Trall stops fighting and does nothing

The Title says it all. My T4-Thrall (armed with a two-hand weapon) just stops fighting as soon you put some stuff in his Inventar (she is a bearer, Amzadi, the wanderer). She just run around, holds her sword in her hands and get hit… I googled that and voila, this problem is known since 2017… so Funcom, what you gonna do about it? Or better question, when? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

bearers not fighting your battles when carrying your stuff sounds right to me … they should be crappy fighters else why should we use fighters or archers :slight_smile:

I’m not as familiar with T4 bearers as I could be, because I use an elephant. He cracks me up and I do it for the laughs.

I have heard somewhere that T4 bearers are excellent at defense; offense, not so much.

There is a similar, if not exact discussion here. Your data may help.

Regards

jim

I have T2, T3, and T4 Bearer thralls and all of them are pretty good with mace. Putting anything into their inventory does not affect their fighting abilities. I haven’t tried arm my bearer with a two-handed weapon though… I am on private pvp server btw.

Guys that’s nonsens. If it works, it works just fine, she can wipe out an entire group of fighters alone (9900 HP) with her two-hand sword. But then, all of a sudden, she just stops, starts to pic every bullsh*t from her inventory (including work tools) and just stays there with a cleaver or a pickaxe, doing nothing. You wanna tell me it’s not a bug, is a feature? Sorry, but this is just poorly programmed AI, that’s all it is. Funcom needs to get their sh**t together and get a real QA Team to fix this kind of things. Otherwise they kill this game sooner than later…

1 Like

The real nonsense is that bearers can fight better and carry more and have crazy hp. They should be hard to kill cos they store your stuff but they should not be able to fight better or on par with fighters/archers.

The reason for them not fighting is probably because you gave them some sort of weapon that broke them e.g the tools you mention or orbs. Try adding only mats next time. The AI has hard time deciding which weapon to use when multiple are available.

The ability to adapt is the key to survival.

1 Like

Do you know the armor your thrall was wearing at the time?
Is this behavior easily repeatable?
Does it happen more often when she is mobbed?

This has worked for me when my gal lost it during a Purge. :frowning: Next time it occurs, move her to safety if you have to – then try stripping her armor until she’s naked. If you’re still within aggro, she’ll immediately return to the fight once the fifth piece is off her.

1 Like

How is it “less real nonsense” that archers are worse with a bow?

Now I will agree that FC probably intended the bearers to have more hp to better defend against an attack and did not fully appreciate the changes they made to the balance we all so deeply debate.

@Voodjin the reason for them not fighting is probably:

She still uses the clothes she had, I didn’t put any Armor on her yet.

Well, I would say 2 of 3 times she gets this problem after 2-3 Minutes in the fight.

You can say at the regular basis

I’m not sure if it helps, when I take her standard clothes off, but I’ll try. Nevertheless, it’s not a real “solution” is just adapting to developer’s bullsh*t. Right now I’m sitting here, waiting until my server gets online again, it just died like a half hour ago and I was on my way to my base with a thrall on my rope, I bet he is either dead or will disappear. Although… it’s funcom, so he will be probably both…

Thanks for your replies. If your server went down, your slave will be reset. Hate to be the bearer of bad news.

I’m not trying to offer a solution, I’m trying to keep you from losing your hard-won dudette, and return her to the fight asap. Your feedback that it works or doesn’t helps me collect information that might be helpful in its repair. It’s all good, except for the one on your rope.

1 Like

Yep, dude was gone, didn’t find him again…

Dude, your hint was really helpful! I know now what the problem is! It’s the armor - the chest piece to be exact! As soon I remove it, she starts fighting again! If I put it back on again, she stops. I was able to reproduce it over and over again. Thx for the help!

5 Likes

REALLY?!?! can u please share what armor I need to make sure and not dress my thralls in?

1 Like

Each armor set that has this bug seems to have different pieces that cause it. Chest is a great place to look due to collision. This is the fourth of five reports I’ve seen about Coarse and chest piece. Anecdotal yet, but evidence points me to strongly suggest avoiding Aquilonian Heavy until it is worked out. This one may have multiple pieces that get glitched.

2 Likes

This is a disheartening revelation but TY

1 Like

So am I understanding this properly and if so why can we not be provided with a list of problematic equipment?

When you say collision, I think - The chest piece in this instance actually becomes unattached from the character and is then considered a stand-alone item in the world that the character actually runs into and therefore impeding the combat sequence for the AI

If this is the case, please just warn us

1 Like

That’s a good analysis. I am just another player, and I try to give heads up about things that could cause the greatest cost. Harm to thralls is one of my top priorities. When I find more sets of suspect armor I’ll be sure to post them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was normal bearer armor (standard light armor) chest. The same effect I had with the self crafted derketo dancer outfit (that’s why I assumed it’s just always the chest no matter witch armor type you wear).

1 Like

If we could localize the effect to pieces of armor vs. types of armor, we could come up with a set that would always keep the thrall fighting (as a workaround). In addition, it would help @Barnes collect enough data to share with the devs, and perhaps isolate the cause, if the hypothesis can be proven.

For instance, lack of a chestpiece on standard light armor allows the thrall to remain aggressive. Lack of britches with Lemurian Warrior armor does the same. So, use the Lemurian Warrior chestpiece and the standard light armor britches.

I’m trying to isolate a piece of Lemurian Warrior since I have so much of it (looted at Pagoda) at Sepermeru and can report the results here and/or on the Wiki Discord server.

Current thinking, at least on the boards, had this bug associated with weapons. Thanks for thinking out of the box, Barnes. Let’s see where this goes !

Regards

jim

1 Like

Give them a war hammer then purposely take a hit. Mine stood around doing nothing. I took a hit, then she proceeded to aggressively clear the dregs all on her own, and she was just a T3.

That has worked 100% of the time as long as I don’t get surrounded and stun locked. If you get surrounded and stun locked, they basically stand there laughing at you.

1 Like

Hello, could you please provide the exact steps and details for us to replicate this behavior consistently?

Thanks!

2 Likes