Testlive Update 2.7 Discussion Megathread

Please use this thread to discuss Update 2.7 on Testlive.

Patchnotes: Testlive Update 2.7 (19.11.2021) - QoL, POI Protection System improvements and more! - #2 by Ignasi

Please try to keep the conversation focused to feedback about the current build on Testlive. Conversations about other platforms and topics should be kept to their respective sections.

Thank you for helping us keep track of feedback about this build.

8 Likes

You got it Funcom:

You should now no longer see wetness, or raindrops on the character, thralls or NPCs when indoors. In addition, you should no longer see wetness on the floor or on placeables if there is something above it blocking the rain. The wetness on the character will fade in/out for 3 seconds after going in/out of cover.

Congratulations

10 Likes

So with this update you can send back you base to your inventory before raid time in pvp servers. And hide your body somewhere.

After raid time put the base on the ground again, a 8 x 8 x 2 box is enough.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi @Ignasi,

Could you clarify what the destroy range will be? At the volcano, clans on many servers have set up map-rooms right in front of the obelisk for easy access. How far away do they have to be to avoid being destroyed?

• Added new Point of Interest protection system. In this initial implementation it will protect obelisks in the Exiled Lands. This new system will periodically check the surroundings of these locations. Buildings found blocking access to these resources will be automatically destroyed.
  • This is controlled via Server Setting, and comes disabled by default (current known issue: setting is defaulted as true for testing purposes). PoiProtectionEnabled=false
3 Likes

What about the issue where followers getting hit by hostile action before they can pull out their weapon, resort to fisticuffs until a lull in the exchange?

2 Likes

Or like is pretty prevalent these days, have a second computer account as the vault, and then guerrilla out and annoy everyone. I’ve seen it at least three times in server newcomers recently, be they sleepers or noobs.

Yeah this drives another nail in raid officials. Clans will now be able to pull vase and popup on a new server to offline wipe as they please.

• Edited placement volume for the Lesser Wheel of Pain to prevent placing it on top of another one.

Nooooo
 why?! :sweat:

Are they fixed fly bases exploit in 2.7 or this for 2/3 years now ?

Did you read the patch notes?

1 Like

Yes nothing about “fly bases” and buildings exploits they have a lot

Good deduction. After last night it looks like every one of these new Grazers has moved on to Siptah. One clan even left notes. Mitra wept.

So I guess I need to Beverly Hillbilly myself over to Siptah and back. Cue the banjo music. If I time it correctly I should be able to use 2.7 to pull up stakes and come back from the Isle with my entire hootch*.

* Military term, late 1990s: bivvy, bivouac or shaving hole

2 Likes
  • Building pieces that are picked up can now be sent to the shortcut bar automatically if another piece of that type is in one of the slots.
  • Interactable objects are now subtly highlighted to ease spotting and interacting with them.

The indoor rain is pretty sweet. I hope that includes snow and ash too. But the two above lines are greatly appreciated. I’m installing testlive again to check them out and see how well Nemedian polishing looks.

I think we need map with marked locations.I try build on testlive but not see any changes.You come,build-and later building will be destroyed?

Not sure they fixed what they said they fixed on the Nemedian armor for A cup girls or building pieces fitting better.

But picking up the bottom building piece and all the ones above going into inventory, rather than being destroyed works as advertised, plus being auto added to the hotbar properly, when you have those same pieces there. Good job on that part :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  • You should now no longer see wetness, or raindrops on the character, thralls or NPCs when indoors. In addition, you should no longer see wetness on the floor or on placeables if there is something above it blocking the rain. The wetness on the character will fade in/out for 3 seconds after going in/out of cover.

tumblr_inline_npgaf1ujLu1qhfnmh_500

Finally, I can build in the jungle without using mods!

2 Likes

What type of interactables are we talking about? I have looked at a few spots that say “press F to interact” and they don’t seem any different so far.

**Interactable objects are now subtly highlighted to ease spotting and interacting with them.

So when I go inside a building while it is raining, the floor is dry! Awesome! It would also be nice if the rain and weather sounds would dampen down, like they do with sand storms and maelstrom. Not silent, just drop the sound to maybe half of what it is when outside.

4 Likes

The stormglass gate has enough of a lip on it at the top where someone can climb up atop it even if there are fences built, and especially if there are crenelated fences- you can climb up and jump straight through those crenellations. The climbing/scaling profile of this gate needs to be adjusted to be flush like the other gates and walls are- even if just in it’s mesh and not visually.

Also, I’d really like the option to disable the ‘ghosts’ of placeables in the hotbar. If I use it up, that slot becomes empty. It’s how it is in most other similar games. I find it really annoying to have to clear my hotbar of things I don’t have anymore.