T3 Corner Stairs Don't Snap Properly

Game mode: Online & Singleplayer
Problem: Bug
Region: All

Myself and the developer of the popular Less Building Placement Restrictions mod discovered a problem with Tier 3 corner stair pieces. It may be tied to the size of their collision boxes seemingly exceeding that of the lower tier corner stairs.

While the Sandstone and Stonebrick stair corners can be snapped into place when trying to “round off” stairs that extend into the ground, the higher tier corner stairs (Khitan, Black Ice, Reinforced Stone, Insulated Wood) do not. Instead, only the long, bottom edge of the stair will snap to anything else. This leaves the small, upper-most portion of the corner stair either underneath an existing stair, or sticking out in the open.

From what the developer of NBPR can see, “Stonebrick and Sandstone share the same dimensions in both it’s collision box and asset. All the rest are different (slightly larger). Since they are larger, they have larger collision boxes, which means when you try to rotate, they colide, which causes them to “skip” over a rotation.”

For more info, and a video demonstration of the issue, here is the discussion thread from the Steam Workshop:
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1369743238/1728701877460517593/?ctp=2

NOTE: This happens even with no mods installed whatsoever!

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Place a square foundation on the ground or a slope so that it protrudes high enough to need stairs.
  2. Place full-width stairs extending into the ground along all 4 sides of the foundation.
  3. Attempt to place corner-stairs into the diagonal gaps.
  4. You should observe that Sandstone and Stonebrick snap into place whereas the higher-tier corners don’t.
1 Like

happened to me too with insulated building pieces…
only way to fit it in was to use insulated corner ramps.
The design of the structure is def not as good as with stairs corners, but it is still doing the job untill this issue has been dealt with by funcom’s developpers.

Stonebrick and Sandstone share the same dimensions in both it’s collision box and asset. All the rest are different (slightly larger). Since they are larger, they have larger collision boxes, which means when you try to rotate, they colide, which causes them to “skip” over a rotation.

That’s my “educated” guess anyways as to the cause. Could be something else, but different scaling would cause collision boxes to collide when others don’t.

Stair corners are bugged and can not be placed correctly making them useless right now.

This also happened after the infamous correction patch for “anti-cheat” and “exploit” problems.
Realy i started hate this patch ! It messed up so much building elements, and makes building realy more tedious and less fun now.

I can well understand that greefing and exploiting is a problem in a mutliplayer game. But this fact exists in all games, especially on official servers, where the most complaints about such problems come from.

Realy i wish that Funcom will realise that building is a big and important part of the game. It’s enough praised in trailers and game-promotion. So let’s it stay fun, and not a struggle each mal you have to place a simple usual element !

Can confirm, just had a nice stair construction to a platform, wanted to replace sandstone with reinforced stone - and now the corner stairs won’t snap or get a hold or anything.

Thats really annoying. Especially since it works for sandstone, which is the “tryout” material for any construction.

Instead of creating one more thread about this issue let’s keep posting on this one, as it seems it has not been fixed yet.

i had no trouble placing those with sandstone pieces.

PVE official server on PC

x2!

This is still an issue with all but T1 sandstone corner stairs. Stairs will not place or lock unless there is a foundation below it, making them useless for the base of pyramids etc., stairways that lead to the ground.

Funcom Please fix!!

Does the same thing currently on ps4

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.