Very High Ping Rate on Official Servers

We play on PC, and we have been having problem logging in to the official servers. Pings are always really high and we have to completely shut down the program and re-open several times just to get a low enough ping to log in. The refresh button does not show up because the system is constantly loading. Anyone else have this issue? We have a strong internet so we are not sure what to do.

2 Likes

You could try direct connect if you know your server IP. You could also try favoriting your server, then next time you go to the server selection, choose the drop-down box to filter by favorites. That’s what I do.

True, 1977 server South-American they keep kicking it,
ping 9999 for hours, 12/July/2020 from 21h to 22h BR Time,

people was saying there was some guys duplicating items,
and that causes masskicks and masslags,

maybe staff should look better into this…

ping

I do have it marked as a favorite but sometimes it does not show up in my fav. I never get the refresh button any more either so I cant refresh. Not sure how to find the direct connect for this official server. How do you find that?

Since the last patch it has been this way. No other game I play online has spiked in ping. So it leaves me questioning any commitment to quality play this company has.

Been garbage service since the last patch.

I love the game, and it just sucks to have to completely exit the game and log in multiple times just to be able to get in.

I found mine by searching Top Conan Servers website

Does not show official servers.
Mrs Jones has been locked out of her official server since the day of the nasty patch. Ping remains 145-155

1 Like

Strange. It used to. It’s how I found the IP:port to direct connect to the testlive server.

Originally my server ping rate would be around 21 and now averages between 91 and 101. During the game there are frequent ‘waiting for data’ messages.

I am lucky, my connection speed is high. Several of my players have abandoned the game because they do not have high speed lines and, since ‘The Update’ kept getting disconnected or just could not get into the game (frequent ‘fatal errors’ and timeouts).

From an I.T. perspective, I am guessing that the Funcom servers that handle the Funcom ID part are not as pervasive or fast as Steam’s (all other games I play via Steam are still around the 21-ping rate). I have always had players attaching from the UK, EU and Africa. Africa players have dropped off completely as their connections have always been slow. The US has a better ping rate than I do. In the heart of the UK, the ping rate is at least doubled.

PS: I do wonder at the ‘waiting for data’ messages in-game. Perhaps they have always been there, but never showed back when line speeds were fast? I cannot imagine there’s any reason for logging or tracking data so it must be just a cycling check for an internet connection? Who knows.

A guess, but it makes sense that if the ping issue is not resolved whilst just dealing with the Steam load, there is no way that additional platforms like Epic, etc. could practically join or consistently play?

Update, we added speed tot he net, from 75 mops to 100mops, or some such numbers…

What did we get for the upgrade. Not only can Mrs Jones NOT get into the official server, now neither can I.

I’m having the same problems. I have an excellent connection, and before I took my break in September of last year, I don’t remember ever having trouble with lag on official servers. Now it is a daily occurrence. I have to completely exit the program, sometimes over and over, to get a ping below 140. And, even when I get in, the lag spikes are horrendous.

2 Likes

Agreed. I have NEVER had issues with my connection, but now in game the server ping flux is crazy.

I’m having the same problem, I can’t join my clan for raids and counter raids.

Is this issue confined to official servers?

I have had pings anywhere from 150-200+. I did figure out if you load the page sorted for Officials only and just wait. Once all of the official servers are loaded, the Refresh button will appear and then just refresh. Figured that out last night.

I believe so, we have our own private server and don’t have that problem.

About 3 weeks since the patch messed the rates up and they still have not fixed it or said anything about it. It 's like if we ignore it it does not exist is the operating model on this issue.

Thank you! I rented a server, problem solved.

Something interesting, though. My private server lists its ping as 150+. Not an issue because I don’t set a max ping. But, although the server list shows a fairly high ping, the server responds with a much lower delay. (I tested it with a second account, actions display on the second account’s screen almost instantly.)

Not sure what that means.

I’ve has the issue too, limited play time here, so if I can’t log in to prevent everything from decaying I won’t be back. Sucks because I took a break for a while, came back for the new map, now may not even see it.