What's going on

Game mode: [Online | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [Here]

Just curious as to what is going on. This happened twice since the latest update. While logged out I die. I log back in i’m naked and standing on my bed all my gear is gone, and i have to remake everything!
I’m playing on a PVE server, so what’s happening here, i’m i dying because I’m thirsting to death while i’m logged off, starving, freezing, or is someone using an exploit to kill my toon while i’m logged out?

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

Have a look at your event log it could be temperature, i found i would die if i was in the same room or a room above a fireplace even in the snow, if you have furnace going the rooms above it can get too hot aswell especially in cold resist armor

1 Like

Need more details. When you log out, are you inside a climate-appropriate structure? Are you wearing clothing/armor appropriate to the climate? Are you directly above/below or nearby a cluster of glowing torches or a running fireplace? Are you near a window? Are your food & water meters full when you log out?

Ok, i’ve ruled out freezing or thirst, i roamed around my base naked and everywhere i went i was soothing. I went to another pve server that i haven’t in awhile and that toon wasn’t hungry or thirsty, so whats left that it could be?

What Walkerbait81 said. Unless you regularly log out naked, what were you wearing when you died? Was it climate-appropriate? Were you near a furnace or a fireplace? Were you near a cluster of the glowing goo torches?

To answer those questions. Yes food and water were full, always make sure of that before logging out. I wear cold based armor since i’m up in the snow, no place in my base gets above very hot even standing next to my kilm, my structure is made of tier 3 materials

Hello @TheEternalMan, did you happen to check your event log for a possible cause of death?

As it has been mentioned, even in PvE servers, death may still occur while offline due to NPCs or even temperature.

Also, depositing all your inventory in a chest when playing online should help prevent any possible loss of items should something happen to your character while you’re offline.

1 Like

I still can’t play the game crash crash crash all day no matter what I do

What type of building pieces are you in? if your building structure protects you from the cold and your in the desert then heatstroke could’ve killed you

Oh and I have this game on an external drive connected to my Xbox so like I said I rarely crash I do have the occasional lag spike but there far apart so not so bad

You have to let the devs know what Xbox system your on cause if your on an Xbox One they could be looking for the problem on an Xbox One X

I checked the event log and it says died do to temperature change, which l don’t buy, why don’t my toon die everyday, i built in the snow with Yamatai, my toon wears Khitan heavy armor, everywhere inside my house is soothing, except when i stand right next to my kilm when its on, and then my temperature never goes above very hot even after standing there for more than 30 minutes, i even went as far as getting naked and roamed around my base everywhere was soothing, even logged out on my porch naked and the next time i logged in right where i logged out alive and well, i’ve been in this spot for awhile now, long before this last up date with no problems. Just to repeat myself why doesn’t my toon die every day?

Not sure what happened but if I remember correctly yamatai building set protects you from the heat not the cold … and maybe this last update fixed a few things so what was happening before with the temperature is not happening now but I really don’t know

Unless I’m very mistaken (which has been known), Yamatai protects you against heat. You said you’re living in the snow. If both those are true, I don’t doubt that you never got above “very hot” because you’re freezing to death.

Again, could be wrong about the building insulation. But if I’m not…there’s your answer.

Be careful of not making your house in the Starmetal meteor drop zone. I’ve been killed because of that while logged off and it took me time to realize it was because of that.

Yamatai is heat? Did that change? I thought it was cold, been a while since I’ve built up North but that was what I always used since I’m allergic to black ice and it was the only other cold protective building material.

Yamatai is for heat, Khitan is for cold haven’t used Turan build yet so don’t know about that one

You’re right, I was thinking Khitan.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.