Which is your favorite biome in Conan Exiles?

Tundra is where the mounds are, left side of the north area

2 Likes

Im with you on this one my brother, its the Tundra all the way for me! :metal: It just seems to scream ‘Cimmeria’ to me and my Cimmerian barbarian. And its full of Crom worshippers too! :mountain_snow: I just love the look and feel of the forrest there. It has a eerily still, haunted, almost lost in time feel to it.

Strangely my second favourite biome isnt on the list. Hey @Ignasis you forgot to include the Unnamed City biome in the poll. Even if it runs last, is it too late to add it in?

PS- I really like them all. Its the diversity and variety or going from one extremity to the next and every type of lanscape imaginable, that makes this map so great.

3 Likes

Although we understand the viewpoint and can agree with it to a degree, we don’t consider the Unnamed City a biome. This is why we didn’t add it to the list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tundra biome is the best imo with desert second

1 Like

I have not voted as I don’t really take it into consideration… I will take any good spot that is open lol … However if the question was where is your least favourite I would probably say … jungle

2 Likes

Really difficult choice between the River and Jungle biomes. I love the music and atmosphere in both, but given all the over-crowding along the river, I voted for the Jungle instead.

That said, the purges in the jungle really need some work to make investing in the area feel rewarding. Getting nothing but snakes and lizards when there are 2 human factions with a presence in the region is disencouraging in the extreme. As a result, even though Jungle is my favorite biome, I’m obliged to spend most of my time in the savanna and desert instead.

3 Likes

I’ve voted River, but for features much in common with the Desert and Savannah: Long clear views, rocky horizons, and an environment where the scarcity of resources seems aligned with the challenge of the environment.

That said, the Jungle is the place I feel I’ve underutilized most given how rich and pretty it is, and the Highlands are why I’m most excited for Mounts due to the travel distances.

1 Like

Woah hard question! I like all of the biomes, I usually just bunker down in the frozen north lol. I love the jungle though, and the highlands next after that.

That being said, I love exploring everywhere, the unnamed city most of all!

3 Likes

As a roleplayer my choice is mostly driven by the atmosphere (and of course the character I’m actually playing).

My favs of all times are the desert parts of the map, especially the dunes with that sand crawling around your feets. I absolutely love the area surrounding the crosses and the “western” side of the map just beyond Sepermeru.

1 Like

I like the highlands. Grid H8 has a plethora of resources to use, and calm,welcoming scenery. I live In the mountains in southern California and it reminds me a lot of the area live in. I’m only minutes away from any given trail or creek and about a half hour from the Santa Ana river so it’s kinda cool to have my base built next to the lake. And when I feel like picking a fight there’s enough animals to hunt and stuff. Just hoping I move into my new place In the next few days before my base decays. I’ve spent months building and adding and it would make me sad to lose all my hard work.

1 Like

River, it’s lush and welcoming.

1 Like

Love the desert biome!!! Fantastic nights, and the landscape near river reminding me of my homecountry is more than ok for me…
If the overheat problem is solved and the noise sound loop that is always there could be bypassed i would vote for volcano especially with nightvision it is a pleasure to the eye… But the “i am everywhere noise loop” and the possibility to loose all stuff in any random crash is not really appealing…

2 Likes

Snow biome; I love the light at night time

3 Likes

There is a nightvision potion

1 Like

My favorite memories of Conan center around the first serious base I built around the Galleon, and I still have a soft spot for that area. I think it’s the desert music that does it for me. Especially the slow mood pieces.

1 Like

I would say the River or Jungle due just to how beautiful it looks, Unfortnuatly you “need” to settle down in other areas to have closer to everything in regards to farming and so on.

1 Like

The river, without a doubt. The best views, easy access to water and - crucially - not the near-constant rain & gloom of the Highlands or Jungle.

Though it’s probably ironic that I’ve never built a main base on or near a river yet, only outposts. I guess it’s a matter of resources, at the end of the day.

4 Likes

River / Oasis is by far the most beautiful biome. Jungle, Highlands and North suffer from broken weather and / or pitch black darkness of the nigh time.

1 Like

Tundra … it’s harsh, wild and creepy.
But I’m building my base in the desert, near the Dogs of Desert Capital: it’s near the Unnamed City (which is a good source of Dragonbone, Fragments and Thralls) and Sepermeru, which is always nice to visit.

I’d like Tundra to be more profitable: it’s too risky considering the rewards.

1 Like

The atmosphere of the jungle is brilliant. I :heart: it.
With all the gorillas and grey apes i sometimes feel like Sigourney Weaver in Gorillas in the Mist.
A little less rain and some more point of interests would be desirable.
And paintable Walls, so i can make them more green like moss vegetation to fit in the jungle.

Greetings
SirBowen

3 Likes