Testlive Patch (24.04.2020) - Followers II Rev.3

I also want to go back to the topic of giving commands to followers using a controller.

Earlier I wrote that reducing the commands menu will allow to set the (X) button at the same time as using objects and giving commands to followers.

This setting allows you to easily collect items from the corpse of a defeated opponent and from crates, but this does not solve problems with some objects (door or getting on the horse).

One small change is enough to make this setting 100% usable. Objects should be used with a single press of a button and commands issued to followers should only work when the command button (X) is pressed twice. This will have an additional advantage. Currently, it is easy to issue a command on a test client. Sending a follower by accident to an unwanted place or ordering to kill an innocent person is common. Pressing the button twice seems to involve the player more.

The command button is now the :skull: death button :skull: (when our follower is already fully armed / leveled, almost every kill order is successful). It is easy to feel like a cruel mafia boss :angry: who orders a death order by merely pointing the finger :point_right: at the victim :rabbit:.

Double pressing to issue a command would give the feeling that each decision is well thought out and the player has strict control over his followers.

Note: I know that double pressing the button now commands the follower to stop, but it is enough that such a function is in the circular menu.

Note 2: I say more, stopping a follower could work by pressing the button three times. The return command is not very useful, because it is enough to just move away from the follower a little bit to know that he should come back to the player.