Tips you didn't know of and could have used?

Make this a round robin of tips that could be added. I’ll do one that makes perfect sense in hind-sight but I didn’t realize.

• Blunt Weapon Fittings decrease the amount of hits needed to knock out Thralls.
11 Likes

You can use tools on corpses to get resources (I hate how long it took me to figure that out :joy:).

11 Likes

Adding to the tip about tools, different tools can harvest different materials from the same creature. So be sure to experiment with different tools when harvesting bodies

Another tip I wish I knew earlier was don’t skip the sickle tool, I knew it would speed up harvesting plants, but I didn’t expect it to be so efficient, it can turn ten minutes of farming into one

10 Likes

Didn’t know that we can put things in the fridge to stop the decay, like pets and potions.

Because you know, I would never put a pet cat in the fridge irl.

Never. :zipper_mouth_face::grimacing:

16 Likes

Hold down the climb button whenever you’re climbing as sometimes your character will come unstuck and potentially fall to their death, holding down the climb button adds extra security :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Placing boundary markers when building close to the ghost fence. Wandered too close a couple of times when I first started playing back in 2018. Not anymore.

9 Likes

Ill keep the tool tips rolling, eldarium/starmetal pickaxe was a game changer, especially for trees. No more worrying about bark, and you carry less tools.

8 Likes

If you want putrid meat faster, don’t stack the flesh you put into the compost heap. 2-3 flesh/stack, it is way faster to have compost especially if you have more than one compost heap.

If you enter the volcano, you can get a free ice tea from the merchant at the oracle actually. You don’t have to have coin to get a purchase successful. I think it is more like a bug than a tip. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

11 Likes

I have a separate preservation box specially for pets! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

If you can get to the Wight’s in the Mounds of the Dead you can chop up their bodies and get insane amounts of putrid meat, hundreds from just 10 of them with a star metal pick! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Helm of the Nemedian will repair your weapon (or main hand tool) while you take damage! You can either wear one yourself the entire time you fight, or have a thrall wear it and switch the weapons back and forth with a thrall and never need to repair your Legendary weapons with a repair kit or even your tools ever again!

11 Likes

… and if PvP is enabled, put the wep or tool in your follower’s hand, and then hit them repeatedly. It’s fun, it’s relaxing, it’s also a way to exact a little vengeance for their slow roll.

Tip: if you recently consumed your temple and a new one won’t place, consider switching to Yog. Its small size will almost always fit the footprint of your old, enclosed one.

10 Likes

Using picks on dead trees in the desert gives far more bark than live trees.

10 Likes

Speaking of undead: there is a skeleton camp near the sinkhole, the skeletons give you multiple skulls/skeleton. It is good if you are farming for decoration and Yog feast!

4 Likes

You can store perishable items in your mount’s inventory – as long as they’re not part of its diet – and they will not decay. Your mount is a mobile fridge :wink:

The best way to get raw ash is to use a cleaver(!) on an obsidian node.

It doesn’t matter if you just saw a meteor land – if one explosive arrow doesn’t crack it, move on and find the next one, because that one is bugged and will not CRACK! :rage:

It’s often cheaper to repair a completely broken non-legendary with the minimal amount of mats followed by a legendary repair kit, rather than using the full amount of mats for repair.

If you want to make alchemical base in Exiled Lands, but don’t like running around and plundering chests (or killing bearers), there’s still a better way to get gold ore than mining obsidian nodes. There are two gold rocknoses in the volcano :slight_smile:

EDIT: The first tip is no longer true. One of the updates fixed that.

13 Likes

Meteors are already pretty rare, but if you’re a solo player, the chances of coming across a meteor shower or fallen meteors becomes astronomical (hah). It’s much easier to put a Wheel of Pain near the Mounds of the Dead and farm level I and II Cimmerian fighter thralls (take their weapons, then break the bond, and finally put the weapons in the Dismantling bench), then it is to find a meteor in Single Player. It’s not elegant, but for most solo players it’s the only way to get starmetal. I wasted hours in the frozen north looking and waiting for meteor showers.

Black Ice and Insulated Wood structures protect against the cold. Reinforced stone and Stonebrick structures protect against heat. I thought the structure made from ice (granted, it’s void ice) would protect against heat, but I was wrong.

Smelting hardened steel and starmetal is not intuitive. A lot of recipes can be figured out by reading the descriptions on items, but these two will take a lot of experimentation (or looking online). Similarly, not every material works at a 1:1 ratio when interacting with a crafting placement. You may need to use a lot of mats to see a result.

6 Likes

I think they actually normalized the insulations across tiers and types no longer exist. If you want to make a Reinforced Stone T3 building in the snow areas, you can, while black ice now works as well in the hot areas. I could be wrong though.

4 Likes

Smelting steel is wasteful. As soon as you can, get a T3 blacksmith (or better) and put it in an improved blacksmith’s bench (or better). Once you have that, you can turn 1 iron bar into 1 iron reinforcement, then 1 iron reinforcement and 1 steelfire into 1 steel reinforcement, and then 1 steel reinforcement into 1 steel bar. You get 5x the amount of steel bars per iron bar compared to smelting. (But it’s sloooooooooooooow.)

11 Likes

Put sandstorm masks on your thralls in PvP, or they can be killed when you’re offline by poisoned orbs and arrows :sob:

3 Likes

Actually there are 3 of them… :wink:
One is just outside the vullcano on the road of the pilgrim, the remaining 2 is inside the vulcano :slight_smile:

1 Like