We need more racial diversity in isle of sipath

more vendhayans, kambujans, yamatai please

6 Likes

Are you speaking in terms of character creation or NPCs?

1 Like

I believe npcs. And our eastern friends are totally right, it is not fair. Since the lore has these races we should have camps of these races. I totally support the idea since @Sera67 brought it for the first time here, I believeā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™d have to agree. I also want to mention I find it odd that so many NPCā€™s look exactly alike. 2nd addition, why do no male NPCā€™s have beards? :thinking:

5 Likes

@F4suri, excuse my off topic chat here,
My friend @Tystin, this is something that we have discussed a lot too here. Ofcurce body hair is something very logical but I believe that it would made things moreā€¦ difficult, I guess. For now I believe the priorities are different, one day we may have this too, that I totally agree, it would be awesome. If however I had to choose priorities between eastern races and facial & body hair, I would definitely choose the eastern races first.

1 Like

Hmm ā€¦ from where in the West Sea, near the West Coast of Stygia, are the Far East peoples camps? Where is the logic?

2 Likes

If our precious @Oduda honor us with her presence here you will get all the answers you need. I am not so good with the lore, but from conversations and posts I read here I gained some knowledge. I wish you the same :+1:t6:

What exactly were you asking about? The topic seems to be asking for more inclusion of races which are not being represented in game and I would LOVE to see some Vendayan and Kambujan representation (beyond the on Kambujan armor we have which is really awesome).

4 Likes

I disagree. Sipta is different from the exiled lands. People get there via boats as apposed to banishment. Given itā€™s geographical location it is very unlikely that people from the far east or far north would be on the island. Discounting you using a rift to pull them there.

2 Likes

I think what @Teng was asking (and what @stelagel hoped you might have some suggestions for) is how the Far Eastern races would reach the Isle of Siptah (or the Exiled Lands - but thatā€™s more complicated since we donā€™t know exactly where they are). Given that IoS is essentially off the west coast of what will become Africa, I can see where the question comes from, but Iā€™m not sure if it has to be an issue. Obviously Conan travelled to all these places and, while he is unusual, that at least proves it is possible for someone to journey in either direction. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but I think I remember a Khitan merchant in one of the stories who might have travelled quite far west (though that could as easily be from an non REH story - Iā€™m a little hazy sometimes). Whatever the case, I think the question being asked of you was essentially ā€˜how plausible would it be for camps of these racial groups to have wound up on IoS/EL?ā€™

4 Likes

Myself and other members have pointed this issue out a number of times over the last couple of years. Community Managers have replied to the threads and relayed the information to the devs, but no fix has come through as of yet. As a full bearded guy myself, hopefully one day in the future.

4 Likes

I totally agree. Is there a way to implement these races in Siptah? Which one from these races were sailors for example?
I believe after that, landing in Siptah would be logical. Christopher C. was looking for India and landed in US. Sailing in this period of time was a great risk.

2 Likes

Sorry, Iā€™ve been really sick the last few days so I guess I just missed that part. We actually do know pretty much where they all are as Vendeya is essentially modern day India and Kambuja is the equivalent of the old Khmer Empire which has shrunken enormously and is now modern day Cambodia. (The Khmer empire was also refereed to as Kambuja).

So, as you can see from the map below if you sailed from Kambuja you would cross Vendya before rounding the southern part of what would become Africa though it is not as large of a landmass as it will become in our time, and as you travel up the coast the Isle of Sipta is actually on the map as well (though they list it as Sipthaā€™s Isle). Since, as pointed out, travel by ship is how most people are marooned here, this is still feasible.

6 Likes

Hope you get feeling well soon.

2 Likes

Hmm this looks like mix of africa asia and madagascar as lemuria xD

1 Like

Oh wow you werenā€™t kidding!

2 Likes

If you look at the map Lemuria is off the coast of Asia. Which, during the Hyborian Age it SHOULDNā€™T be as it sank in the great cataclysm which ended the Thurian age and brought about the raise of the Hyborian Age. But if you read the Hyborian Age essay, Robert E. Howard does place Lemuria off the coast of Asia roughly in the region where that map shows it, it would just no longer be above the water. I have seen maps draw of the Hyborian age that not only show Lemuria but also Mu which also sunk save for the peaks of itā€™s mountain tops which became islands so different artist do tend to take liberties. Now, in the real world mythology of Lemuria (a place that never existed) it would be in the Indian Ocean between the African continent and the Indian sub-continent probably not far off from Madagascar. However the real wold mythological Lemuria is not the same as the Thurian Age Lemuria. Robert E. Howard just used the name for the most part.

5 Likes

Thanks my dear @Oduda, wishes for fast recovery. Happy Christmas to you and all your beloved ones.
My friend @Teng, if you have questions I believe this extraordinary member can cover you, I just canā€™t, I am useless in lore.

3 Likes

I do not have any questions. I just thought it was a strange idea to arrange a complete world international in one small area. Š•xcept perhaps to look at exotic costumes?

1 Like

Eye roll followed by a huge politically incorrect sigh