Thrall Nerf Logic

So let me guess this straight.
The thralls very rarely help with fights.
Still can’t see their health bars.
Constantly equip and unequip weapons.

And the fix for this is to need them? So when they finally do decide to help, it won’t be much help.

My favorite part of this game is the followers. I enjoy seeing how strong I can get them. This upcoming Nerf will be a huge change for me and I’m not sure I’ll be able to adjust or even want to.

And before anyone says to get good and not rely on thralls to do my work… I have done my fair share of work in this game. Two thousand hours. I’m ready to enjoy the game, not make it a side job. Thralls speed up farming so I can get to the fun side.

1 Like

The bosses were also nerfed down, both damage and health.

Honestly, the only thing this really changed was being able to just set the thrall on a boss, and afk until the boss was dead.

Now, you have to manage the thrall, keep an eye on him, and have healing arrows to hand if he starts taking a huge beating.

Basically, the only change was you can’t play brain-dead bot level with a thrall anymore. My CB and my Dalinsia still make mincemeat out of any non-boss. And 1-skulls go down in less than three minutes, without any threat of dying.

Ten high-level enemies at once? Yeah, you gotta manage that now.

Skele boss with the 2-hander? Yeah, have to keep an eye on and heal that thrall.

2 Likes

I can’t play brain dead bot level? Was that answer meant for me or my thralls? How can you go afk and let a thrall do the work when the thrall is drawing his weapon in and out. Or even better… he just teleports on top of me and I get stuck in his mesh.

Why not fix problems instead of nerfing them. That’s putting a band aid on a gaping wound.

1 Like

Those two things are not related. I’m pretty sure they’re not even done by the same people on the dev team.

“I’m pretty sure” So you are guessing. And thrall bugs are not related to thralls… ok :woozy_face:

Sure, let’s call it an educated guess. It’s based on 20+ years of experience as a software dev in general, and a couple of years working at a different game studio, so I’d say it’s not a bad guess :wink:

Thrall bugs are not related to thrall nerfs. It’s a false dichotomy.

1 Like

I have 40+ Years of the same experience. I say they are related. See how that works.

You could take what I said as an invitation to a pіssing contest. Or you could take it as a way of explaining why I think what I wrote. Whatever works for you.

If you have 40+ years of experience as a software dev and you really think that changing a couple of data tables is something that has to be done instead of fixing AI bugs, i.e. that they’re somehow mutually exclusive, that’s your problem, not mine.

I also find it hilarious that as small as this team is you think they have that many separate teams and even a special team for only thrall nerfs. If they had that many employees this game wouldn’t have had all these problems over the years. Have you ever played Conan Exiles?

And by the way I understand there are people that welcome this change. I was just giving my point of view and my opinion. I know me leaving this game won’t hurt their wallet.

Boasting about your 20+ years of experience then saying you don’t want a ■■■■■■■ contest. Nice!

Well this turned into a ■■■■■■■ contest pretty quickly

5 Likes

No, obviously not. I’ve dedicated my whole life to hanging around forums for games I’ve never played… :man_facepalming:

Did I say it’s a separate team? All I was pointing out was that nerfing thralls is a change that doesn’t preclude fixing AI bugs. You’re the one who said that Funcom thought nerfing thralls is a fix for AI bugs.

Like I said, if you want to take it as a boast, instead of an explanation of why I said what I said, that’s up to you.

And I was replying to it and explaining why things most likely aren’t the way you described them. Your reply was that I was guessing, so I explained what I based my guess on. You’re the one who wants this to be some kind of a confrontation or something.

At this point, I’m reasonably sure I’ve explained my points well enough that we should all be able to understand each other, so there’s no need for me to go on.

Health bars are fixed on PC. Console will have the same whenever PC version is stable and the consoles get a parity patch.

2 Likes

Those two things are not related. I’m pretty sure they’re not even done by the same people on the dev team. - CodeMage

By team I mean a group of people. (Wow I had to explain that)

So first you argue that they are different teams now your argument is you never said they have different teams. Teams as in people. Nice!

What did you think I meant by team? A pack of hyenas?

Maybe to see who could piss farthest, I’ve put my money on CodeMage :crazy_face:

That’s a safe bet.

I didn’t say team! I said people! There is a big difference :triumph: 20 + years of experience!!! Roarrrr!!!

See how far you can piss after that.

I grab me a new Beastmaster thrall, break him on the wheel then take him to the brimstone ponds. I give him good armor and a good weapon, set him for maximum attack range. By the time I finish farming all the brimstone he has killed everything (including the rocknose boss) and he is level 18-19 with 10k+ health. Thralls work well for me…

hahahahahahaha this one cracked me up!!

1 Like

Well sorry for the person who opened this topic but I have to say it

Another useless tread to flood the forum with arguments. This add absolutely nothing to this game, or fixing problems that is in the game.

Sorry I don’t want to hurt anyone feelings.

2 Likes