The Black House Challenge in under 2 minutes...an impossibilty?

Has anyone successfully completed this challenge?

I have Sprint VI but just can’t do it in under 2 mins.

I would greatly appreciate any advice from players that have successfully completed this challenge. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Yep. It’s easy. Examine the clues in the house as quickly as possible, then click the gravestones quickly. Once you have the urn, run as fast as you can past the zombies across the road, through the baseball field, then to the waterfall. Keep your inventory open during all this and immediately right click the urn when you get there. You should have just enough time.

1 Like

You don’t need Sprint VI for it. Did that even exist when that achievement was added?

If your load times are quick enough, Anima Leap can also shave off a decent chunk of time.

I have! Now I’ve found a little thing that makes it even faster after already completing it. Put yourself a purification drone on. Start the purification drone and then pick up the urn immediately after. The purification drone will cleanse the stun early and you can get started on touching the headstones. Use this with any other tips you’ll get here. I do this as one of my dailies.

2 Likes

You can also grab the cheapest green blade and put on Supreme Harmony just for this if you don’t use blade. It’s an elite that gives a long movement speed bonus. I used it for the achievement.

When you click on each clue in the house, turn towards the door as your character picks up the item. You can do that with a directional key so that it doesn’t interrupt your pickup. Then have your finger on the esc button to close the pop up immediately after you pick it up.

Have your action item bar clear before you begin the mission so that when you pick up the urn it’s on your action bar. When you get to the water you can shift + the number it is on your bar. You don’t need your inventory open unless there is a problem with using it this way.

It was also possible in TSW (although I don’t know if it is in SWL) to get out of the bathroom upstairs before the door closes, so you don’t have to waste seconds attacking it.

I haven’t been able to. I just shoot or use a multi hit and run then jump over the rail and walk backwards so that I fall through the crack in the stairs to get to the basement right away lol.

1 Like

You can also drop an AoE on the floor before the door closes on it.

1 Like

It’s definitely possible to complete with Sprint V and absolutely no special tricks. Probably even with Sprint IV and a few movement-/stun-related tricks.

Yeah I’d say they just have to get the hang of it. I know I did.

Also, if you can get someone else to run the mission with you at the same time, they can get stunned by the grave effect while you disable the wards.

1 Like

Is this one where you can get someone else to do it for you completely as long as you are with them?

CC immunity also lets you bypass the stun. All in all the mission is doable in quite a lot under 2 minutes if you cut it tight and as such probably is possible even with sprint 3 I would guess, higher sprints just give more leeway.

1 Like

Right. If they take a while in the house a faster Sprint and stun cleanse will help. Supreme Harmony lasts half-way to river/creek; it lasts a long time. I think it’s a 23% speed increase. Been a while since I checked. If they use that and have the Dodge signet that increases speed it will help cover a lot of time taken in the house. They also just may not know about jumping over the rail and into the crack of the stairs. That cuts a lot of time too.

1 Like

The biggest thing for achievement only (not speedrunning the whole mission) is starting in the back, do the house like normal, maybe a CC immunity for the urn (You don’t get stunned or hurt from touching the circle btw) and than maybe a port to the agartha portal well…these three things should save you enough time to get below 2 minutes but the expert for the mission is Darkness who got the MISSION down to 1:09 …so he knows more corners than me probably

1 Like

It is doable with spint IV and without any cleanses. I did it ‘by the book’ in TSW and SWL using anima leap. And I think in TSW even without anima leap because we got it later.

1 Like

It’s perfectly doable with Spring IV. If you have Sprint VI it should be ridiculously trivial.

The question was never if it could be done under Sprint VI… They wanted advice on how to get it done because they can’t do it even with the highest Sprint.

I’ve been practising and the best time so far…2mins 15 secs!

What gadgets do I need to do a stun cleanse?

You don’t get stunned from touching the circle? Sorry, how do you do that? I find getting stunned is unavoidable.