Two New Types of Skulls to Harvest

I thoroughly enjoy harvesting Weathered Skulls from defeated humans enemies, and they are a mainstay for home decorating for me, as they really fit the barbaric conquerer theme. :smiling_imp: I would however like to request 2 additional types of skulls drop from other hunanoid opponents, who both present as higher level challenges, and offer no other unique loot or items.

Could we possibly have defeated Frost Giants drop a Frost Giant Skull and defeated Serpentmen drop Serpentmen Skulls when harvested?

18 Likes

Iā€™d like some dragon heads too

5 Likes

the undead serpent men can drop their heads when a hatchet or cleaver is usedā€¦ you can then taxidermy it and put it on your wallsā€¦ I just wish it kept its undead eye glowā€¦ would be awesome

2 Likes

Always room for more skulls! Some variation would also be nice, like the ones we can craft from the Darfari skull pole things, to have some more variation in base decorā€¦

:metal::smiling_imp:

3 Likes

True NOGG, however those Skeletal Serpentines have a very different shaped, elongated head and a horn. I was referring more specifically to the proper living Serpentmen found within the Well of Skelos dungeon. A fairly different skull structure. The other thing with the Serpentines is that as a trophy, they can only be placed on vertical surfaces such as walls. I was hoping for regular skulls so that we could place them on horizontal surfaces. For example, in a line either side of my entryway floor, or on table tops. I especially want Frost Giant ones. My character would like to be able to stare into the dark, empty eye sockets of a Frost Giants skull while he eats his breakfast. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Yeah, but itā€™s not the same thing, I want to be able to harvest it from living serpentmen found in volcano like a real bloodthirsty barbarian :snake::hocho::smiling_imp::skull:

4 Likes

We do have Dragon heads which we can turn into trophies. However, I think you were referring to Dragon Skulls more specifically? If so a Dragons skull would be AWESOME!

One potential issue would be that living Dragons drop heads, and they may or may not be able to give both. Howeverā€¦a potential solution already exists. We could have the Undead Dragons in the Arena and the Warmakers Sanctuary drop Dragon Skulls instead, it would make good sense.

6 Likes

They should fix that abysmal drop rate on Weathered Skulls too, I can slaughter an entire NPC camp many times over and not even get so much as one from them.

Also, why exactly does the cleaver seemingly have the best drop rate for skulls/heads lately? If anything, it should have the second lowest drop rate only above the skinning knife, it would be much easier and faster to remove a head with a hatchet, if youā€™re talking realistically, since cleavers are designed to cut meat, not bone.

3 Likes

You get a ton of skulls from the Silent Legion skeletons last I tried

1 Like

Hah! I love the way you think Born2bAlive! Even better if I could raise their freshly severed skull into the air and bellow like a madman.

3 Likes

An irl cleaver used by a butcher or cook is designed to cut bones and big chunk of meat.

2 Likes

Any kind of other additional humanoid skulls would be welcome a one. A Deep One or Half Child of Dagonā€™s skulls would also suffice. A bunch of different skulls on display (think Predator 2) would definately be acceptable. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

You knowā€¦ I still wonder why we canā€™t make furniture out of bonesā€¦ Tables, Chairs, a bed with a rib cage headboard, a throne made entirely of skulls that we can sit onā€¦ (Actually Now that I think of it, a giants skull probably would be large enough to be used as a stool right? Or would it be too big?)

4 Likes

I need a throne made of a dragonā€™s skull.

2 Likes

Im a little shocked to see this thread return to life, I thought it would have automatically closed long ago. I dont mind the idea of a Dragon Throne, or for that matter a craftable version of the Witch Queens throne. Perhaps a new Library of Esoteric Artifacts recipe for crafting additional throne variants.

4 Likes

Yeah, Firespark did a mod vid with some other thrones that look like gnarled tombstones. We need some more cool stuff to decorate what my kids call ā€œevil minecraftā€.

1 Like

If by cool stuff and evil minecraft you happen to mean more brutality then I am 100% onboard. In fact I have long been one of the forums most vocal supporters for more brutality in Conan Exiles. The game is set it the Conan universe, a time unparalleled savagery and barbarism. It should feel dark, cruel and devoid of humanity. And where more so than the unforgiving and desperate Exiled Lands. Here are some improvements to our household decore which I previously suggested which you may find to your tastes:

I want thralls chained to boulders and in manacles and collars, placeable torture devices such as the throne of agony & iron maiden we can place them in, crosses to place them on, taskmasters to whip slaves on the wheel of pain, human hide rugs, cups made out of our enemies skulls, placeable hearts, furniture made from blackened bones, rows of fresh severed heads on spikes, a Dafari on a rotissery, black fountains which spray blood. I could go on and on with so many joyous possiblities. I love it. :smiling_imp: :metal:

2 Likes

OMG a kindred spirit! Yes yes yes to all those suggestions!

1 Like

Hahah, the pleasure is all mine DelRioServerMaster! I have been using every opportunity to speak out for more brutality whenever the subject arises. Although as a fellow like minded soul I brace you for the following news. Trying to drum up support for more brutality is very hard sell here on the forum. We just never seem to get much in the way of support or likes, usually only managing around 5-6 at best. I tell you it frustrates me to no end.

1 Like

Hyena, wolf, elk, bear, shellback, gorilla, mammoth, and shoebill skulls just to place around in homes like weathered skulls and decorative skulls. Maybe just skeletal forms in the taxidermy feats. I like the idea as well lets see it happen funcom.

1 Like