Two-Handed Axe - Feedback/Suggestion

I tried the Iron Two-Handed Axe.

I love the idea of the weapon, but the heavy attack is not the greatest. (Spinning around in circles endlessly) Hopefully this is changed up to throw in some other moves.

Suggestion:
I would love to see the Kick replaced with an overhead strike similar to what the two-handed sword does.

2 Likes

Personally I like the spin, if they changed anything about it maybe it could lower and raise the axe swing level. That way some enemies would get swept to the ground and others would take a face blow. I can agree 100% with the kick being replaced with a downward smash of some type. I think that would be sweet.

1 Like

Yep a two handed battle axe badly needs a heavy chop - just spinning attacks is a bit ridiculous

3 Likes

I also think it needs shield smash as well. Have a huge 2 handed axe hard stop when it hits the shield doesn’t fell realistic.

2 Likes

I totally agree. What barbarian would look as if he is missing his ice skating partner as he spins on the ice? Do not get me wrong. A few spins would be good, but there needs to be something else added to that animation.

1 Like

Diablo 2 Barbarian using “Whirlwind”

The only example I can think of.

Not sure if it was intentional but the similarities are actually quite similar.

I would be for this, maybe something similar to a skill used by the Warrior class in Final Fantasy XIV called Storm’s Eye, it’s just two spin slashes followed by an overhead slash. That could easily be the entire heavy combo for the two-handed axe.

3 Likes

Didnt they say in the dev stream, that few spins is working with 1h axe and throwing axe? (Just saw it now, that you wrote that in your last post).

And thats the difference between the 2h axe, where it works as long as you have stamina…

And its inspired from ww Barb from Diablo2 and Diablo3, which many people really liked to play.

1 Like

I agree. I see a lot of high fantasy using these types of crazy spinning attacks.

1 Like

I agree that the 2 Handed Axe needs a heavy chop animation.

What about replacing the 2 handed hammer downward swing --> moving the animation to the 2 handed axe --> then replacing the 2 handed hammer downward swing with an upward swing (and knockback). That would distinguish the hammer from the axe in animation swings (hammer up, axe down).

1 Like

I would love to but unsure how to set up the test. If you could guide me, I am happy to perform it.

I am not really experienced with this combo as you will notice :smiley: If I got it right, I need to use light-heavy-light-heavy until my stamina runs out. The spin2win seems to come to an end before my stamina is depleted:

Can confirm that the same mechanic (left click - right click - left click - right click) is used for the 2h great axe but I can spin2win with it until I run out of stamina.

1 Like

From my brief time using it, i think it was like 5 or 6 spins and it always ended. I never really went full S2W, would switch to spear to finish after a few.

In my opinion, it should only do a spin twice when it does engage in the spinning, and then “twirl” into either an overhead chop, that’d basically go through anything OR have the spin “twirl”(Because I really am lacking a better word for it right now) into an upward strike of some kind…

Reference for the "upward"ish strike I’m thinking of, around 0:23 seconds in… A strike like that, would be awesome in my opinion, and I think it could be fit into an ending for the spin quite well, too.

Edit: Hell, could even be worked in as a knockback thing if my “upward strike” idea was taken. Have anyone hit sent flying a short distance backwards. Admittedly, that’d not make it stand out from the hammer, but still.

1 Like

My main complaint about the 2h axe at this point is how slow it is. It’s cousin, the warhammer, has some pretty quick swings on it. The speed of the 2h axe is lacking comparatively, and thus lacks usefulness. I’ve gone choppy choppy on some NPC’s at the higher level camps and the warhammer way outdoes the 2h axe. The whirlwind should be sped up a bit, and the slashes definitely need to be the same speed as the warhammer. I REALLY want to like this weapon, and I like the animation/combo option as-is so far, save for how slow the weapon is.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.