We have a new patch on our Testlive branch with some new balancing passes on some weapons and fixes to some exploits and general bugs.
The event log should also stop naming players, and the Fragments of Power now have an extra use to make them even more appealing.
We have also added new facial animations when talking over VoiP. Check them out!
We would like to thank everyone in our community for your continued feedback and support, as many of these fixes stem directly from your input. Please help us by trying out these new changes and fixes and sharing your feedback with us. Here’s how you can access the Testlive branch.
- Fixed an exploit pertaining to infinite stamina for sprinting
- Fixed an issue where players were able to instantly kill other players by jumping on them #stoptheplumber.
- Fixed an exploit where it was possible to deal damage to players and buildings outside of PVP-enabled situations.
- Added new facial animations triggered when using VoiP ingame.
- Fragments of Power can now be consumed and will grant 10 extra feature points. You need to be level 60 in order to do so. These extra feat-points do not disappear when resetting points or when using the Yellow Lotus Potion or Potion of Natural Learning.
- Modders now have access to a map called “photoshoot_map” in the maps/ folder, from where renders can be grabbed using depth-pass filtering to produce high-res screenshots
- Increased the damage for the Giant Spiders special attack.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to interact with pets that were completely submerged in water
- 1H Mace: The mace weapon animation set have had their hitboxes extended slightly, and the third attack will now make two hits during the spin instead of just one. The Armor Penetration stat for maces have been increased from 20% to 25% and the hyperarmor window for the final attack has been extended slightly. In addition - the third and fourth light combo attacks now have ShieldSmash.
- Daggers: Daggers now have 20% armor penetration instead of 15%. In addition - the hitboxes for all the dagger attacks have been extended slightly.
- The damage, armor penetration and stamina costs for Javelins have all been increased slightly. Javelins now also stack to 10.
- Two-Handed Hammers now have hyper-armor on selected parts of the animation of the light-attack combos. These hyper-armor windows cover only the attack part of the animation, which more reliably allows attacks to go through uninterrupted. In addition, the first light attack will now penetrate shields (but does not cause Shieldsmash)
- 1h Swords: The heavy combo first and second attack have had their hyperarmor-windows extended slightly
- When placeables with inventories, such as chests and crafting stations are picked up, their inventories will now transfer to you as opposed to being dropped on the ground in a loot-bag.
- It is no longer possible to double-jump while being over-encumbered
- Fixed an issue where the camera would go - quote: “Absolutely ape” - when you destroyed a building
- Fixed an issue where baby animals would not disappear from the world when picked up.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to inadvertently enter combat stance while placing items in quick succession.
- The Maelstrom weapon no longer produces light
- Healing Arrows will now affect monsters and NPCs as intended.
- Addressed some unintended issues with the dismantling bench. It should now only dismantle weapons, armor and building pieces/placeables as intended.
- Fixed an issue where Potion of Bestial Knowledge and Potion of Natural Learning would both claim to reset Attributes and Feats. The functionality here remains exactly the same, but the on-screen message was lying when it claimed it reset both of these.
- Based on community feedback, the event log is no longer naming players; instead, the term “a player” is used. Example: “Sandstone Fence Foundation was destroyed by a player.”
Trello Report Board
We have a public bug tracking board here! You can check this to track the issues that get brought up by the community the most. In the “For prioritization” column you can vote for the issues you would like us to prioritize and we will make sure it gets moved into development asap. You can read the full details on how it works on the forum post here.
Separate TestLive Product on Steam
We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.
If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.
We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.