The base disappeared

That’s your speculation. Problem is, Funcom doesn’t give you a detailed explanations of why they wiped you and banned you. So people like you come to the forums with their own theories – often parroted from someone else’s preconceptions – and they post their convictions as if they were facts.

Case in point: you’re repeating the popular trope about the FPS, but the rules say something different.

Yes, have you?

For example, it seems like you didn’t read this part, just like most people who complain about how they got wiped because they “build big”:

Did you read the bit where it says “loss of performance both on client and server-side”?

Follow-up question: do you know the difference between client-side and server-side performance?

That’s because you’re not paying attention:

Blocking the map marker is pretty clearly blocking the content in the game.

You’re welcome to try. Here, I’ll make it easy for you: I play on PVE-C server 1818, my character is called Arvid, and my clan is called Voidbringers. My base is the bottom-right region of the C7 map grid square, right outside the Unnamed City. Feel free to go there, take some screenshots, and compose a Zendesk report. Let’s put your theory to test, hm? :wink:

Yes, I am. I remember what it was like before the rules, and it sucked.

Anyone could wall off someone else’s base, or an obelisk, or a bunch of important resources, and there was nothing that could be done about it.

Anyone could make a malicious build that dropped your client-side FPS to single digits due to abuse of placeables, or crash the server on purpose if they knew how, and there was nothing that could be done about it.

In short, we were all left at the mercy of trolls and griefers.

I don’t wanna go back to that just because you disagree with the rules.

Is the system perfect? Far from it. I’d like to see it improved, if possible. But if they don’t want to improve it, I’m fine with that. If you aren’t fine with it, it’s because you stay “clean” within the boundaries of the rules, and frankly, I’ve got little sympathy left for that.

There are people like @Kikigirl who got targeted by admin action without actually knowing what rules they broke and how. I reserve sympathy and support for cases like that, but they are actually a tiny minority. Most of the times, a forum complaint about admin action turns out to be a case where someone actually broke the rules and when they realized it they shifted the goalposts from “I was unfairly targeted by admins” to “the rules are not okay”. Your case seems to be one of those.

1 Like