The implementation of trade in the world of conan exiles, is it feasible?

the possibilities that would come out of the game, would be of biblical proportions

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever played a game with so much WASTED potential. This game could be truly epic …IF…

2 Likes

Just a few words but so true . The most wasted material in the game , especially on PvP is leather . Not long ago I asked for a trade system with markets in Sepermeru ,not only to sell but to buy too . It would be very awesome if we could sell anything we don’t need and buy what we need :wink: . You know however what is very tragic ? @Ignasi please help , I want to send to a friend gift a dlc from ps store and I don’t have this option , why ? Sending money to a friend is not a gift ,if you understand what I mean , please pass it through the marketing system of the company . In TESO you can send gift Dlcs to others , it would be really awesome if we had the same option here , thank you .

@Triton30 Sorry if I went a little of topic here ,but speaking for trades and markets I remember my desperation that I had last week when I tried to send a dlc gift to a friend and I couldn’t . Thank you .

3 Likes

Besides the drop into a lootbag, we really need a chest that can only be opened by the traders. That is not critical, but I’m pointing out the trust required to do an open trade like that in the wild. If we are all adults here, then let’s say it is working at minimal.

2 Likes

@Dzonatas ,Well , one year ago I suggested charity tables . An item that someone can put out of his base and every one can loot from it . To be honest ,even now there are at least 2 places that you can put items and another player can loot in pve . Chaos mouth and black ice forge . But how easy is to visit these places if you’re a new player ? The greatest needs of trade is between new and old players . Old players enjoy to help the new ones :wink: . I always have to drop down things with the fear that they won’t decay … sad .

2 Likes

Do crates lock in pve? Never use them much except where you put some down will have to check.

1 Like

@sestus2009 ,In official pve servers everything is unaccessible from other players , except ofcurse clan members . Even if you skin a dead pet or thrall of another player all you will get is what your skining knife will give you , you cannot have access on the loot bag because the corpse belongs to someone else . So a trade system is something very important , since the bugs that follows are too many . Today on 3728 I have some things to a new player , he looted everything by triangle button . Still everything he looted was not visible in his inventory (first bug) , this causes the problem that you cannot remove your armor (2nd bug) , the next problem you cannot remove items from the armorers bench (3rd bug) if you won’t log out soon the game will crush and maybe you will loose items from your inventory . So if this happens you have to log out very soon ,so the items that you looted will appear to your inventory and the game will continue normaly . Use this log in log out trick , everytime you collect things that someone else drop you on the floor and you will recover everything the other one drops :wink: . Still how many persons know how to fight bugs ?

2 Likes

Never heard of that one

1 Like

I too want a more trade oriented economic system. but to do that would have to reset certain harvesting numbers to make it even worth it. Right now the only trade is RNG recipes. All other resources are far too easy (Especially CE where you can port anywhere and farm in 2 minutes with fast travel) to even worry about trading. To have trade you need interaction between players be necessary, and supply to be less than demand. Right now one can play on officials servers and never interact with another play and get all they need to do what they want. And on CE, one can even just stay in Seperamu (including wine cellar dungeon) and brimstone lake (including Warmaker Dungeon) to get all they need and never venture anywhere else on game…

1 Like

When they added the jungle, I had thought that high end recipes would require star metal from the north, and some unique stuff from the jungle. But then the jungle was just another mid tier area.

But location based resources would make trade more viable. Even if you could go everywhere, it makes sense that people who dwell in a location would have done the work for you and you can trade (or raid) for materials you need. Especially if you don’t wish to gather them yourself.

Fast travel makes this less impactful as well. To be honest, I don’t see the need for map rooms when horses are available now. Map rooms were needed because we thought faster movement wasn’t possible due to engine restrictions.

1 Like

@Taemien ,One really rare time I , ll disagree with you . Map room is map room and horse is horse . Star metal is a material that you must travel in different timing periods to get it . So if my house is on jungle I see no reason to travel 30 min with my horse to go for star metal and won’t find any . Map rooms are very useful , an excellent mechanism and no mount can replace them .

4 Likes

It doesn’t take 30 minutes on horseback to get Starmetal. Even from the Jungle. It doesn’t even take that long on foot. The map isn’t that large.

Half the servers I’ve played on restricted maproom access so encourage player interaction for either PVP or RP (or both). Because with access people would tend to avoid each other by using them.

1 Like

I for one would love to see this trade idea

1 Like

I believe that I play the game long enough to say this , yes it takes about 30 min from my location for sure ,even if I use the passage of the jungle to North , which is a great delay and dangerous for the horse . Start from the Lemurian camp (Derketo religion) to ride until North . I ve done m8 , I ve done it . Even if you go full speed , focused only in this , which is unbelievably boring , you will make not less than 20 min . Why in the earth I won’t use the map room 20 sec travel , I must be nuts . Map room is far the best farming mechanism of the game , horses are cool but still need a lot of job in consoles . They are really hard to ride , they don’t have a simple autojump in small rocks and they stack , they delay to stop sprinting and loose stamina and they are way more vunerable than you when you sprint because they cannot dodge :wink: . Horses ,one day maybe , not yet , not yet . Still my point of view is coming from console gaming , maybe on pc horses react better , I can’t say , still I don’t believe they are faster ,or swim faster , so there is no way to replace the teleport speed and I don’t believe there will be . Map rooms cannot be replaced from mounts ,only from other teleport machanism . Still if you love to ride the horse and don’t use your map room , it’s ok by me m8 , your gaming time , your choice and very respectfully :+1: .

You’re kinda proving my point. If you didn’t have a maproom you’d be more inclined to meet someone in the center and trade for items rather than get them yourself.

1 Like

@Taemien ,Well ,once again you have to forgive me because I didn’t understand this point . To this I totally agree , If there was a completed trade system and camel caravans , why not , then I wouldn’t mind to trade things for star metal , still there is a great fear that nobody would want to build on the edges of the map and the middle of the map would be overcrowded . Anyway , it would be fine by me in this case not to have obelisks , but I would love to have some feline mounts too that has less capacity and go faster :wink: . Omg I am a dreamer :rofl::rofl::rofl: .

Speaking to my heart :slight_smile:
Fast travel hurts PVP Raid as well, because it is way too easy to insta-raid and return. Having to cross the map to invade another territory would add another layer to a what is now a very thin game style.

The problem is outside of tools, star metal is not that needed in the game. And once you get blood tools, it is almost not even needed. Legendary weapons are so easy to get, that even RNG doesn’t make Star Metal worth the hassle of timing it right to farm. I usually take 5 explosive arrows on a black ice run just in case, but otherwise once I get 2 nodes for tools and improved preserve boxes, i don’t figure it inot my PVP farming cycles.

1 Like

I’m all up for offline trade. Setting up shop could be a nice addition to the game. But…the reason why I think it’s not worth it at the moment is the fact that server population is to low to make it relevant and it would benefit only PvE.On PvP servers we know how item aquisition from other players works.
Vendors definetely need a rework with more consideration towards what players actually want. There is a great need for vendors to trade in excess items like light/thick leather, hides, demon blood, feathers, bones/bonemeal, etc.

I played Perfect World that had cat heads on a post as symbol for trade. You can interact with it for access to inventories.