Thralls inconscient binding you and taken a maproom is a great risk

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: EU

If you got a maproom to a obelisk, the cord is bugged and you cant see the thrall, but he is near of you. but if you drops cord (climbing or cords broken or take a hit) then you inconscient thrall vanishes, sometime after relog and go so far (more than half map) and comeback the thralls appears again, but ussually you lose the thrall by this bug.

This post i remember that exists long time ago but after patch all follow same that before. UP!!!

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. you take a inconscient thrall
  2. you take a maproom to a obelisk
  3. you move 10 meters and you drop the cord
  4. now you canot see the thrall.

Shush, you’ll just make them remove the “take thralls through the maproom” functionality ^^

Something I personally am very fond of, since it means I can close down my wheel camps out in the world as long as there is a map room within a reasonable distance of wherever I am.

Incidentally, the last time I did this and then accidentally dropped the thrall, it was indeed invisible, but after a quick relog, it appeared in the spot where I had been standing when I lost it (or very near to it anyway). Might help someone who runs into the same situation.

2 Likes

While I realize you may end up in a dangerous situation, my standard procedure is to drag the thrall to a recognizable landmark, closely noting the position of the body, and making sure the rope is in a relaxed state, not taught. I then equip my weapon, dispatch any enemies and return to the noted position. This has yet to fail for me.

Regarding taking thralls through a maproom, something has changed. Previously the tether ‘stretched’ and the thrall remained at the maproom. Not an issue unless you dropped the rope. The thrall would appear in the wheel when clicked and everything was fine. Over the past few days I noticed the thrall is travelling with me and appears at the end of the tether after landing at the obelisk, a good thing. It makes life simpler.

Good luck !

Regards

jim

1 Like

Hey @Fastorro

This issue was introduced by a recent bug that allowed players to use the map room while dragging an unconscious NPC. We’ve not rushed to patch it since it adds some QoL at the expense of wonky physics, but we’re aware of it.
Shhh @Mikey, you’re making our #nerfhammer glow in anticipation. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Argh, I knew it was too good to be true. Oh well, better make sure not to let any more wheelbases decay then (my Mounds one already went the way of the dodo).

Your merry-go-round was eaten by sailors? Now that must’ve been a weird bug to experience.

Yes, but I know it for a fact, because I had two very trustworthy guards (Syrio Shroomtea and Terry Toadlicker) on duty, and they told me that’s what happened.

1 Like

I prefere to have this QoL feature even if a little bugged (why are you dropping your prey anyway ?) than not to have it :wink:

Even if we actually have an outpost with a wheel of pain in each good location… but yesterday we was purged and the wheel was fulled too quickly so we had to use another outpost wheel using the maproom (8 purge only named thralls AND white dragons and mammoths to fights, I love Cimmerian Beastmasters purge :blue_heart: even if… in the volcano ? Really ? Poor mammoths :smile: )

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.