Character Map transfer in single player and co-operative

DISCLAIMER: This feature is currently in beta on Xbox. Please report any issues you may encounter while using it in the Xbox Bugs channel.
This feature will be disabled on PlayStation with patch 2.4.6 while we work on making it fully functional on this platform.

Greetings, Exiles!

With 2.4.6 we’re bringing character map transfers for single player and co-operative modes in a new feature called Character Copy to PC and as a beta to Xbox. This was a community requested addition to the server character transfer feature, and we decided to make it its own thing and release it as a separate QoL addition for Conan Exiles. This feature does not rely on the server character transfer functionality, nor depends on its server infrastructure.
This feature is coming to PlayStation4 in a future update as we continue work to make it fully operational on this platform.

Here’s how it works:

On which platforms is it available?

This feature is available on PC. Xbox is also able to access it in beta form with patch 2.4.6.
On PlayStation 4, it will be available in the near future as we still work on making it fully functional on this platform.

Who can use it:

• This feature is available for any players in single-player, but only for the host in co-operative sessions.
  • When transfering you will be able to choose to just transfer your character, or all player characters present in your save. i.e. in a co-operative session, the host can choose to bring all player characters with them to the new map.
  • Characters can only be copied to maps with already existing save files. This means that if you haven’t played in the Exiled Lands or Siptah yet, and want to transfer to that map, you will have to first start a new game on the map you plan to transfer to before being able to send your character there.
  • Any previous characters present on the destination map will be overriden with the ones being transferred.
  • There are no restrictions for this feature and you can use it as many times and as often as you want.

Note: On PC, mods are supported but not guaranteed to work 100% with this feature. Please make sure to have a backup of both your databases available in case you need to restore them.

What is transferred with your character?

• Your character’s name.
  • Your character’s appearance.
  • Your character’s feats (learned and acquired).
  • Experience and attribute points.
  • Your Journey Steps progress.
  • All items in your character’s backpack, equipment slots and shortcut bar/wheel.

Thralls, buildings and any other items not mentioned above will be left behind in the old map.

What is inherited by your character in the new map?

• Building, placeables and thralls owned by a previous existing character on your account on the destination map.
  • Clan and clan rank from a previous existing character on your account on the destination map.

This means, that if you transfer your character back and forth between maps, you will inherit previously left behind possessions.

How to do it:

1- Start the game in single-player mode, or as a host in co-operative mode, and select the map where you have the character or characters you want to transfer.

2- Open the main menu (by pressing Escape (PC), or Options (consoles)) and select the option “Character Copy”.

3- A new menu will appear where you can select a destination map and which characters to transfer from the available options. Once you have selected which character or characters to send to which map, select “Copy Character”.

step3

4- A confirmation prompt will appear, and you will have to confirm your selection by typing in the word in the prompt and selecting “Copy Character” again.

https://bit.ly/3za7er0

5- You will receive a confirmation on screen if the previous step has been successfully completed. Your copied characters should now be ready to play on the destination map!

19 Likes

Hip hip hooray! So if you are one of those people that like to play one character where ever, this is the one for you!

3 Likes

I could deal with it being on Single player and Coop…Please GOD don’t bring it to Officials. We don’t need the toxicity of these offline raiders and foundation spammers intensified.

5 Likes

uhhh, it literally says SP and Coop game only. Not tied to transfer for online servers. So I think it’s safe to say you can rest for now.

5 Likes

For your Coop and SP saves only. Not for online servers.

2 Likes

tagging a friend who will likebthis…
@Croms_Faithful

2 Likes

Jesus,what disappointment, I thought we could transfer the character’s on siptah and back to exiles,it’s kinda not fair, don’t you think so?

2 Likes

You can do that. Transfer can be done from and to each map.

6 Likes

In light of this development I feel compelled to say something to Funcom here…

You little ripper!!

Amazing, upstanding, resplendant work chaps! And honestly, I could not possibly be be more happy with the way it was implemented, and the parameters it covers.

Peoples youve not only hit it right out of the park here, but hit the vehicle of that annoying sunday driver on the nearby expressway. This is so exciting! Soon our characters will be the undisputed rulers of two lands, with more wealth than the Sultan of Brunei, and with travel abilities to make even the vile Thoth Amon envious.

Once more my serious, profound thanks to the good folks at Funcom! :raised_hands: :metal:

8 Likes

it’s a fair comment given indications in the Dev Stream that transfer for online characters is on the roadmap.

My understanding is that you can Effo. You select the character who you wish to transfer, and then do so. And it will do just that.

4 Likes

Huh, once server transfer is live, how many people will travel back and forth from Siptah to Exiles so that someone can Convergence Trap deny purges?

That’s kinda hard to answer, considering that we still don’t know anything certain about the online variant of the transfer :smiley:

2 Likes

I took this language as they’re planning for the multiplayer version of it, but since single player was likely easier and faster to do, they’d offer something between now and then.

2 Likes

Yes, but like I said, we don’t know anything certain about the feature itself. Is it going to have cooldowns? Is it going to cost resources? Can you only do it from certain places on the map? Do you have to finish a quest? Will you be able to transfer your inventory? All of it? Is there a limit on how much or what kind of stuff you can bring with you?

I could go on with the questions, but you get my point: all of those could affect what @arthurh3535 was asking about. Right now we don’t know anything for certain.

1 Like

effo is confusing this with the online transfer…2 different things. bonus was done for single player and coop. The transfer is a totally different mechanic for online players. The post says this l. yet somehow there is still confusion.

2 Likes

Will mod Maps be listed in the drop down? Right now I think they replace the Exiles map so you can play a new map.

I can’t remember seeing anyone asking for this can someone please refresh my brain :brain: i read a lot of stuff on this forum and just can’t remember anyone asking for this to come to single player differently seen people asking for online transfer which by the way taking to long to get done by the time it happens people like me that play all day gonna have a max character so no point in doing a transfer i give up

Use the search…Many SP’s wanted freedom to take thier tools between their SP maps. Can we as a forum applaud Funcom for once doing something VERY positive. the online transfer is in the plans, but there are many exploits they are addressing to insure it won’t allow trolling on officials.

9 Likes