The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

I’ve tried to run the game from both Steam and from a download straight from Funcom and I get the same problem from both sources. I’ve reinstalled the game multiple times. I’ve reinstall all the files for windows that most "fixes for this error say to SEVERAL times (normally to no avail) and I’m still getting this error. Nothing ive done works. Can someone please help me solve this problem?

According to the Oracle of Google- this ap error has these actions-
1) Reboot your computer

2) Run your application as administrator

3) Reinstall your application

4) Reinstall Microsoft .NET framework (for Windows 7 or below)

5) Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages

6) Update your Windows

7) Run check disk

8) Switch to ChromeOS

Good luck.

Tried all of that and none of it works. I have not and will not use ChromeOS which is trash anyway. But thanks for the suggestions of things that I clearly said I’ve already done though. Thanks for not actually reading my post.

Assuming you have a system that meets the minimum requirements, generally those errors are due to something missing or a process not running.

Disable firewall and antivirus…

Also run the patchersetup in the game folder as admin. If it doesn’t reinstall all the directx runtimes, run the dxwebsetup in the game folder.

If you had a custom UI or used AoC quick start in the past, you may need to reinstall it and disable it. If AoC quick start try’s to run and is missing something it will give you that error.

You are most welcome!!!

Include your system specs
Answer: ever used a custom ui?

This error can happen because of several different reasons, including 64 bit and a 32 bit environment conflicts at the .dll file.

You could try updating your drivers, turning off security software, running in compatibility mode, running as administrator, setting to DX9 on the Patcher Options, shader 2.0 or higher, re-install Strange UI and uninstall properly (deactivate) or ask Santa for a new Nvidia graphics card… but until you reveal more information it’s wasteful guess-work at best; probably why you didn’t get much feedback :nerd_face:

There have few methods to solve the error
Step1.Download here and open the installer
Step2.In the UAC window, press Yes
Step3.Click Install and follow the directions given by the installation wizard to install it correctly
Step4.Once the program installs, it will run an automatic system scan, overviewing three areas – system security, stability, and hardware issues. This includes Registry and Windows system files’ check.
step5. The software will provide a report about detected issues. To fix these issues, you will need to purchase and enter the program’s license key.
Here check [0xc000007b] all methods and their details steps to follow.

2 Years later…