Testlive Patch (09 July 2020) - Meta thread

Since there’s no sticky thread yet for today’s patch, I thought I’d make a thread for general discussion to keep things tidy. When one of Funcom’s people make a sticky thread, feel free to merge this into that topic.

I noticed that thralls on follow no longer try to slay innocent bunnies, juvenile creatures, and antelope when their behavior is set to Attack All Enemies. Personally I thought it added an interesting dynamic, but I know a lot of people have been looking forward to this change. They will still attack the neutral NPC’s in Sepermaru, tho.

2 Likes

BB, correct me if I am wrong, but the update was for both live and testlive, so the patch notes may be the same.

If the same, these are the patch notes.

I have yet to compare revisions, so saying this hesitantly.

Regards

jim

3 Likes

I didn’t even consider the possibility. You might be right.

1 Like

Revision numbers are the same. I checked some of the behaviors that I knew differed and they were also the same. Most notably, the horse momentum mechanic I mentioned a month or so ago when my horse kept trying to run me over cliff edges. As recently as one or two days ago that was still happening in testlive, but not live. It’s not happening in either now. So they must be well and truly synced.

1 Like

Spoke too soon. It’s still happening in Testlive, at least it was on the official server.

The malicious killing of the poor bunnies may be a function of the settings under which your thrall is operating. Set him to Defend Area or Defend you, instead of Attack all.

Please, help save the bunnies !

Regards

jim

1 Like

Oh, no that part works. With the thrall set to Attack All Enemies, they are now ignoring bunnies. I meant on official US3 the horse momentum mechanic was still trying to run me over cliffs. It’s strange though, that it only happens on official. I can’t duplicate it in singleplayer, and although I still need to run one more test, I haven’t been able to replicate it in online private.

1 Like

I can confirm that both Live and TestLive are now running the same version #235257/25921. TestLive also got the whitelist fix so now I can join my whitelisted server with just 1 ID instead of all 3.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.