When will we have solo mode, in the game?

so show me where the “massive” in mmo in this game, we have to agree that there are not enough players to continue as a mmo, or the funcom does something to bring players, or simply improvises, doing solo mode, and I do not see any problem in improvements in the game.

1 Like

as I said to Luna, if the dgs exist in normal mode without using AA, in normal mode no one needs AA, so it’s a matter of logic and goodwill to remove the difficulty thus making a solo version

Nah, rather you show me where the “solo” in Massive multiplayer online role-playing game. Even if its not massive its still a multiplayer game to the core, and should stay so, there is plenty of raids, groups and pvp happening all the time, if you act nicely ingame, you will get invited to those.

I play during US primetime, which is quite dead in comparison to the much busier EU primetime. Yet I still clear T6 twice a week and T5 twice a week over a 4-5 night period. Yes, the game is considerably less populated compared to just a few years ago, but you can still do content. My original server Mannanan back in 2008 was a small server, yet it had more people than Crom does today, which is just sad…

1 Like

I’m not agree. It’s not everything programming, really. What we are talking here is mainly a matter of game design and design comes before to write a single line of code or model a single mesh. And the goal is always the content (even this new solo content you desire) was fun, engaging, balanced, fitting the lore and the rest of the game.
There are many aspects to put on the plate developing a game that it seems you are not considering. Some dungeons in AoC are not adaptable to solo in a good way (I mean creating a content giving to this solo player a valuable game experience) without a complete redesign cause they have too many groups mechanics.
The alternative to “simply” (that “simply” it could require anyway a lot of work) cut mechanics could prolly create only a poor content. Having a solo version of a dungeon is not at all a bad idea, but it’s not so simple to obtain neither just cutting mechanics. Think about Black Castle that is a low level dungeon. There, there’s a mechanic requiring 4-men group, if you want to make that dungeon solo you need to cut all the mechanic of the fire trap (and I bet it’s not something you do in one day). But still it’s only one. Other dungeons like those you can find in Khitai, Dragon Spine, etc… can have more than 1 of these group mechanics where you need more toons doing different things at the same time, using items in different positions at the same time. Ok… you say… “developers improvise”, “we have few money” cut cut cut. If you don’t do well (and this means again rethinking the design from beginning. Talent, money, work), you get your solo version but you risk to cut the fun.

1 Like

Adding a single player mode would make this game worse, not better.

There’s nothing stopping you from playing single player style right now. Why do you need a special mode for it?

The game probably isn’t going anywhere. For near 0 cost, they have a product that only generates revenue. Financially, it does not yet make sense for Funcom to pull the plug when so many people are willing to spend so much money on crates, subscriptions, etc.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure this was started as a troll post

2 Likes

You think so because you dont know her. It is tender because she really thinks so and she does not accept the opinion of anyone who thinks otherwise :expressionless:

1 Like

The name of this sub-forum is “General Discussion”… what I wrote is my opinion about the topic. This opinion is debatable - like yours - and I explained the reasons why I have it.
I’m not agree with your argument. Please accept dissension, don’t take it like an attack. There’s no attack by me, just a different opinion.

8 Likes

Well if you did not come here to discuss then what did you come here to do? Write your own Manifesto expecting to get it stickied or what were you thinking?

3 Likes

Stupid idea, the amount of resource that would have to be invested converting group and raid instances into solo content would be huge. If Funcom were in a position to commit such resource they might as well commit it to new multiplayer content and actually bring this game a bit more life.

There will never be a solo mode for AoC, and the servers are unlikely to close any time soon.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I think somebody needs to accept that not everyone agrees with their ideas.

2 Likes

and the same goes for you who was not invited to come and say what you think about me, here the idea is to improve the game, if you came to do the Force novel, go to his house and write something better. I already know you and your friends.

I wrote a lengthy guide about all the expansions, initiated a suggestion thread for vanity sets to be added to the game and a guide about the Tempest of Set class, I also help many new people by giving normal answers meanwhile you are constantly complaining about the game being dead and that it needs to be made easier in every aspect. I don’t want to brag about what I did on this forum because there are other people who did a lot more (like organizing a whole PvP event and so on) but if a person like you comes here and tells people to not post their opinions because they are (from your point of view) bad, not wanted or anything like it will make me (and many others as you can see) point out your bulls***.
Instead of always blaming other people for your mistakes (not only here in those forums but also ingame) you might want to think about the fact that you are potentially causing these problems.
This is no safe space, it’s a forum where everyone is allowed to discuss.
If your idea / opinion is disagreed on by others they will post why and you will have to deal with it, you could try to argue against them to solidify your point but you rather chose to personally attack these people and resulting from that you do not need to wonder about why your threads always end up in a s***show.

8 Likes

Who is the greater fool? The fool or the fool that answers the fool :wink:

3 Likes

Well, the game has a huge potential for a nice single-player mode, a la Tortage. The single biggest gripe with the game after bug problems, was lack of content after Tortage. Even the first dungeon (Black Castle ) was devoid of ANYTHING except Ra. It seriously would not take much effort to strip out/disable all the netcode related stuff in a seprate game client and just simply make everything balanced for single player mode. It might even enable any content creators liberty to improve a lot of the mid-game content for multiplayer mode.

I dont know why FunCom wont let the public submit content such as stories and idea’s (like a Steam Workshop) via a test-live in Steam, similar to Exiles, so we can all get AoC to a state we can enjoy again. Release a watered down creation kit, some plugins for conversion of graphic and sound assets to be AoC-compatible.

Anarchy Online sure as poop has seen major reworking over the years and Exiles took up a lot of community mods in to the game. Exiles doesn’t even have a sub model, so clearly there’s still a market for Conan if this game still lives, and Exiles is still Steam-rating after it gloriously bug-riddled state.

1 Like

all the best that AOC has to offer is in its comunity and in the people it has allowed me to know. Experienced people, people to teach, players to collaborate with, play side by side. Players who have watched my back and others with whom I have fought and people with whom I have had the pleasure of speaking, exchanging our mutual opinion and people whose passion for this game has inflamed mine or pushed me to improve myself or appreciate better the game, explore it thoroughly and discover its secrets.
AOC is beautiful game, but in solo I would have lasted a maximum of one week in it

Just go to fury for the solo experience

10 Likes