Unexplained Erroneous death while logged out

Game mode: Online Official
Type of issue: lost items / dead for no reason upon logging in
Server type: PVE
Region: East Coast USA

This seems like a weird place to do this. I would think it much more appropriate to email support about this directly than post on the forms but when I tried to find a support email it sent me here so here we go.

To support:

I have a character called Rasono on the Official server #1502 PVE - g-portal . us Revision (#139474/21313) I just logged on to wake up naked next to my bed with all my stuff gone as if I had just died. I had logged out inside my base completely walled in. I’m on a PvE server so no player could have done anything to me, my purge meter is very low right now so it wasn’t that either. When I logged on I didn’t get any message saying you were killed by X. I was just naked next to my bed with all my stuff gone for seemly no reason just a random unexplained death while I was logged out that cost me an incredible amount of wealth, tons of legendary armor, tools and weapons, mats, repair kits a truly devasting loss got through many hours of gameplay.

Since this death seems to be completely erroneous I’m wondering if there is any way for my items to be restored. I realize this may not be possible but given the sheer magnitude of this loss, I felt compelled to ask. I don’t know if there is a system in place for this like in other games like Wow you can have your items restored that were lost through some sort of error. I can provide screenshots of the lost items decaying in their loot bags in the event log as authentication of my claims.

If there is any way you can help me out in this regard I would be incredibly grateful, If not I understand.
At the very least Is there any way for someone in support to look at the server and find the reason for my death? I am very curious and could not find a death record in the event log. If for some crazy reason my death was due to an intended game function I should very much like to know how I died so I can avoid such a disaster in the future.

Thank you very much for your time and I wish you all the best.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

Are you sure that your character has not died from hunger / thirst / heat / cold? When you are offline, these effects are still valid, although weaker (depending on the server. I usually put a 0.01 coefficient). How much time have you been offline?

huh really? I mean i was offline for several hours but i’ve been off line for days in row with out such an issue

long story short, it sucks to lose stuff like this but you wont get it back. funcom does not offer such support. you have 2 options: learn to drop all your stuff in a chest before logging out or move to a private server with active admins who can offer the support you are seeking for. 3rd is also available, call it a day and keep doing what you are doing but the odds are that it may happen again.

you have likely died to heat/cold or on server restart.

edit: as for the reference to wow, i guess there is no need to explain why there is no point in comparing apples and oranges. wow is a subscription based MMO.

1 Like

The reasons may vary depending on biome or simply a bug… so lets say that either may happen… temperature is ur no 1 enemy… u were on temperature high or low biome? Any case u had any furnaces under ur bed working?(they can raise temperature even several floors up or down… any frostbite or anything?
The solution to this is to get used to log out with ALL ur inventory (equipped and not) in a chest… even if u log out in a temporary position for a while, craft a small shelter 4x4 sanstone should be ok for a couple of hours… and place ur stuff in an artisan table (yes it is cheaper to craft and has more space than the small chest…)

Check the event log in the pause menu. It should tell you what happened, hopefully.

Hello @Rasono , welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately we’re unable to offer any assistance with the restoration of items.
Even in PvE servers, death may still occur while offline due to NPCs or temperature.

As others have suggested, depositing all your inventory in a chest when playing online should help prevent any possible loss of items should something happen to your character while you’re offline.

1 Like

yeah I figured getting my items restored was a longshot at best, but you miss every shot you don’t take as they say so I had to ask. As for temp killing me, it seems odd that this would happen given I have been logging in the same place under the same conditions for several weeks now and this is the first time this happened to me. I didn’t know you could die in a server restart as Narelle mentioned, is that true? What a terrifying bug.

Ah well Whatever the case I guess I shall have to take the box suggestion to heart and start doing that.
Thank you all for the input and advice, i wish everyone all the best.

3 Likes

It might be a bug, though I have only experienced this once, and it didn’t actually kill me… but…

One night I logged off in my base. Max shelter. Hunger/thirst at 100.
I logged in the next morning, roughly 12 hours later, and my thirst was down to 50.

Odd. If I had logged off a full 24 hours would I have died of thirst? It almost seemed like, although I logged off, the server keep me semi-online and my thirst meter kept going down.

I store all my gear in chests before I log off now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.