Watermark in lower right corner of the screen

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: -
Region: EU

There is a constant watermark in the lower right corner of the screen saying “exiles-live-egsb Fls+Steam 229506_25568 T”

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Start the game
  2. Load a savegame
  3. Look at the bottom right
2 Likes

The watermark signifies you are in testlive, not the live version.

Regards

jim

2 Likes

I just finished downloading the update and am confirming this. Steam Library shows me to be running the unaltered live client. Steam options report that I am not subscribed to the optional beta. The beta tag also appears for me. Same revision number as the OP. After applying Update 41, the server listing has been populated, but it was not populated prior to the update. Full screencap added to show live servers with beta tag client.
steam_3

update41_1

For the sake of clarity, the update referenced here is most likely what updated for me. It may or may not be related.

2 Likes

same here shows on 2 RP servers i play on

Well that’s the issue though. Folks are seeing the watermark who are in the live version and not in testlive, myself included.

Note that this is after the 2GB hotfix to live that allowed the Server Browser to start functioning.

2 Likes

Except I do not have, neither ever had the testlive client :wink:

1 Like

Confirming this is an active issue on the main game client

I may have worded that wrong, apologies.

The watermark is normally only shown in testlive. This appears to be a bug, understandable since they had quite a bit more on their plate, but still a bug.

Better?

Regards

jim

4 Likes

Lmfao. Yeah. The problem is just that nobody experiencing this issue downloaded the testlive client, or expected to be running that build :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean, I have and I’ve switched back and forth between them so often lately that I have started to forget which character is which, or even which client I’m running. If I’m honest, I was a bit relieved to see this thread because it cleared up some of my confusion.

1 Like

Joke: something you say to lighten the mood and elicit laughts.

:smiley: carry on

1 Like

Did I really create an account for the sole purpose of posting in this thread?
Yes I did, thats how much the watermark bugs me.

It shouldn’t, I know it shouldn’t annoy me as much as it does, its just a small bit of text… but I really really really really really… really hate it. Please make it go, :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It bugs me also, since it hides the crafting progress bar when hand crafting. Annoying! Not game breaking, but -so- annoying. :smiley:

Well in all fairness, a fix for this issue should literally take less than 5 seconds. If it’s not simply changing a bool or whatever, they seriously messed up how they implemented that :wink:
I don’t mean actually releasing the fix, don’t worry. I mean just including it in the next hotfix.

Still no update on this issue from anyone?

They probably argue it still plays like a buggy test version of a client, so might as well look like one…

1 Like
2 Likes

There is a fairly easy way to remove it by editing one text file and one line in it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.