Tips you didn't know of and could have used?

The game has a fridge? I did not know that!

3 Likes

Speaking of fridges, here’s another tip: keep some of your valuable non-perishable stuff in a fridge, because you never know when a future update will add a decay timer to something that didn’t have it before. Example: anyone who used to keep yellow lotus potions in chests got a nasty surprise one day :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

How to put an elephant in the fridge ? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

A faster way I learned was to equip the weapon or tool and then eat putrid meat. It takes more than one, and if you are careful you can use about ten. Watch your health bar and watch the durability bar under the tool/weapon. One goes up while the other goes down. If your health bar gets too low, drink water to recover, then start over. You can repair the tool/weapon completely in minutes. But you need to be able to hold the tool/weapon in your hand so you have to be sure to not break it completely.

Though most players I have played with don’t have the patience to do this.

5 Likes

:eyes: :eyes:

1 Like

upcoming 2.5

• Potions now expire if placed in a pet or mount inventory, as intended.

noooooooo

11 Likes

Check middle of F13, it’s a small plateau with lots of obsidian nodes and 1 pink eyed rocknose :wink:

2 Likes

“Did someone move all of the Heart of Hero’s somewhere? These two chests used to be packed full of them.” :thinking:

5 Likes

Yeah, that kinda sucks, but not as much as it used to. It used to be the only way to get a Potion of Bestial Memory on Siptah: keep killing those yeti-like guys until you got some potions, put those in your horse, and then later put them in a fridge.

As far as I’ve heard, now you can actually get the Midnight Alchemist feat on Siptah, so I’m not broken-hearted about this change.

Thanks! :smiley:

Yeah, that one was much more painful than the yellow lotus potions. That one hurt. :rage:

To keep the tips going, here’s another one: If you’re a collector/completionist, make sure you never drop any of the Razma’s Journals that you pick up. They only spawn once per character.

7 Likes

I got one though it may be a bug, you can repair a star metal pickaxe with advance repair kit.

3 Likes

You can indeed get the recipe for midnight alchemist

3 Likes

Its buried within all the other items obtainable via schematics sadly. Wak got it through admin spawning on around the 60th full recipe or 300th recipe fragment.

I’d say he was lucky.

2 Likes

I used to wear it and equip my damaged stuff and stand on top of active furnace with cold resist armour on. Repair while you’re having a bite or a smoke :ok_hand:

6 Likes

I don’t think you can do that so much now that all armor has some cold and hot resistances, right?

2 Likes

It did not come easy. You are correct

2 Likes

Unfortunately you’re right it’s not a thing you can do anymore since the temperature system overhaul :sleepy:

1 Like

Let’s keep this to useful tips that work right now! It’d be awesome if the @Community could point this to the devs for updated loading screen tips.

Okay?

1 Like

Whatever tickles ya fancy.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s an excellent explanation of why I’m not going back to Siptah until the server transfer is implemented.

Did you have to ping them? Many of the tips here are likely to make the devs go “oh, no, that won’t do, let’s get rid of that” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Here’s another tip, or rather a warning, for newbies: if you’re dragging an unconscious NPC, it can still be hurt by attacks, including those from your own followers. So if you’re dragging a rare NPC and you have a follower in tow, make sure to set your follower to “attack nothing”.

That’s how I lost a T4 smelter from the Exiles faction (i.e. an extra squishy smelter) – my bodyguard decided to kill a spider and ended up killing my smelter. :expressionless:

4 Likes
  1. That emotes are non-functional. So lying down when you get food poisoning is not going to remedy the ailment. Yes, I actually did this shotly after buying the game at release time.
7 Likes