Thralls/pets deal NO dmg unless you're close and looking

Game mode: [Online]
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [EU]

There’s a whole bunch of bugs, glitches and lag… However the main problem I have, is that my thralls and pets won’t deal damage to stuff outside my vision (or too far away)… yet they all take damage from everything…

I play on an official pvp server…
I place trash pets outside my base to deal with the nearby crocs… so I don’t mind losing these, but It annoys me that one crocodile can kill 7 hyenas and another crocodile given the time, while taking no damage… because of this terrible mechanic(hopefully unintended)…

I really like the game and its concept, but this bug makes it that solo is the only playable server with the purge activated…
If an offline purge were to happen, I would 100% lose all thralls, pets, buildings and so on… due to the enemy dealing damage while my npcs dont…
Whatever you play, you need to babysit your follower all the time… a level 20 sabertooth will lose to a shaleback unless you’re starring at them. Sometimes even then, because I’ve watched my thrall fight some skeletons while I had a bite… (good enough relic hunter with decent gear) once ive eaten whatever it was, I walk over to them curious about whats taking so long, only to see that my thrall is under half health while all enemies got full health… then as I walk close enough to targetlocking them, they all get two to threeshot…

Atm there’s no reason to place followers outside your base… they wont do damage unless a player is right next to them… but they take full damge from everything…

I tried some googling but only saw one other post about this, and that was from may. So I assume that this is only an issue on the ps4… which needs fixing…

Steps on how to reproduce issue:
1.start the game.
2.play the game.
3.break or tame a fighter or archer.
4.place them and wait for an imp or shaleback to kill them.

4 Likes

Really noone else bothered by this gamebreaking bug?

If a developer answer that it’s working as instead and never getting fixed, ill delete the game…

1 Like

Sounds like you should check your followers settings. Set to Attack All. My thralls are attacking properly. Miss part of the purge dead snakes all over plus npc thatwere spawning in house were killed

I’ve noticed this too: my Followers try to attack some NPC but if they are too far away from me (at least more than this NPC aggro range) they obviously do not deal damage, and NPC doesn’t pay attention to them and to me. It’s not game-breaking for me though, just funny. It’s enough to shoot an arrow at this NPC for the real fight to begin so let it be.

3 Likes

I have noticed this too. Many times if your thrall is 30-50m away you can watch it hit the npc for 2hrs and won’t deal any damage unless in your direct vicinity.

Same on all platforms

6 Likes

Damn… thats too bad. I really hoped it was a bug on the ps4…
If it’s on all platforms and ppl don’t really mind, they’re never going to fix it…

Guess I’ll look out for a new game to waste my hours playing… thanks.

1 Like

This is even when NPCs fight each other.
If you see them they fight. Leave them alone and check back later they still fight. :laughing:
They only kill each other when someone is watching :laughing:

5 Likes

@Hugo can you tell us if this intentional or a bug to be fixed. Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Yeah, tested that earlier, the arena champion almost killed my relic hunter, so I sendt him away to heal while getting the boss to fight the skeletons in the other room… like 2 minutes later I went back and continued the fight …

But I find it weird that our thralls and pets take damage even tho no players are close by or watching…
I would be ok if no one took or delt damage or if all did…

3 Likes

I wonder how many replies are needed for some developers to notice :sweat_smile:

Like should I spam angry faces to get up to 20? :joy:

1 Like

Over the weekend I went to my bedroll near witch queen. My horse was on guard a little ways off with a gorilla close. as I walked up gorilla started to attack horse who didn’t move and didn’t seem to take any damage. Came back later same thing.

1 Like

Try the same with a thrall, put it somewhere where enemies are, then go around a corner and wait, your thrall will die, while the enemies are at full health… but if you run far enough for your thrall to tp or the enemy to despawn, then theres no real issue…

:rage:

1 Like

I am hoping that when test live is complete and they release to console this issue will be corrected. At least they are testing longer than they used to.

1 Like

Lets hope so…

1 Like

Hello @TequilaBruh, we’re aware of this issue and it’s being looked into.

4 Likes

Its really a lot u guys are aware off and also a lot being looked into :rofl: Was a long time anything happend after all those replies tho

2 Likes

We do gather further information for issues that have already been reported but haven’t been resolved just yet, which is helpful.

2 Likes

This ain’t only on PS4 but also on PC… lost already 3 thralls like this level 15-20 because some dire wolfs start attacking but thralls do zero damage while i am not nearby… ( sometimes they also do 0 damage just like player , when fighting 3 skull bosses, but then after 4 hits again damage is dealt )

3 Likes

Yes and some of that information people have been waiting a long time for to get fixed. Really long.

1 Like