Unable to repair foundations after purge

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: US

Purge spawned, started attacking outside walls. The walls are foundations approx 3 deep and 3 up with fence foundations between the foundations (none overlapping each other). Purge NPCs hit foundations all the way on the other side of the wall. Currently unable to repair the underlying foundations without tearing down the base.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Build a 3 foundation wide wall
  2. Have purge attack said wall
  3. Unable to repair inner foundation wall.

Suggestion: Add a repair station to the game which while having materials in it will VERY slowly repair structures around it using said mats. Or increase repair hammer range to hit 1-2 adjacent pieces.

Also fix Purge NPCs hitting through walls.

3 Likes

yep and it hurts to see all these hammers blinking when you equip your hammer without being able to repair them

2 Likes

Hello @Shinrai, thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

This post is more of a suggestion than a bug report since not being able to repair inaccessible building pieces is in fact a behavior that’s expected within the game’s mechanics, so it has been moved to the suggestion boards.

Nevertheless, we’ll be registering your concern for the developers to consider.

@Hugo, No purge Thralls hitting through 3 layers of foundation was the bug report. That and random pieces of my base taking 1-15 damage when nothing could possibly hit it (being 10 stories up on an outside wall).

The suggestion part was an easy fix for the issues.

Are these T3 fences by any chance? Because anti-climb fences take damage whenever they deal damage, even if it’s to you the owner.

That’s good to know, but no they are walls or foundations mostly that end up needing repairs. I even went into single player to mock something up to see if it worked and as I’m building it I find a spot that wouldn’t snap a piece so I pulled out a repair hammer and a roof piece needed repair for no reason. Keep in mind this is all within 20-30 minutes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.