Testlive Patch (01.03.2019) - Balancing Passes, Exploits and Bug Fixes, Facial VoiP animations

Does the double spawn issue happen on all modes?

I wish the new kiln was not the most primitive looking of the three. I am building little structures around them so they are less visually jarring in my base.

But be that as it is designed, I would love to see the smelters for the new kiln back on their stools. They are kneeling at the kilns rather than sitting at a stool as in the other furnaces.

:slight_smile: Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Just so Iā€™m clear, the TestLive version we have now has been unified with the Live version, correct? Thatā€™s why we can see Live servers from TestLive clients and vice versa?

Yes, saw it also on singleplayer.

The most touched i think are the crocs, but also others.
They may look like one, when approaching they double, and if you start fight them, the multiply like crazy.

then

they ended at 6 here in this case.

1 Like

ok, this is new. Just logged in to see what you were talking about.

1 Like

Building Placement Failed

Sometimes while building I can not place a piece until I either destroy an adjacent piece or place down another piece near the area where it says ā€œbuilding placement failedā€. Either workaround generally allows me to place the piece I was trying to place, but it is annoying to have to waste crafting materials to be able to place down pieces where it should be possible in the first place.

5 Likes

Building Placement Failed

I have also found a workaround that if I move to an extreme distance from where Iā€™m trying to place, it will sometimes ā€˜kick inā€™ and let me place it. Its like the building piece (usually a foundation) suddenly thinks Iā€™m too close and blocking its placement.

2 Likes

Oh thanks for that, I didnā€™t know :slight_smile: so far it only worked for me if I destroyed a piece and then placed it back. It also happens with walls for me, but all the more often with foundations.

I have run into this too, itā€™s pretty funny for me, though I can see why it can be a problem. Personally I just see the positive side of it: more EXP and more materials :smiley:

I play solo btw

This may happen if you stand just previously on the place you try to place the element.
Itā€™s how the game is remembering where it can place structures. Then yes, the only way is destroy the adjacent peace. Or you run away, out of draw-distance, and come back. Of course, a relog would also do the trick, but weā€™re not still willing to do so.

You can even use this to avoid the game placing some structure, but thatā€™s an other story.

1 Like

Itā€™s a bug, and reported as such.

And honnestly, i have ton of crocs teath and hide after a while, XD.

1 Like

Single Player
North America

Purge Bug:

Starving Exiles spawned inside my base (rising up out of the foundations). Most of the time they path to my base (which is cool to watch for their approach). But spawning inside my base, on the perimeter walls and further inā€¦ not cool. Purge should start some distance from a baseā€™s foundations.

Single Player
North America

Nunu the Cannibal (Yog religion trainer) failed to spawn.

Restarted game from complete shutdown. Nunu appeared again. Donā€™t know if thatā€™s something to check out or if it was just a temporary glitch with my playthrough.

He never went missing in my game so it might have been a temporary glitch

View Distance Too Low?

Iā€™m not exactly sure if this is a bug or if it is even possible to do something about it, but I have the View Distance set to Ultra and I can really only see like a meter or two in front of me, and even enemies will disappear into the nothing if I put a short distance between me and them. Iā€™m not sure if this is just me, but having a lot of different settings and an Ultra option, it feels like something is wrong here.

Did anyoneā€™s thrall placed on chests disappear?

This is on single player, the first base I visited after patch had all thralls placed inside chests or workbenches, no active in the workbench, disappear.

@FoxTheHyena,
Funny, my view distance - it feels like the volcano is on my doorstep right as I enter the north.

Oh no, I can see the volcano and the mountains and such, Iā€™m talking about in-game objects though, like structures/chests and particularly enemies, they do not load until I am very very close. But yeah, Iā€™m not sure if this is just a problem I am having or if itā€™s a problem with the game.

Hey @Bodin

That is intended if your base has no way in. It is a way of combating some cheese bases weā€™ve been seeing around. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@ Ignasis
My base has two doors to get in. Sorry I didnā€™t make that clearer. They ignored approaching the entry points and spawned inside. The front has a Stonebrick gate (with stairs up to it) and the back has a door (with stairs up to it). So they shouldnā€™t be spawning inside, but approaching the entry points.

Thus, it is a Purge Bug because they should not spawn inside a base when there are entry points to approach and attack.

Maybe the Purge had trouble recognizing ā€˜stairsā€™?
(Since that post, Iā€™ve been purged three more times. Those three times pathed up to my base like normal and did not spawn inside. So the Purge seems to be working as intended now, but Iā€™m reporting this so you all can check to make sure the pathing code doesnā€™t have an issue).

And still loving the patch update! Keep up the good work.

1 Like