The current performance of PlayStation 5. Friendly conversation and feedback, no rant

I really love this game. In this game i feel free, invincible. I love the work that devs did and give you multiple choices for growing and dominate. So i role play a lot and the battle performance i have on single player is making me feel awesome when i fight. So through the years i made multiple sessions, creating difficulties with restrictions and enjoying in the end that i triumph in every single goal i focused. I even enjoy the clumsiness of on line gaming, i see it as extra challenge and numerous times things that i did easily on single player, i repeat them online “for spice”.
I own a Playstation 5 and i still choose performance over beauty. I see my son playing on quality and i love the colour’s and the details, but i am a combat freak, so i choose performance.
I did a lot of challenging topics in here, but people were always asking how do you do this? Photos cannot show to others that there are not impossible things in this game, so i started streaming about a month ago first to learn how to do it (streaming) and second to see if streaming affects the performance of the game. It’s nice because people sometimes come in and ask questions about the game and i am always glad to help.
Yet…
On exile lands, when you do a serious purge the game will crash.
On Siptah, after awhile you’ll start loosing knowledge, especially the sorcery is impossible to retrieve, plus you loose followers, benches, crafters, like everything starts to fail…
So here’s the question.
Let’s say that this game has skilled players in this console and i am not speaking for me right now. And these players create a fan base and start streaming. What do you expect that will happen when all these problems will start. Don’t get me wrong, but the one who really looses here is the company, nobody else.
The game is fantastic, please help your self and fix these enormous issues. The game must save progress correctly and crashes must stop in single player, especially on events like purges that both players and audience are agonizing.

I love the game, i love you too nonetheless for all these beautiful gaming years and i really hope you’ll find solutions to these issues. Thank you for your time.

11 Likes

The Playstation version is in dire need of optimization. It is crazy that I am still experiencing many of the issues I used to experience on ps4 on my ps5. For example lag, desynchronization (especially between mobs dying and their death cry and bodies appearing), textures cycling in and out, NPCs and other assets all rendering in completely black from head to toe. @stelagel I really, genuinely hope you can help enact some positive change here. But at this point I have become jaded, bitter and cynical. And I have consigned myself to this being roughly ~as good as the Playstation version will ever be.

8 Likes

That’s what I live with on the PS4 PRO. I’m wondering about the PS5 DE PRO. I want one for the potential ray-tracing in and out of game. (I know it is one bounce, for now.) I’m in no hurry.

4 Likes

Not sure what the ps5 ‘DE PRO’ is Dzontas, I have never heard of this. But we still have most of the same issues we used to on ps4. It is just a slightly lesser degree of severity.

2 Likes

DE is for the Digital Edition. It comes with SSD installed, no HDD.

I watched how the PS5 rez’s in the detail after a teleport. There is no loading screen. Because it is almost instant when compared to the PS4.

Assuming good faith…

1 Like

PS5 doesn’t use HDD. All have SSD. The DE doesn’t have a disk reader, so you can’t use a physical copy of a game or play a blu-ray disk, etc. If that is not a problem for you, it’s slightly cheaper.
Has the PRO been announced? The slim just came out, so it’s a bit odd…

3 Likes

It is convenient with the DvD. I’m not a power-user on PS5, so yes the DvD can be skipped. (plus we know GTX is at it’s end, left behind… for debug)

1 Like

Yes please. When i play single player and my character is on advanced situation with a good amount of followers, stored loot, buildings (not necessarily big) and knowledge of feat points, it’s exactly where the problems start, rarely before this. Your game stops, a loading bar appears and lead you to an option menu, so you press the “accept report” option. This on exile lands however that i never lost progression so far.

But in Siptah…
You don’t crash, your console keeps performing but when it fails to recognize issues and save, you will understand it while you log out, or, when you log in the next day.
Then a serious downhill starts, you will do things for hours and won’t be saved, you will loose knowledge like sorcery that you cannot retrieve and only a “wipe” will give you an option to continue normally. What mean by “wipe” let me explain please.

I started a session on twitch “No slavery, crafters only from Surge”
About 8 days ago. Bella would enter the lands of Siptah, fresh character, fresh game (outstanding performance), to dominate the lands and explore the new loot system of Siptah.
In my way of progression some people were jumping in to watch, for some i was boring apparently because i don’t use mic, i am not a streamer, i am a player who streams his play through, but for some i was interesting and they were asking questions about the game so i happily answered and show them as well a suggestion how to achieve their goal as easy as possible. Like i said in the beginning photos cannot explain, videos can. Everything went smoothly until Friday night. I had reached to the point to accept lvl 8 purges, i understand the importance of existence of lower purges and i had chests full of legendary weapons, materials, named crafters from surge, tier 3 on necessary points of my base and of course many named beautiful followers waiting to be leveled and protect their new home.
Saturday evening i log in in a place i was last night 40 minutes before i log out…
My transportation stone was lost…
Although i was wearing my Abyssal armor i had lost all my sorcery knowledge, so i go to the cave again to retrieve it…
I returned to my base to see that half of my benches amd my crafters dissappear…
I lost a fully lvled camel. The poor animal didn’t exist anywhere anymore, not even the event log.
I go to the sorcery table and i cannot learn sorcery anymore, so from now on two options exist, either continue without sorcery, either recreate character…
I said what the heck, it’s single player let’s spawn our missing and i will continue without sorcery, after all i was close to the epilog of this mission.
So i gather up, restore the missing and continue with a lvl 8 purge. My favorite twitch friend jumps in the stream in the end of it. He-she was sad that lost it and i said no problem let’s do another one and i did.
Then he - she tells me your game didn’t load correctly, you still have the naked workers in your benches. I try to log out, i cannot, infinite log out. So i say that i’ll stop streaming to restart console. I restart and log in to realize that everything i did, everything i win in these 2 purges was not there anymore, like it never happened, my whole knowledge was gone again from my feat points…
I said what the heck it’s time for a fast epilog, so i try really fast to gather up again and start a lvl 10 purge, do i go to my treasury to place the gold and i cannot open the chest…
I cannot delete it…
I cannot place another…
I fix a fast treasury close to start a lvl 10 purge and end the session, the purge demolishers broke a wall not door and break in the treasury from a foundation without stairs, even the purge npcs could pass this high foundation without stairs that normally they can’t, just to enter my tavern area and kill my sitting zero level named npcs…
I fight for 20 minutes kill everything i could, i didn’t die, end i get a message that purge was satisfied with the gold they obtain, so the purge stopped.
My friend says now what?
I said, do you think this progress is saved now?
I log out properly now, without issues.
I log in and YES the progress is saved now :rofl::rofl::rofl:.
So that’s what i mean “wipe” my friend Croms. My winning efforts couldn’t be saved, my doom effort did, cool huh?
I didn’t want to end my stream this way, so i enter to my exile lands javelin session to make a lvl 10 purge. It was going well and i was holding easily the purge, yet… Crash!!!

So imagine if i was a famous streamer and i had thousands watching me, who would lost from this situation, the streamer?
No my friend the game would loose not the player!

8 Likes

If I had to take a guess, the reason why there’s no PS5 optimisation is because of Sony. Microsoft gave free upgrades to everything with ‘available on Xbox One and Series X/S’. Sony didn’t. For example- Want the Assassins Creed Valhalla upgrade? Free on X/S. Sony? Go buy the PS5 version at full retail. Maybe if Funcom dropped support for old generation, they could sneak in optimisation for PS5, who knows?

1 Like

Actually, quite a few games had free PS5 upgrades. I doubt this was a reason. However, if a game didn’t have a PS5 version, it didn’t get an upgrade. I’ve got numerous games I can play both PS4 and PS5 versions… including Valhalla. I started it on PS4 and finished on PS5. In fact, that’s a bad example you put forth because Ubisoft made all of their PS4/5 games upgradable. I have both Immortals Fenyx Rising and AC Valhalla on both consoles.

I believe there’s a deeper reason why PS5 doesn’t have optimization and it’s more likely due to the operating system requirements. Supposedly it’s easier to convert PC to Xbox than it is to convert to PlayStation or Switch. That’s all just hearsay though. I’m no coder. Wouldn’t surprise me though. PlayStation gets riddled with odd bugs and it has less in common with the PC port than Xbox has.

3 Likes

It’s true. But i won’t go to comparison path. I will stay here in this game and this forum. Often we say to people that play official this game, don’t do this, don’t build this much, do it on single player…
How can you build as you wish, take as much as thralls as you wish when the game don’t alow you to even have the standard :woman_shrugging:t4:. When you have to go ghost and pick up your thralls from the mase. When nothing spawns correctly and regularly like official servers.
So the only solution exists right now is to actually rent a server from g portal to have less issues with your gaming, yet forget battle performance. Because online you still have connection issues, lags, etc.
No!
Single player MUST be flawless, no workarounds and no other solutions than actually a perfect game. Single player rocks, it’s the only place that you can actually learn how to fight everything and it should be best to all other options on everything!

I love you my friend and i am pretty happy the game in Xbox and pc single player is flawless…
Xbox Bug Reports - Funcom Forums

It has several users that come to say hi here and not to report issues :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

4 Likes

Is it a bug or a feature? Yes :joy:

1 Like

yes and, not break DMCA rules. :wink:

1 Like

Good morning .
I agree with you, before when I started Conan Exile, I played on PS4 solo.
The experience was fun until the crashes, bugs and other inconveniences appeared.
In order not to lose my progress I had to decide to rent a server (assuming that the progress was saved by the server and not by the console .
For a year I have been playing on PS5 thinking that as the other editors do it I have a PS5 version, even if the matches meets are less than on PS4, they persist despite everything, delay in the display of textures, NPC or player who fall under the map, absence of some of the decorm (the sentries of the broken basin) village of PNJ which takes time before appearing etc.

Certainly Microsoft to pay for an XB Series version, Sony does not do it .
But and it is the manufacturer’s responsibility to ask the publisher to provide a compatible (optimized) version of a new version of a product , I do not think , it is the publisher to provide the product for the machine on which it is used to operate .
Currently rare are the PlayStation games supported by the PS4 having a PS5 version to have no dedicated PS5 version.
This is unfortunately the case of Conan Exile. Why put this on PS5 sin we have a PS4 version with its default?
Out of respect for their customers I think Funcom would have a meter available a real PS5 version.

To come back to the subject, it is clear that Funcom must make efforts for the console versions of this because currently the solo game is an unplayable bay due to backup errors and other bug.

3 Likes

I do feel their respect too. We are too many years attached to this game, forum and streams. I will definitely not stop playing, i already gathered my new mission and in a couple hours i will start streaming it. Nothing can break me that much anymore in this game to make me stop playing it, it’s my favorite habit. I am “sick” with Conan exiles but in a good way.
I believe that this game always loose ground out of “bad priorities”. Maybe i am wrong, but i think i am not. It’s pity, they constantly loose ground when trying to add things before they solve major issues.
The game needs to react perfect in the basics, the smaller bugs can wait.
I would like to believe that the saving memory issue is on PlayStation fault, but when i read similar problems on pc and Xbox, then it’s getting clear to me that it’s on them. Same with crash.
On exile lands the game is crashing and lead you straight to the “report issue” menu, but you don’t loose anything . On Siptah it doesn’t crash but after awhile it’s not saving either so you loose everything.
But anyway, you already know all these, thank you for your contribution my fellow exile @mynotaure, i really appreciate it :hugs:.

2 Likes

I take pleasure in reading your defis that you had the goodness of shared with us on this forum, you are a great patient (lol) I would never try your defis because I do not born the patience or the character for.
What medium do you do with your streams ? Could you provide us with a link?
I am curious to see this live (not your misadventures due to the lack of optimization of the game, the crumbs support me) but to see how you renew the game constantly with interesting ideas

2 Likes

I have the same nickname on twitch too, stelagel, lol. I don’t even have settings or save videos. I am a player who streams his game through , not a streamer. I do all the walk through without admin mode. First time i used admin mode was in Siptah to bring my animals out of mase.

1 Like