Unknown build limit?

Gotta be more than that. We got 3D to contend with.

most of the time my clan starts to win or hold are own against private “alpha”. We usually stayed to ourselves, then when poked went full war within the server rules. We were 9nce banned because we got 8nto verbal spat 9n discord. The OG clan had pretty muched controlled server. And then an official type crew came in, and they cried about being raided for the full raid time, again AFTER they wipes our sandstone starter base. So maybe I am biased because I like to play the game within whatever rules, and hate when a “bully” can’t take thier medicine

Sounds familiar, now where did I see rules like that…

1 Like

Ok…nice meme? I guess? Sort of on topic, but not all the way.

Rules like ‘you break the rules, we nuke your base’ just kind of reminded me of it. :sunglasses:

Post Weimar Germany?

I often wonder if this is Funcom’s intention - for bases to be easy to raid. It certainly sometimes feels like it. Perhaps they want the raid aspect of the game to be more aggressive and fast-moving, and less about defending your stuff via turtling up in a giant base. As a solo player, I gotta say I wouldn’t mind that.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say that the intention was for bases to be “easy” to raid. But I doubt the intention was for walls to require orbital bombardment to get through.

do walls require an orbital bombardment though… Assuming you’re talking about fence stacked walls. Why are you trying to bomb through fence foundation stacking instead of the door stack itself?
Doors take 5 bombs each or 25 explosive/25 poison. And if you are trying to raid someone with door stacking you should be having people spam poison/explosive combo and people placing bombs at the same time.

Or better yet just farm a mitra god and summon it as close to their base as possible and gg base wiped.

I don’t understand this community raiding bases isn’t difficult at all. Cave bases are weak because of how easy doors are destroyed. The removal of fence stacking is going to make those bases even weaker. It’s already better to live in a base in the sky with 50 layers of anti climb. 70k hp on anti climb and they have to break all of them compared to doors with 25k :joy:

Devs need to play their game on official pvp for once and see how easy it is to raid and make changes based on that instead of reading clueless forum posts from people who struggle at easy raiding mechanics.

Edit: I would pay a lot of money to see the devs form a clan on an official pvp server and actually play their own game. I want to see what kind of bases they build and how many doors they add, what armour and weapons they use, what stat builds they use to pvp… im soo curious.

Indeed, looks like devs should play more on official PVP servers, just to see all the ways people are exploiting the features they implemented.

I mean, “a base in the sky with 50 layers of anti climb”? Seriously?

If that’s how you guys play, they need to burn official PVP down to the ground.

so you’re saying it’s an exploit to climb to the highest point the game will let you build and make a base there and add as many layers of anti climb as you want. haha! huge exploit that is

Well, that’s a first. Usually when people say “a base in the sky”, they mean something along these lines:

In general, I’ve never heard anyone use “in the sky” when they wanted to say “on top of a mountain”.

no. im talking about say climbing to the highest point in the volcano. building foundations off the mountain and adding endless layers of anti climb. I mean who knows in 1 month that’ll be an exploit at the rate this games going.

still a sky base because you’re basically in the sky box of the game but u can just build off the mountains especially if you go to the highest point in the game.

That sounds quite tame, compared to a lot of other stuff I’ve seen posted on these forums.

Honestly, the way it’s going, it wouldn’t surprise me. I’m just waiting to see what they’re taking away next.

It’s not fun to live in those bases either nor build them and since stacking is being removed … guess what im building next yay…

Look, from my pov it’s not that raiding bases is too hard or too easy. It’s boring! Grindy and disheartening. First you have to get the materials, then you have to blast through doors/anticlimb/foundations (pick your poison) FOREVER. It’s not as boring if you’re in a big clan and you each have one job, but not everyone is, or should have to be, in a big clan to play. Also why should people have to use the entire raid time just to get into one base? I wanna be a barbarian! Not stand there for six hours switching between bows while I slowly demolish door after door after door 75 times.

Anyway that’s beside the point, I just wanted to get across another perspective here. I suspect the devs were a bit naive when they built the game initially. Like me when I started playing, they were maybe imagining people building simple castles and just constantly raiding one another, blowing holes every day so that the game was an exciting one of people running to the breaches in their cool barbarian castles and fighting. They obviously didn’t anticipate people building redonkulous cubes tens or hundreds of layers thick, and whole clans spending 8 hours a day farming raiding materials to breach them. They should have, but they didn’t, and now this is what we’ve got. I can be forgiven for naivety, but I think the devs should have foreseen that people want to win real bad, and will gravitate towards the most effective way to do this. Which in this case means turtling up in layer cakes and offline raiding people. Because those strategies carry the least risk.

You know what else though? They’re BORING. That’s what they need to fix, not adjust each effective method as it emerges. They need to change up the whole thing so it’s not boring.

100% this.

I suggested the same just a few days ago! I think @Funcom should require ALL employees to play one day a week (paid), then organize and stream (e-sports style) some clan wars and so on. Not only would it be great marketing, but then the devs and designers would know enough to tune things UP intelligently and not just implement the lowest common denominator bandaids like they seem to be doing now.

Deaf ears?

I’ll chip in at least $100 to see that.