extremely sexy in this armor, this armor is the best reason for me to buy this dlc. A combination of black and white, is making this armor stunning.

How so? The pictish wilderness is in the north, bordering cimmeria and the nordheim kingdoms.

Turan is in the desert, bordering the Vilayet sea which is the hyborian counterpart of the real Caspian sea.

2 Likes

It’s also in a fantasy version of ancient Earth. Robert E. Howard wasn’t a geographer, or a biologist, or any other sort of expert on how nature works. In the Conan stories, he describes the Pictish Wilderness as a jungle-like biome, with panthers, big snakes and such. If I had to place his sources for inspiration for the Hyborean Age Picts, it’s a cross between Native American and Tribal African, rather than West European (even though he borrowed the name from an old Scottish people).

The Pictish dress in Conan books is a loincloth, and various paraphernalia made of feathers and bones and maybe some shiny stones.

“Desert” is a gross simplification. A lot of the region is plains and hills, with probably a more moderate climate and a more fertile environment than desert. The climate around the real-world Caspian Sea is actually highly varied, from moderately temperate to subtropical, with some actual desert on the eastern coast.

1 Like

Only reason i haven’t bought the Turanian DLC is because it’s cold resist and i don’t fancy having a Arabic style building in the snow. And i give all my thralls the pictish stuff when i live up north since Furs make the most sense visually for me. Too Bad i can’t wear any of the stuff though since it’s the wrong armor design for the Biome. It’s just frustrating since none of the other DLCs have this issue with inconstant biome protection/visual style.

I want the Pictish/Turanian Biome resistances swapped already. Funcom already said Lore doesn’t factor in when balancing the heat/cold resistances. So there’s nothing stopping them, even as threads like this keep popping up informing Funcom to swap them over and over.

A suggestion that I made o a seperate post relating to star metal dlc weapons was that the dlc weapon and armour styles could work in a similar way the dlc pet styles. Instead of creating the dlc armour/weapon directly, the player would craft one of the standard armours/weapons and then apply a dlc skin to change the visual style without affecting the stats, temp resist or bonuses. I still think this is the best option.

I have found that mods are inadvisable, in general, for the game I want to play as they fall out of spec so frequently.

I have tried some mods that I love. Mini-maps, colored indicators of clan members, ability to change appearance of yourself and station thralls. But, ultimately, they result in a broken game for me. So I have concentrated on official serves and lobby for changes to emulate the best mods I find.

Ah, sorry I should have been more clear - I meant a base game item that would switch the temp resist… kind of like a master fitting or something to that effect. It should be implemented in the game. I play on an official PVE server so I really haven’t experimented with player made mods at all.

2 Likes

I agree, Turanian is meant for the desert and should protect you from the heat.

Maybe it’s the armor Turanians use when going abroad to raid, pillage and conquer. If they’re used to hot climates, they need to dress warmly when invading places like Hyperborea, or the Himelian mountains.

Ideally, clothing for desert climates should protect from both heat and cold, but the Exiled Lands deserts don’t seem to get cold at night. When the entire game world works in an unrealistic manner, what does it matter if clothes do? I mean, I have seen some girls dress in a fashion similar to Zamorian Thief in Finland during the winter, but I’m pretty sure those clothes weren’t designed to keep them warm. (Some sort of “hotness” effect was probably intended, but in that context it looked just weird and out of place.)

1 Like

Ah, so like an upgrade kit of some kind. I misunderstood the context for “mod.” Sorry about that.

I like that. Great idea.

2 Likes