Vertical Elevator Question

First off if it moves Horizontal then it isn’t an elevator. However that is not what I wish to know. How many pillar lengths does an elevator go? Anyone know the exact number?

2 Likes

I read somewhere it’s 100 foundation blocks, but that was in EA and I don’t think it still applies.

Personally I have only ever managed something like 30-40 I don’t remember the exact number. sorry.

1 Like

So far the number I’ve seen has been “high enough for my purposes”, which has been pretty high in some places. Probably similar to droch-aon’s 30 to 40 blocks high.

1 Like

Sorry i don’t really know, but i believe that the same limit exists to the vertical too. However if you want to learn the limit fast, you can always go creative solo and test it.

Well i’ve test it. 34 is the number. Now if your first foundation is the number 0, that means 33 more.

2 Likes

Isn’t it an aerial lift? “Lift” being brit for “elevator” seems to be acceptable…

Thanks for the experiment. This means that if you need a taller tower, you need to put platforms for switching elevators every 34 “floors”.

1 Like

Yes, i remember once in a private server we build on the top of a tower near the big lake to the north. Not the one is close to Lian, to the opposite side of the lake, under the bat caves. Starting from the bottom you need all most 50 foundations to go up there. And since it was a 6 member clan i had to fix at least 2 elevators. So when i find out that the elevator could not be placed, omg. Imagine that i build around with black ice foundations, pvp, and i had to break at least 20 floors and double the thickness to make it work :sob::sob::sob::sob:. I can say that i learnd the hard way :joy:. Thank god the material cost on this server was cheap.

Thank you all for the numbers. The cliff I was building on turned out to be 38 pillars tall. Kind of a kick in the nads to have it fall that short but what ever.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.