We really need an Agent Fatigue Meter Indicator

Joy. I finally have three agents after grinding out hundreds of missions between 6 characters…only to have all three of them become fatigued after their SUCCESSFUL missions, all simultaneously I might add.

Super happy that for the next 9 hours (read: until I log in tomorrow) I can’t participate in this “awesome” new mini-game.

/sarcasm

(No. I refuse to spend my entire day’s worth of MoF to recover ONE of my agents. The price of clothes and upgrades are already ridiculous, I’m not going to bother forking over any more real cash for playing the game the way it’s meant to be played. I already am a Patron. I’ve bought Aurum. No more. This entire thing is tedious and stupid. I’m probably not even going to bother with the agents anymore.)

Edit: My husband’s ONE agent is also on fatigue. He said it was a shame because he kind of enjoyed sending the agent out on missions. Now he said he’s not really going to bother either, which is disappointing.

3 Likes

I think we really need to do away with agent fatigue entirely. I’m not sure I see the point of it. I can understand a punishment for failing a mission maybe, but 8 hours where I can’t use an agent? Nope. At the most, going back to the idea of a meter, I think that could be ok, if an agent could be re-energized by just taking them out of the rotation for a bit when they start to get tired. For that matter, they should basically always be at rest from the end of their last mission until I need them again. So basically if I send an agent on an 8 hour mission and then go to bed, that agent should complete it and then get some shut-eye himself while I’m at work. When I’m home and ready, he should be too. (and any indication that I’m using my agents as sex slaves is completely unintentional. I swear!)

3 Likes

This seems to be the case.

Same thing here today. Annoyed beyond! It’s stupid in conception and worse as their is no indicator! Successful mission well need to sleep for 10 hours!!! If you were taking a chance on a low rate of success, you already have the chance of failure. Maybe a ‘short’ incapacitated state. But getting penalized for successful missions?

Interesting system but definitely needs some tweaking.

I think that the costs of fatigue are too high. Because I had to pay 17,000 times for one of my characters for 2 agents the favor. I think that, considering a level 15-20 character, it’s extremely expensive. Because, if you really do make all the challenges as an F2P player, you only get 10,000.
Even at level 50 that’s too much. If you then there maybe 2-3 agents who want to free them.

Honestly, the basic Agent that we all got should ALWAYS be free to revive just so people can at least have a token chance of doing SOMETHING with the system if they only have a few agents.

2 Likes

Honestly this hasn’t been my experience at all. I’ve played games where players are eager as hell to throw money at a game, if its worth it. If the system in question makes the game fun, if the mechanics don’t completely crush the spirit of the player and make them wonder why they even bother.

This though is completely accurate, aggressively so. They ramp up the costs of basically everything to just over the breaking point. Their intent seems to be in making the prices of basically everything as high as possible to gain the most out of those players who make a mad dash at being the first to acheive something.

There seems to be little desire to make things worth repeat purchases or to encourage the more casual player to spend occasionally.

Again, not speaking for everyone, that’s just my own observations.

These are not actually opposing interests, nor are they even properly stated. FunCom wants to make money, yes, but it is conceivable that ‘the most money possible’ is not their overriding concern.

Players want to play, and many players do not mind sending a certain amount of $$ FunCom’s way, or spending a certain amount of Aurum or MoF they have acquired from normal play.

However giving out 1 agent, then having an invisible ‘fatigue’ mechanic that essentially takes that agent out of play at random without warning, for a length of time that for most players equates to ‘come back tomorrow’, and charging pretty much your entire Dailies budget of MoF to allow the agent to reset… isn’t achieving anything good for the player, the system, or FunCom.

As has been pointed out many times, it is better for FunCom to set resource costs at levels that more people see as reasonable to pay more often, than to set them at levels which mean ‘a few whales will pay this a few times’.

2 Likes