Thralls Not Decaying After 15 Days

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: North America

Not long ago, when the feeding system was removed, a new mechanic was implemented where orphaned thralls were supposed to decay 15 days after their owner’s last login.

Unfortunately, this mechanic is not working. On 1502, we have experienced many instances of orphaned thralls lingering around for months after their user’s last login. For instance, this player had inherited an extremely prolific clan’s holdings when they retired, and even though he’s been gone for 2 months, their orphans continue to exist, dancing in the air above or clustered around structures built since their departure.

As a result, those of us who care about keeping the server tidy have to spend long hours kiting world bosses just to clean up the mess and prevent the server from bogging down whenever a player enters an area full of defunct pets and thralls.

In otherwords, either the 15-day cleanup method isn’t working at all, or they are being kept alive by the presence of another active clan’s base. Note that all of these orphans should have decayed weeks before the holiday period started, so it’s not that.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Have a player quit the server, never to return. Note their base decay after the grace period runs out.
  2. Build a maproom, base, or whatever in the same spot to replace what public works were lost, or simply because you like the spot.
  3. After another week, notice the orphaned thralls are still there. Do the same after another 2 weeks, and even another month.
  4. Resign yourself to either being haunted, or resort to having to kite world bosses around to do what the decay system didn’t, and hope you don’t incur too much collateral damage.
1 Like

I’m guessing you missed this part:

Hello @Larathiel, thank you for getting in touch!

Can you confirm if there any other members left in that player’s clan?

We’ll register the issue for our developers to look into, as the timers might be somehow refreshed unintentionally through other means.

1 Like

That clan is completely gone. The original clan left all their items to a single player who then disbanded the clan to place everything in their sole ownership. After that, they then made a new clan, but never invited any other players into it. I believe I still remember the clan names, so in case you need it, I’ll DM you that info rather than posting publicly…

Note, that there have been other defunct clans where the same thing occurred, it’s just I can’t recollect any specifics like I can with this player (he and I were friends and built near each other in a couple spots).

It’s all good, sorry if I came across as rude, the lack of GMs/Admins on Officials is something of a sore spot for those of us who play on them. :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.