Thralls Are Still WAY OP - Even For The Hardest Purges!

If it’s that what is important to you: You can transmog armors now. Now your playstyle gets buffed because you don’t have to put on actual light armor anymore. You put on transmogged heavy armor.

You can buff your thralls with elixier/food buffs. 30% bonus damage. Or 120 extra HP if you will…

You can even have 2 “smoking hot RHTS covering your back in sexy light gear” following you. 2x the ass to look at.

Like dude, this is THE patch for you.

7 Likes

thx wak for noticing that, i had the same thoughts. the test is not really that realistic.

7 Likes

That’s not bad news… and I’m glad you specified… It makes things clear. Soon I’ll upload a Nordheimer III powered one tho…

3 Likes

For people wondering exactly which thralls were involved in this conflict here’s a complete list:

15 of these were on the roof and uninvolved however - they’re innocent, don’t blame them!

1 Like

I’ve kinda sorta maybe quite possibly already done this with all my lady thralls…

1 Like

Without Authority:

1 Like

3.5 k hp, mmm, i know it’s without any authority, but yeah well…i guess it’s ok!

That will get melted in pvp. In my opinion thralls should level faster now with that In mind.

This is a dancer so she probably has some low base damage multiplier as well.

You can have your 5-6k HP fighter thralls, no problem. Boost that with authority if you need to rely on AI.

And don’t tell me you need that for base defense. Thralls, even the god tier ones pre 3.0, were easily nuked by gods.

2 Likes

Also, don’t like your thrall’s perks? Use this:

2 Likes

65 Thralls with great gear should be able to defend a base from a purge.

• Getting 55 thralls is quite the effort.
  • Getting 65 isn’t even possible on official servers without a clan .
  • The boss NPCs cannot even be thralled.
  • Farming 65 Coup-de-Grace-Truncheons would require maybe 650 kills of a single boss with a long respawn timer.

If one puts that much effort into base defense, I think it’s not “op” if they manage to defend against a human purge.

Just as a side note:
As they’re all equipped with truncheons, purges with too many non-humans would still have wrecked them.

4 Likes

With 20 Authority:

3 Likes

Then the commanding presence perk might be for you. You heal your thralls by doing damage in battle.

And don’t forget, you can have 2 berserkers or whatever on follow as well!

1 Like

Still be melted but I’m fine with people not running around with thralls don’t get me wrong. All I’m saying is they aren’t really viable when you take into account the time it takes to level them.
Obviously a god will kill thralls but defense is getting worse and worse. Hard to argue that

You can still rebuild spam foundations and build in raiders. :wink:

1 Like

You can also grab everything you own, pull bracelet and tp your body to you. Like I said defense is a thing of the past

Well, just to keep you all entertained before the real(istic) version tomorrow, here’s a naked purge. I changed to all Nordheimer III fighters with no archers other than myself. I leveled some of the Fighter III thralls so there are level 9, level 10, level 15, and level 20 thralls in the mix. I think it was heavier (more attackers than before) than last. Only 2 or 3 of the lower level thralls died but for all of them being butt-naked it’s still kinda proving my point: Thralls are OP.

Just for the record, I’m OK with them being OP - I don’t really care one way or other - but they are OP. It does take some of the challenge away but whatever… Anyway… one naked purge coming up:

Set it to 2X playback speed for a little more fun and less boredom.

Edit

I tried it naked with the original group too and they just totally snuffed all the attackers… No contest at all. Almost one-hit every guy!

2 Likes

The amount of healing you give to thralls from your attacks is pretty much unnoticeable. Or maybe it’s broken and I just can’t tell. All I know is that after I took that perk to try it I thought, 'I really should have just taken the other one."

2 Likes

I don’t understand this test… you have like 20 mix leveled thralls? Up against 20 npcs that have like 400 health. What am I missing? Are you saying a purge should kill all your thralls?

A few hours really…

Just type in a clan name - don’t even need to add players. Add one player for a total of 80.

Yeah, I guess that was a mistake. But you can see the full listing… only a few were bosses I think - and they were weak-arse bosses even at that.

doesn’t matter! those truncheons make terribly lousy melee weapons - like having a dmg 10 level weapon. That’s why I used them. And to see how many named thralls I actually got. It was only 3 BTW.

No, those truncheons kill animals too.

No, you’re mistaken about the level of effort this requires! I can fill 8 of the largest thrall wheels in just a few hours. It’s all about making a plan, sticking to it, and being a little dynamic if things aren’t going perfectly at first. If you have a clan-mate all the easier!

A friend of mine on an official Siptah server showed me how to do it with grace. He wanted to max his three member clan’s thrall limit with ONLY female named thralls. It took him about a week of 4 to 6 hour days and he gave me and two other people all the male named thralls he didn’t want. I had 25 on the ground, one full “Large Chest” (that’s 45 I think) and another about 20+ in another chest. So that’s close to 100 named thralls he gave to just me (one of three people) - in only 5 or 6 days.

Yeah, not that hard. And those are named thralls. All you need to level III dudes - or at least that’s all you needed in 2.8. This is what I’m attempting to find out with these tests… how OP the thrall still are in 3.0 - if at all.