Testlive Patch (21.12.2018) - Purge Fixes and Building Optimizations

No on my base, only mod I used is CharEditLite since we still dont have a character recustomizer.

The “ghost” foundation problem only happens right after game load, if you run out of range and return everything is good. Still didnt test on the new game, as I only have a small house with no elevated foundations.

Ah okay. Scared me, was getting really worried about my mod ha ha. Thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

Just had the game freeze and had to close it on task manager, it’s more than a year since that last happened.

Edit:
Bug Harlot’s Journaul #4 Emote Show Off, the ghost is not visible, the sound effect play but no visual.

A fantastic list of fixes and improvements, well done to the FC Team :slight_smile:

Loving the new 1k stacks, makes life so much easier and the best thing about it is that I don’t have to keep returning to my carpenter to refill it when making shaped wood. Excellent.

I can also confirm that I’m getting XP when crafting from my hotbar. Perfect.

Your list is impressive, and Xmas is just a few days away, I didn’t want to post any bad news today, but my page is full already :frowning:

I’ve wiped my server map and cleared all characters, so starting with clean slate. I did find a few issues in the game so here goes:

Bug? - “Find Intelligent Life” Feat
I got this Feat by going into vanity view and zooming into myself. I was still at the starting post, hadn’t moved.

Bug - Lost control of hotbar items
Could still move them around, just couldn’t use any tools or weapons. Had to do the old Backspace button to clear it. Logging off and or restarting the game didn’t fix it nor did removing bracelet or emptying the hotbar of items.

Bug - Mammoth chased me inside my T1 building, he was 100% inside my closed base.

Bug - Had some issues placing roof parts even with plenty of support. After messing around removing parts, placing more unnecessary pillars, they went in.

Bug - Trying to place a hanging brazier onto a flat ceiling tile, it would only hang at 45 degrees, not hang down straight. I have a pic if needed.

Bug - A loot bag with discarded items inside will prevent the placement of a workstation. The workstations used to push the bag out of the way, they no longer do. You must first pick up everything in the bag to get it out of the way.

Bug - The Firebowl Cauldron is FREE - Does not require any fuel to work and no longer has a slot indicating which fuel its using.

Bug? - An empty compost box makes a bee buzzing noise like the hive?

̶B̶u̶g̶ ̶-̶ ̶F̶r̶e̶q̶u̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶u̶l̶t̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶t̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶x̶e̶s̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶,̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶o̶d̶d̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶ ̶u̶s̶a̶g̶e̶.̶ Edit: Known

Bug? - Torches, improvised is twigs with plants, the torch however no longer needs coal but has wood and plant fiber, is this intentional? (have not fully read your list yet, was going to do that in bed)

Bug - After damaging a gazelle, it ran off into the sky just like Rudolf. Haven’t managed to repeat this yet.

Bug - Still had stuttering as I run about the map, was worst in the noob river area.

Bug - After killing an NPC, he vanished into the floor.

Bug - Couldn’t pic up a Wolf Cub, gave up, later found him in my inventory, yet I had seen him walk off. Tried again on another cub, couldn’t pick him up but this time I didn’t get one in my inventory.

I found these after about 4 hours of play and progressed to Lv34.

Other than these, the game ran well, we had fun and pleased with the progress of the fixes :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi Jens,

Wow that is an impressive list of fixes, and so close to christmas too. A big thanks to everyone at Funcom for the hard work! May I briefly follow up on an existing issue…? A while back I reported in my thread ‘Journey Steps Bugged’ that we currently have multiple bugged Journey Steps, here are the details I provided in the post:

1. Ch8, Step 7: Discover all of the Lemurian lorestones. Is not awarded when completed.
  2. Ch9, Step 10: Discover all of the Giant-king obelisks. Is also not awarded when completed.
  3. Ch10, Step 8: Explore the entire exiled lands. Similar to the fiest two. It seems that this works for some people but not others.
  4. Ch10, Step 9: Defeat the Mummy of the Ring. This guy doesnt seem to be in the game for some odd reason. Such a shame, as not only does he sound really cool, but one last epic end of game boss battle before removing the bracelet would have made the ending really memorable.

Some of these have been broken for a good while now, and have been raised numerous times. I am not meaning to sound ungrateful, but as they are in a sense our ‘main questline’ I cant help but feel that having all Journey Steps operational is more important than say: the Mountaineer Feat no longer called a religion and True Indigo now dropping seeds. And oddly enough you all fixed:

The potions granted by the Jhebbal Sag religion did not unlock the “Obtain a potion” Journey step. But not these ones.

:thinking: Is there any chance we could get a quick update on this issue? Could we maybe see them in the following update even…? Thanks Jens, I love the game and appreciate the hard work and ongoing support.

3 Likes

I was about to applaud the torch not needing coal (which dosent make sense to begin with) and plus when its unlocked you generally didnt even found coal.

Had the gazelle run into the mountains too, they are so desperate to escape they break the space time and phase into solid things. What sorcery is this?

1 Like

Found an issue with the map. Player placed map markers are removed or hidden by generated map markers.

2 Likes

came here to report just this. All my markers were moved to very near the center of the map and all on top of each other.

Also, I wanted to say the building draw performance seems better, but also the distance you can move away from a building and still see it has improved nicely. So once drawn, it has to redraw much less, if you remain in the general area. Excellent for large bases or player towns.

Another buggy thing I am noticing, which I’d seen before on the regular game, is walking past a craft station sometimes causes me to “swim in the air” with a jumping animation. I believe this is already a known bug.

Lag spikes are pretty much unchanged though and I wan’t expecting the change, since patch notes don’t address it, but I’d hoped anyway.

Clan map markers are plain white dots. They don’t stand out well, among all the other white map markers. Would be awesome if we could have them in color and even choose our own colors. Possible color by clan rank? Would especially like the ability to turn off the clan markers, either as a server setting for all, or individual settings for people that need to go incognito and not be bothered by clan members. I realize you can already see if members are online, in the clan window, but this would help a bit.

Thanks for this great update!

Edit: Thank you for the elite creatures! I have not been killed by anything but world bosses for quite some time. Elite wolf had me run/healing for my life, but ran out of stam and he took me down like I was made out of cheese. I love it!

1 Like

What was this morning very small testlive patch for guys?

impossible to snap walls and ceilings, don’t know if bug or location restrictions Had trouble finding snappoints for foundations as well

There wasn’t one. Could have just been backing up saved data or redownloading files or something.

Maybe. I had a 139mb testlive client update hit me at 11.15am GMT today.

I had similar last night. I was forced to place pillars everywhere, place the ceilings, then remove the pillars.

I agree, here again option is needed.

While i’m sure lot people will enjoy it, some simply want have it, and still see where friends are on the map. I mean, let’s be honest, in a survival situation, you wan’t see where your friends are without any gps-device, or similiar stuff. But that’s not realy the question. Options are still the way to go, because all people will never love or hate the same features.

1 Like

With the changes to how station thralls are looking now, it would be nice if we could change their clothes after we place them at their stations. They all look the same now, at least before there was a little variety.

Similar situation here.
Updated my testlive-server to newest patch, loged-in in my base.
My base consist of fortification-walls, a pen, 3 houses, a slave-wheel, well and of course different placables, thralls, and pets.

All houses seemed fine on the first glance, but one had lost all doors, frames still here, and inside was empty. All furniture had vanished from this houses, while the other 2 houses, both build approx at same moment, was full furnished still.
No lootbags found inside the house.

nothing to do with your mod, Mutligun, had similar “missing” foundation after patch update.
It’s a loading issue, and not mod related here.

Good work, yes, and good bug reports to !

I spoted the “Rudolf” Gazelles to, there many around my base, don’t need to attack them, they go on a daily heaven-trip mostly.

Stuttering became better, but still noticable for me.

Same problem with hyena cubs as described for the wolf cub. Spotted 2 cubs, picked both up and they was well in my inventory, but still walking in front of me. I tried to pick them up again, impossible.

1 Like

Bug with placing foundations.

Before this patch you could raise or lower the foundation to meet your needs, I tend to raise them up a little so that the grass is not poking through them and to get a nice even floor against uneven terrain. With this current build, if you raise or lower the sandstone foundation at all it immediately loses stability and is destroyed. Only way to place the foundation it to keep it at the default position. I had made 8 foundations, and kept clicking to place.

Also, why does Ironstone not stack to 1000 as well?

This was the solution for me. Thank you :slight_smile: