Turning Animations

I sit here trying to imagine how turning animations would look in game. I think it would have a huge positive impact on the Rp community. I also imagine all the combat updates made and how polished the game is becoming, combined with the introduction of the look of footwork in a fight. It would make the pvp that much more immersive, that alone would change the mind of more people on the fence about buying the game but also a possibility to add limiting factors for weapons each getting different footwork.

3 Likes

Please please. This needs to happen, it’s so pervasive and constant it would be such a huge QoL change for the RP community.

3 Likes

Agreed the RP value of this change would make a huge difference in immersion.

2 Likes

Honestly I believe the small addition of the turning animation can have such a massive impact on our immersion much like the falling animations and swimming animations.

3 Likes

I have been wanting a new turning animation for so long so im 100% on board with this suggestion.

1 Like

from multiguns stream write up:

1 Like

Turning animations coming in May confirmed

3 Likes

But yes, all things considered, it would be a good thing to have some turning animations instead of the static heel turn look which makes it really awkward looking when you are chatting to someone.

2 Likes

I believe the horses at the convention demo had turning animations when shifting so it would be great if this could also be worked on for player models <3

2 Likes

As someone from the RP community and is also a partnered content creator I couldn’t agree with this more.

Of all the animations that could have been skimped on, why turning? It is so immersion breaking it hurts. Such a small animation is such a giant QoL improvement, the whole Conan community would benefit from it, not just the RP portion.

So much time has been spent on so many other animations, emotes, DLCs, etc…
Please put a little time and effort into this small animation to improve the QoL on the servers.

1 Like

I’m not angry at you Funcom. We all appreciate the hard-work and dedication you guys have to the game. Sure, we complain about things when they break but only do so because we’re all passionate about your product and want it to do well.

There’s another aspect to this request, many of us do stream the game, almost exclusively. We understand you guys are a small studio and have a lot on your plate and that this request is a bit under the radar but lets be honest - the little things add up over time. Your animation tweaks for the most part have made the game feel less like a game developed by a small studio and more like a huge budgeted title.

Please add this animation and we’ll love you guys more and continue to support you because we appreciate all of the things you’ve listened to us about.

3 Likes

yes please, the more animations the better, the game feels more polished with animations, animation for drink/eat would be nice too. ( and one for deploying explosive jars too).

1 Like

One point Alex raised in the recent stream I hadn’t considered:

Currently, you can turn the camera (and the character) around very quickly. If a realistic turning animation was to be added, this would limit the speed in which our characters could turn on the spot. Immersive or not, I’m not sure we can afford this delay in turning speed in the heat of combat.

Of course, turning animations for animals and monsters such as rhinos and dragons would make them more lumbering and possibly too easy to kite.

I’d love to make the game prettier, but I would also like to keep it enjoyable to play as an action game. Some compromises may be required to achieve this balance.

1 Like

Yeah, we’re not really looking for Witcher III or Red Dead 2 style turning animations, just something to make the character look less like this when they turn:

Ya know what I’m mean?

I want to make my character look more like that.

3 Likes

A compromise that could be possible is allow it to be a feature on the server back end to enable/disable. Keeps the PvE and PvP players happy but also enables RP servers to allow for a more immersive experience. Could also be a ‘hardmode’ style feature if you want a challenge on a server.

1 Like

“We were trapped, the creatures encircled us, they growled and licked their teeth. With our Hyperborean Heelys we maintained a vigilant watch on their every move. Curse the Witch-Men of the frosted lands of Hyperborean, but in this moment, their sorcery was on our side.”
Can we please have some sort of turning animations, I really don’t wanna wear these heelys anymore

2 Likes

We know they can make amazing animations. Adding turning animations is a really good idea.

1 Like

They did adress this in the Q&A stream a few weeks ago. They basically said they will need to take the turning speed of the character and make a few adjustments for the turning animation to be added, but overall thought it would enchance the look/feel of the character so it might happen :blush: Lets hope it comes with riders of hyboria :innocent:

1 Like

Would love to see this happen!

1 Like