What about Hops seeds?

Game mode: [Online official & Single-player]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PvP | PvE-Conflict | PvE]
Region: [EU]

Hops seeds are extremely hard to get. There are hops bushes but they give ordinary seeds and a VERY small amount of their own seeds. I noticed that when I was playing on off-server and wanted to decorate my base with something green. You get a full stack of hops and maybe 1 hops seed maybe no at all but more than 10 ordinary seeds. It would be not such a problem if ordinary seeds grew into nice green ferns and not into some weird grey bushes, but now I want decorative hops!

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Go to Highlands.
  2. Find Hops anywhere.
  3. Gather Hops, get lots of it, some plant fiber, some ordinary seeds but not a single Hops seed.
1 Like

This matches my experience as well, though I’m not sure if it’s necessarily a problem: Hops seeds are obtainable, even if it’s a bit of a grind. It’s odd to get generic seeds though, no question.

I played in a server that had a mod that somewhat solved this. You would get seeds when eating berries for instance. I can’t remember which was it, but it did make planting and gardening much more reasonable to get into.

Emberlight gives you seeds when you eat or squish berries

1 Like

Yes, I think that is the one, thank you!. Truth is seeds are scarce, at least hops ones, normal ones are easy, but with the rest you need to be lucky. I am not sure but I find I get more seeds by harvesting plants manually, with no tool in hand, rather than with a sickle. Can anyone confirm this? Devs?

1 Like

Yes, other plants give a bit less seeds then regular “plant fiber” plants, but not that less. And it seems to me that another plants do not give regular seeds at all but only their own seeds, only Hops does, so I suspect this being a bug, not a feature. Maybe those two types of seeds share the same drop probability?

I remember Joel speaking about Hop seeds in a stream many months ago, maybe as long ago as a year. I believe he said these were going to be rare for some reason, or at least the hops only grew in a few small areas and would be hard to get.

In my years of hops here in Western Colorado, I have rarely if ever achieved a hops seed. What I do to propagate them is to make a cutting or clone. Perhaps if sickled we could receive a RNG chance of hops vine, which could then be planted.

3 Likes

We used to have Hop rhizomes in the mod i work on but when Funcom made Hops seeds we just switched over because it’s easier to follow their lead. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.