Testlive Patch 2.4.6 (18.06.2021) - Single-Player Character transfer and bug-fixing!

Greetings, Exiles of the Testlive Lands!

Here’s an early look at our upcoming patch 2.4.6. It focuses on addressing many reported issues, both recent and classics, as well as adding some really cool stuff! We’re releasing a huge QoL addition for modders that has been requested almost since day one, as well as optimizations that will help consoles once this patch is released on those platforms.

To top it all, we will be releasing with this patch a huge new feature we can’t wait to let you try: single-player/coop map transfer feature (called in-game “Character Copy”). This is a standalone and independent version of the (still Work in Progress) server transfer feature. It comes already integrated into the game and does not rely on the online server transfer infrastructure. You can read more about this feature and how it works in this separate forum post.

Hope you all have a great time giving this build a go, and thank you again for your continued feedback and support!

PS: Oh, this also adds some piratey stuff.

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING MODS

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed. For the purposes of testing, we recommend not using any mods when playing on Testlive.

notes

Currently Known Issues

• Character copy may fail to transfer all attribute points correctly when transferring back and forth in quick succession. We’re working on ironing out this situation in 2.5.
  • When using the Russian localization, the confirmation prompt is misleading. The correct confirmation prompt to use is “КОПИРОВАНИЕ”.

performance

• Fixed a server crash caused by certain RCON commands.
  • Fixed a number of other server and client crashes.
  • Fixed a rare issue where game assets could get corrupted if playing the game while downloading Siptah.
  • Optimized loading times on the game’s post-release assets.
  • Fixed a client crash that would occur when loading large mod lists.
  • Added more optimizations. This should reduce hitching issues in the console versions.

exploits

• Triggering first person mode is no longer possible immediately after stopping an emote.
  • Fixed an exploit regarding a loophole in dismantling an item.
  • Added new improvements to the Anti-Undermesh tool on the Siptah map. This is still not enabled on official servers as we continue work on it.

newadditions

• Added character transfer between maps in single-player and co-operative modes. See how it works in this post.
  • Added rewards for the Free Week community challenge. Status Update: Day (x). Here’s your piratey stuff!
  • MODDING: Added per-column data table merging rules so multiple mods can modify the same table rows. Documentation for this change is available in the Modding Discord.

building

• It is now possible to place Fence Foundations on the side of a Wedge Foundation after one has been attached previously.
  • Fixed an issue where the placement brush would cause ghosting issues if fast switching between pieces.
  • Fixed an issue where buildings would randomly collapse on a server restart. Yes, really. Send your condolences in the comments for this original classic leaving us, and for the many buildings it took with it.

crafting

• Fixed an issue where some Thrall crafting recipes would not show under certain circumstances.
  • Primeval armor set now costs star-metal to craft as intended.

combat

• Fixed an issue which caused all shield durability damage to be set to 0.

ai

• Fixed an issue where the Witch Queen would not spawn correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where the bosses within the Midnight Grove would not spawn correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where certain T4 Black Corsairs thralls would have Stats and Growth Stats set to 0.

general

• Defeating NPCs spawned by the surge should now advance the “Defeat a surge enemy” journey step.
  • Fixed an issue where the VFX on the casting table and moulding bench were offset.
  • Rejoice, PC Master Race! It is now possible to play above 60fps without having your character slowly drifting out of sheer graphical power. #hidigitalfoundry
  • Fixed a number of issues where Elder Essence would not spawn correcly in many essence chests across Siptah.
  • Fixed an issue where a Giant King figurine would give the wrong figure.
  • Fixed an issue where mods with custom maps were not working as expected.
  • Microsoft Store-specific:
    • Fixed a connection issue with the Funcom Live Services that occurred while having the setting “You can share outside of XBOX” set to “Block”.
    • Fixed a number of issues that would cause text and voice chat features to not respect voice communication settings.
  • MODDING: Fixed an issue where mods with custom maps were not working as expected.
  • MODDING: NPC Stats, Growths, Perks and Level Curves can now be edited by modders.

terrain

• Fixed an issue where some resource nodes would spawn duplicated on Siptah.

ui

• Fixed a rare UI issue when disconnecting a controller when creating a game.
  • Fixed a significant number of UI issues when playing with a controller.
  • Fixed a minor issue where it was possible to attempt to rename a chest you didn’t own.
  • Fixed an issue where it was not possible to toggle the clan invite block option with a controller.

Changelog:

We will update this section with any changes and fixes released during the Testlive period.

community

Separate TestLive Product on Steam

We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.

If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.

We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.

16 Likes

For the people who might be wondering about the SP Char Transfer/Copy Feature. It is just that a copy of your character, you can copy your character on another map but your old character remains so you can log in and continue playing it if you wish. Technically, you can even dupe your items but this is not really an issue in SP considering that you have full access to the admin panel if you want to cheat anyway.

If you copy a character over an existing character though, the old one will be replaced with it. If you have a thrall/horse on follow, they won’t be transferred with you, they will remain with your old character on the old map waiting for you to return.

Regarding the known issue for the attributes not being transferred correctly if you quickly level up and transfer back for example, if you notice that the first copy failed and you got the wrong attributes, you can copy the character again and it will work. This should be fixed eventually.

Regarding the journeys, I have noticed that not all journey steps are transferred correctly. For example, my character lost the “kick” journey step when transferring from EL to IoS. Please post if you experience issues with the journeys as well.

4 Likes

Sandstorm bugs please.

My Thoughts on this at the moment:

No claw animation changes and or dagger fixes … lord have mercy lol come on guys I still believe in you guys… And yessss 60 fps was needed for sure!! and that isnt being sarcastic… and if you take away the lay down emote first person How will We be able to find undermeshed enemy bases and report them to you guys?! I feel like that was a mistake I’m letting you guys know… Keep the server transfer stuff with the inventory transfer AWAY from PvP at least please. it will break the game. and i don’t want to fight siptah stuff on exiled lands since it has broken weapons and armor… it will kinda destroy the game in a way, since a lot of players play exiled lands to NOT have to play Siptah’s sorta broken features… but on a side note… I cannot get my Mic to work In the Game VOIP with “T” or any other bind I use… I use controller… how do I get my mic to work in game? it is set up on steam and works with all the other games it just seems Conan Exiles doesn’t allow me to do it @Ignasi Please help me fix this problem

3 Likes

this will hinder us in finding players living in undermeshes and reporting them.

1 Like

Lances still instakill, claw and dagger are overpowered and bows didn’t receive any changes while all other weapons had.
But this is a balance issue that funcom Always had problems to do it properly.

But talking about bugs,there are still ways to get through the green wall to go outside the map.
But if they remove this " entrances", who built a base there and it still exists (you can’t build there anymore), Will rule everything

1 Like

Uh is the nuke included lol but seriously though will all of our older stuff be lost or destroyed for say I want to take character back and forth while erasing the previous character

I dont know why but my post was flagged?! lol why was that? they might be mad at me

In SP the character is copied over the old one so whatever is on the old char is deleted but your keep your clan, your buildings, your thralls, your chests, your benches, basically everything which is not on your character.

3 Likes

Game stopped working, error -

The instruction in “0xfd571b44"accessed the memory in"0x00000000”. The memory cannot be “written”.

“OK” - shutdown of the application.

What is this address in general, 0x00000000?
What to do? I want to play, time goes by, but I can’t go in, I’ve already tried everything that is recommended on the Internet except for antivirus (I’m sure that it won’t help), maybe something was wrong among the updates?

Hi @TheReaperOfChess

Please make sure to set that mic as default for Conan Exiles.
Control panel - sound settings - app volume and device preferences
In game, set the box for input to the mic you want to use.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Wait set a box for the mic for input? I don’t see that option. I have set my computers input to my headset so it has to be an in game or steam issue. Which it works on my testing on steam but once I am in game it doesn’t show up or anything

fellow developers, I would like to know there really are black blood tools in the island of sipt, because I play in the official server and since September, I kill a bat many times, but more than once he did not give me this tool, and please tell me how many times you can collect parts of the recipe to get the one I need, because this is already annoying ,

Any info about adding TXAA and AFx16 to the game?

its like XB1 update but for PC, huge graphic improvement

Hi, I have an issue with my game. I can not see nobodies health bar nor names at all. I tried reset, online, offline, co-op and they did not come back. They were just working fine. It happen when I close the game during purge once . Any recomendations or way to fix that issue. I play on xbox.

Hi,

You are in the wrong section, however you should try:

SETTINGS > GAMEPLAY > SHOW NAME PLATES

Good Luck!

1 Like