Where is the story?

Secret World Fallen, we’re skipping Raised 'cause I really can’t see how this game can be raised off the mud at this point.

1 Like

They should never have made SWL, should’ve just stayed with TSW and updated that:/

1 Like

TSW was deeply flawed in many ways. SWL tried to fix some of those flaws, but didn’t manage to fix many things (and introduced some new flaws of its own). Without the relaunch, I don’t think TSW would have been able to justify the investment into more content. The Issue model wasn’t working, the monetization wasn’t helping (not that I’m saying SWL’s monetization model is awesome) and population figures were dwindling (even with more dungeons and raids to run).

Fixing TSW would have meant patching the hell out of everything - something which was obvious from the way that things were changed in SWL. Unfortunately not all the right things were addressed, and the changes were often as problematic as the flaws they attempted to fix.

7 Likes

This game crashed like the chopper in Polaris.

… where SWL’s infinitely grindy Earth has taken its rightful place as the most horrible of hell realms, and Theodore Wicker is leading a brave band of rebels trying to restore some semblance of sanity and fun.

For Saccharissa’s value of fun, admittedly, but in a hellishly kinky way, that still sounds far better than the unspeakable horror of the constant threat of finding some kind of cool new piece of gear a as a level 1 green.

4 Likes