The beauty of Age of Conan`s world

And why ypi not posted that reshade?

Everyone should share theirs as well.

picture133%20

3 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

Omg… I can’t believe it’s a game… it looks sooooo real, this is a reminder why we’re still playing :slight_smile: too bad this company put this amazing game in scrap book…

3 Likes

P.S My screenshots are done without Reshade or SweetFX filters.

******************************** other Guides posted by me *********************************

[AOC Scripts: What are they? How to make or modify scripts etc]
[Circumventing the Game Errors (revival of old topic)]
[Parsers - setting up, using, interpreting, tips and tricks, etc]

3 Likes

So why u wont share reshade preset with us?

Ok, because I love the details of this game and you have already posted so good sights of Hyboria, here some of me.

6 Likes

Still my favorite world design. For all the technological engine and details the likes of ESO, GW2 & SWTOR have, for me they lack the spark of life and realistic vastness of this misterious world.

And the fact that it’s supposed to be our Earth circa 10,000 years ago, takes it from the realm of fantasy to an archaeological dream.

3 Likes

Have not been able to find a working Reshader file with presets…

It’s a damn shame Jawn took down his Postcard series of AoC footage from all content from all those years ago. He went to a lot of effort making them (all filmed in DX10 when it was barely even supported), and they looked GOOD.

There used to be an online AoC music player as well. A quick search didn’t reveal it, but the audio in this game really makes it something. Footsteps crunching on the snow always made this Stygger’s spine tingle.

2 Likes

Old dx10 was a WAY better then dx10 afer Dreamworld upddate in 2011.
Just look at this and compare to present

1 Like

I found some very old screenshots (2011 and 2012) on one of my USB sticks, this one I found really beautiful and wanted to share it:

During the morning hours in game the godrays become slightly pinkish-rose colored (same with the clouds in the sky), in combination with the already red colored “Red Forest” in the Province Chosain it creates really beautiful sceneries.
This was taken completely without any graphical mods like SweetFX or ReShade, purely in game graphics (though I played around with gamma and brightness in the graphical settings back then I think).

6 Likes

Comoare old engine to new one and see, that new is crap

Godray setting used to have a 1-10 setting didn’t it? And the the new engine essentially distilled that aspect to on/off?

And obviously made it terrible in ways I can never understand, but we’re stuck with it seemingly.

You can still set the godray intensity with a chat command.

/setoption RenderSetting_GodraysIntensity X
Replace X with a number from 0 - 100 (0 = godrays disabled). I don’t know what the default is, could be 50 maybe, 100 is very bright.

There are many of those commands that let you change the game in different ways, on Steam I saw a few screenshots where PvP players pretty much had only grey textures and just high quality player models.

Yeah, nice. I’ve noticed a lot of those setoption sub-commands over the years (I used chat-macro all the time), but never bothered to play with them.

Came back to the game. Managed to bypass a lot of UI so shaders like Ambient Occlusion or RayTracing (depth based) would work with HUD. Softer Reshade this time.
proof

2 Likes

6 Likes

Onyx Chambers traumas :upside_down_face: