The illusion system done extremely poorly , please dev fix it

in mods it doesn’t consume/destroy the appearance of item at all you just choose appearance and apply it to stronger gear and keep appearance item ( but in the new illusion system it destroy the illusion that you apply it )

but in current illusion system they added , if you loss your gear say in pve or pvp were someone loot your corpse , not only you will have to craft the armor you loss all over again but also you will have to craft another 5 pieces of armor set of illusions

so please dev make sure illusion item doesn’t get consumed once you apply its appearance to strong stats gear

PS: on top of that even if you didn’t die and use circle of power to summon dude with armor that die and get his powerful armor , and you use illusion on the 1 hour armor means you waste the full set you crafted after that 1 hour ended , dev must use mod system that do not consume your appearance items and respect your time

Luckily most of the armors people would use as skins will be DLC and they come with a cheap version to craft. Legendaries cannot be used as skins. But generally, I agree, Fashionist does it better.

4 Likes

yeah fashion really important , i also want to mention in post too ( PS: on top of that even if you didn’t die and use circle of power to summon dude with armor that die and get his powerful armor , and you use illusion on the 1 hour armor means you waste the full set you crafted after that 1 hour ended , dev must use mod system that do not consume your appearance items and respect your time )

Hello there ^^
I personally like it that the illusion spell destroys the item which the illusion is drawn from. :woman_shrugging:
I can understand the developers decision because as it is now, it fits the present magic theme, where all magic comes at a price and is in it’s nature more of the destructive type.

1 Like

But there are some eldarium gear that looks very nice that you may want to just copy the look.

1 Like

I understand both sides here. My compromise; break the gear into its base components.

Thoughts?

I have not played IoS in a while but didn’t they have epic and non-epic version as well or was that only for the delved ones.

EDIT: I looked into the wiki and indeed only the delved stuff has a non-epic version. The vault gear doesn’t. I don’t disagree though that fashion is expensive.

I like the system. Yes, you loose some gear. But it’s not that much of a hassle; some grinding/crafting is part of the game.

I really, really love that you can give your thralls’ armor a different appearance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.