Testlive Patch (01.03.2019) - Balancing Passes, Exploits and Bug Fixes, Facial VoiP animations

Hey everybody!

We have a new patch on our Testlive branch with some new balancing passes on some weapons and fixes to some exploits and general bugs.

The event log should also stop naming players, and the Fragments of Power now have an extra use to make them even more appealing.

We have also added new facial animations when talking over VoiP. Check them out!

We would like to thank everyone in our community for your continued feedback and support, as many of these fixes stem directly from your input. Please help us by trying out these new changes and fixes and sharing your feedback with us. Here’s how you can access the Testlive branch.

notes

exploits

• Fixed an exploit pertaining to infinite stamina for sprinting
  • Fixed an issue where players were able to instantly kill other players by jumping on them #stoptheplumber.
  • Fixed an exploit where it was possible to deal damage to players and buildings outside of PVP-enabled situations.

newadditions

• Added new facial animations triggered when using VoiP ingame.
  • Fragments of Power can now be consumed and will grant 10 extra feature points. You need to be level 60 in order to do so. These extra feat-points do not disappear when resetting points or when using the Yellow Lotus Potion or Potion of Natural Learning.
  • Modders now have access to a map called “photoshoot_map” in the maps/ folder, from where renders can be grabbed using depth-pass filtering to produce high-res screenshots

ai

• Increased the damage for the Giant Spiders special attack.
  • Fixed an issue where it was not possible to interact with pets that were completely submerged in water

balancing

• 1H Mace: The mace weapon animation set have had their hitboxes extended slightly, and the third attack will now make two hits during the spin instead of just one. The Armor Penetration stat for maces have been increased from 20% to 25% and the hyperarmor window for the final attack has been extended slightly. In addition - the third and fourth light combo attacks now have ShieldSmash.
  • Daggers: Daggers now have 20% armor penetration instead of 15%. In addition - the hitboxes for all the dagger attacks have been extended slightly.
  • The damage, armor penetration and stamina costs for Javelins have all been increased slightly. Javelins now also stack to 10.
  • Two-Handed Hammers now have hyper-armor on selected parts of the animation of the light-attack combos. These hyper-armor windows cover only the attack part of the animation, which more reliably allows attacks to go through uninterrupted. In addition, the first light attack will now penetrate shields (but does not cause Shieldsmash)
  • 1h Swords: The heavy combo first and second attack have had their hyperarmor-windows extended slightly

qol

• When placeables with inventories, such as chests and crafting stations are picked up, their inventories will now transfer to you as opposed to being dropped on the ground in a loot-bag.

general

• It is no longer possible to double-jump while being over-encumbered
  • Fixed an issue where the camera would go - quote: “Absolutely ape” - when you destroyed a building
  • Fixed an issue where baby animals would not disappear from the world when picked up.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to inadvertently enter combat stance while placing items in quick succession.
  • The Maelstrom weapon no longer produces light
  • Healing Arrows will now affect monsters and NPCs as intended.
  • Addressed some unintended issues with the dismantling bench. It should now only dismantle weapons, armor and building pieces/placeables as intended.

ui

• Fixed an issue where Potion of Bestial Knowledge and Potion of Natural Learning would both claim to reset Attributes and Feats. The functionality here remains exactly the same, but the on-screen message was lying when it claimed it reset both of these.
  • Based on community feedback, the event log is no longer naming players; instead, the term “a player” is used. Example: “Sandstone Fence Foundation was destroyed by a player.”

community

Trello Report Board

We have a public bug tracking board here! You can check this to track the issues that get brought up by the community the most. In the “For prioritization” column you can vote for the issues you would like us to prioritize and we will make sure it gets moved into development asap. You can read the full details on how it works on the forum post here.

Separate TestLive Product on Steam

We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.

If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.

We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.

19 Likes

Good work guys will test over the weekend :+1:

5 Likes

Thank you for this! Really awesome to hear!

5 Likes

10 extra-feat points. Thank you😍

5 Likes

Seriously
 this is cool and all but
 what about live
 4 months of updating a test server
 still not able to put something out to live
 yet you still update the test server
 am I the only player that’s frustrated with delay after delay
 but yet somehow test live still gets all kinds of “new” updates

About the “player names” not showing up
 basically its gonna be “f-it wipe the server” instead of wiping the person who caused the mischief. Solo players will be the first targets, as they will be the easiest. Excited to see how they complain next.

Btw ps4 runs alot smoother now

4 Likes

jhebbal inner bubble damage? weapon 4th combo glitch? looong jump? putting jar on to fence? did i miss them?

Nice done, thanks for the patch ! Will try look at all that this week-end.

Some quickies i found just before log-out right now.

Dismantling bench, again :

can not be dismantled

Stygian kopesh, Derketo Acolyte sandals

2 Likes

Question about the Fragments of power and extra feat points. Is there a cap on how many you can consume to gain extra feat points? or is it just one for +10?

other oddity:

arrows, steel and razor-arrows

all two arrows need same materials and needs, and gives same amounts of arrows.

Based on community feedback, the event log is no longer naming players; instead, the term “a player” is used. Example: “Sandstone Fence Foundation was destroyed by a player.”

Really ?? You mean based on low lv and hacker thieves ! This is Ă  game breaker how cant you see it.
You destroyed PvP everyone just gonna offline raid again and again because there will be no more consequences. No way to have real pvp, clan war or healthy community on a serveur
 if tomorrow somebody raid me and i want my stuff back, what i must do? Destroy everyone on the map until i find my stuff, low lv included.

So no more way to let low lv grow up or be friendly each other because everyone can be tue guy who raided me.

and once again you want us all to live in a bubble up in a tree.

5 Likes

Ahhh the good ol days have returned. Spending time casually aquiring goods from furnaces stuck through walls
 Stations put enticingly under windows
 Helping the neighbor question the server as to who godded them the day before, outraged and concerned over our fate since we were not online at the time and are completley unaware of who would dare such a terrible thing. Oh our t3 shrine? It was clipping a wall, ruined the aesthetic of the space. Wasnt us
 Oh yes. The good old days.

is this real life??! :smiley:

3 Likes

There is no cap on the feat points you can add.

11 Likes

THANK YOU! The feat points addition is a HUGE win for anyone that’s leveled to 60 and still enjoys messing around. Gives us a little bit to grind, and saves us a bit of a headache. It will also help retain players on servers (rather then migrating) because of the time-sink aspect of it.

1 Like

I like the idea with the feats.

2 Likes
  1. Venom-infused weapons bug
    Server: Singleplayer
    When you apply reaper poison to the venom infused weapons they will stop applying poison when the reaper potion applied runs out.

2. Nameplates bug
    Server: Singleplayer / online servers
    When you lock on to NPC’s their name won’t show up until you are in their face. Would be better if they show up once you lock on.

1 Like

I think they misunderstood what the community and players are saying we want to see who destroys things but we don’t want to see what a player in our clan is taking from every chest,crafting stations and vaults. PvP is going to get really bad empty the servers even more I guess is there plan???

1 Like

So i wasn’t sure but now i managed to attack a lone NPC with daggers and indeed they fail to land some of their attacks even if i am stationary. It is quite often even with the extended hitboxes that came with this patch.

Also check out this sexy pose.

2 Likes

Hey @solarious

Was that single player or online?
Does it happen reliably?

Dagger thing right now single-player but it happened quite often as well before on previous patch on single and multi-player

1 Like