The Never Ending "Loading Screen" Story

Another page he found on it, doesn’t have a start date, maybe thats an issue? I am not a programmer

arnie roll

A little smile given whats happened today!

3 Likes

I been trying to get them to do something about this for the LONGEST time. Now i cant get in. Usually I try to be understanding because tgey are a small company… But it takes literally 1 person to PAUSE THE DECAY TIMERS during this. Since they have not, im done being polite, because this is mismanagement now. I dont care about the delays on parity and the new content, i can be patient and understanding on that. But this issue means i literally can not refresh my base/town that ive had for years. Not to mention all of my gear!

I also would be more understanding if i didnt get the run around for months! i made tickets, emails, forum posts, contacted Gportal… Nothing just generic “we will pass this along”…

At this point I have to wonder if this is a shady tactic to eventually get rid of PVEC servers because they are tired of paying for them, unless this is just a PS4 problem… Im a working man, i cant be watching my base on PVP all night every night hoping i dont get offlined, and i dont want to play on PVE because, well, I find it boring… Conflict is a great balance.

Pause decay timers now, please. This shouldnt even be a debate… Unless you just want everyones stuff to decay there? Because thats whats happening…

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I’ve experienced and the October date would also tie in with the huge psn 8.0 update…

Those are previous updates from a long time ago (before you installed conan even). We are on update 2.3 now, and the last update before that was in August 2020 “followers update” I think it was called.

1 Like

On 3052 it starts slowly in November or October i think.
But since Feb it was not able to login for me.
On an other server (I don’t remember the number now) it came one or two month ago. And was from day to day earlier I can not login anymore. Seems that something get more and more data every day and you can not login after something do this.
@Community I recognised that I am logged in while I am in loading screen. In logs I die becouse of hunger. The logs also shows one dead multiple times in an interval of few seconds.
I also remember that I read about a fix for glitch that allows people go into building when they go offline near someone buildings and they was not rendered at the time they came online.
Maybe there is something whit this. But why this happened only on pve-c? What happen when you disable the c on this servers. Will it work after that?
Or maybe pvp and pve are the next. Becouse of a mysterious number of building parts that don’t allow to enter the world after the loading screen.
Maybe there is a special character in someone’s name that is responsible for this :sweat_smile: and the person checked the other servers after update… So nothing works anymore… Software is sometimes a b****

Maybe we can help? Maybe you make a backup and check what happens when you remove elements, players and other things step by step. Then let some people check to login and play without their buildings… I thing here are enough people that will give you feedback and want to help. And maybe we find together the bad bug who is responsible for this.
Or just write some magic.sh as cronjob that do things that fix this however :joy:

1 Like

I agree, the decay timers should most definately be turned off for the time being untill they’ve fioxed this issue, that would gain funcom the greatest respect and show they really do care about their community…please everyone suggest the same! Safety in numbers maybe! ■■■ @Mayra @Hugo @Community

3 Likes

As I said I am not literate in tech really, BUT I do remember clearly coming home form work, cooking, cleaning then settling down to play the game I’d looked forward to all day, only for my machine to tell me it was installing an update for Conan, it took all night! end fed beg march i am trying to work my shifts back to get an actual date from my diary… didn’t for one minute think I’d have needed screenshots lol, am defo going to in the future! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All I know is that its been a week that i cannot log in at all, soooo even if it gets fixed and my stuff is gone, im done with this game anyway. After years of playing and supporting, to lose my hard work like this… If i wanted to lose my base id play on PVP…

1 Like

Hey you are in my server and need to stop using so much sandstone and upgrade before you extend… looks like you are trying the block off the entire north lol… but i feel your pain. Ive invested too much time to be nice. I tried being polite but nothing seems work when it come to fixing this issue. Just here hoping we dont lose all of our stuff we worked so long a hard for…

1 Like

You mean my wall around my city? Thats not sandstone spam. Ive had too many trolls try to build up on me over the years to not have that. And its not anywhere near being the whole north its just the area way southeast of bridge and doesnt even reach Asagarth. Ive only taken what i need and havent expanded it for a long time and have no reason to. Doesnt matter… Its probably all decayed anyway…

There may be one area to the west of my base that may look sketch, I can probably remove that because I had to put it there bc a troll was trying to surround my base bc my wife killed him lol

1 Like

Yeah honestly I think that would be a psn update. If you tried to play conan it would say something like “network features not available without update”. It would essentially appear like a game update but would actually be for psn. Until yesterday conan had no updates since August last year.

Ok dude… there’s a time and a place😅. The last thing we need is infighting. Let’s try to keep things constructive, or they will shut us down.

I dont see how a PSN update breaks a connection issue to JUST PVEc servers

1 Like

Better question is why don’t we see any updates from community. This seems like its a bigger issue now than before the patch.

If I was at my real job and this was a vendor I was dealing with I would be calling you every 2 hours asking about a status.

Arent all the devs/troubleshooters in Europe so they should be hours ahead of us (im assuming we are all in the US right now lol). They just have to know something we are back to no news instead of bad news again FC.

2 Likes

Neither do I… but I have no idea how servers work in relation to the psn. Nor do I know how Gportal has assigned their servers. What I do know is after update 8.0 I started having issues that worsened over time.

It seems to me that many of the dates of the posts also coincide with that update, give or take a few weeks… I’m struggling to find consistent posts before that 8.0 update (mid/late oct 2020). Most start in Nov and become more frequent as time has progressed.

1 Like

Honestly I think it’s just you actually😂. I only played 3522 because of my friends in the US who found EU servers unplayable… That was well over a year ago though…

1 Like

:laughing: Well I speak on behalf of everyone in the US who are sleeping right now lol

2 Likes

The problems on server 3052 started march last year, I remember very well, and @hugo was sorting it out and seemed to have for a bit, but the problem kept coming back and getting worse, and now well you know, so it started way before PSN update, the problem is over a year old, and for it to still not be fixed is seriously shameful, seriously the game is on a timer for me, if we can’t get on before the weekend my entire clan will quit the game, that’s 5 player’s, I cannot believe how this whole thing has been handled, or how we have been treated by being left in the dark, i am seriously disappointed and disgusted in the incompetence of the development team, of the server provider’s, I’m not blaming community support team as they just have to deal with us, as I have said they have until the weekend then we quit the game for good

3 Likes

Greetings everyone,

We understand the frustration around this issue and we are working on solving it as fast as we can. We are working closely with G-Portal to pinpoint exactly what’s happening with those PvE-C servers as it seems to be only related to the Playstation platform.

We will update you as soon as we have news on the matter.

6 Likes

No need to explain yourself I was just messing around…trying to be lighthearted… we’re all free to do as we please thats what great about this game.

Ok dude… i was joking with a fellow server mate. Dont take things so serious.