Which is your favorite biome in Conan Exiles?

Greetings everyone and welcome to our next Question of the Week!

In the past, we’ve covered your favorite way to play and your favorite mechanics, so it’s about time we tackle where you prefer to spend your time in the Exiled Lands. From the sandy vistas of the desert, to the lush atmosphere of the jungle. The harsh conditions of the volcano, or the soothing tranquility of the river.
Everybody has a favorite place to be or visit in the game and we’d be delighted to know which one is your spot of choice.

This time around, we’ve opened a single-choice poll for you to vote for your favorite biome but, as usual, you won’t be able to peek at the results until you have sent your option just so your opinion isn’t swung one way or another based on previous results!

Which is your favorite biome in Conan Exiles?

• Desert
  • River
  • Jungle
  • Savanna
  • Highlands
  • Tundra
  • Snow
  • Volcano

0 voters

As always, voting in the poll is just a broad approximation to your particular experience in the Exiled lands, so please don’t hesitate to elaborate in the comments on why you chose that biome. Is it because of the atmosphere? The views? The resources? Convenience, maybe?

Let us know down below!

5 Likes

Probably one of the few people who will vote for Desert. Acheronian ruins fit the best there, and I’m all about that Stygian life.

5 Likes

I love the variety of biomes, but my favorite is 100% the starter river area simply because it is so damned beautiful and really fits my idea of a place where I can feel immersed in the Conan universe :star_struck:
I know it is a very easy area when being high level, so I usually move to a more difficult area, but I always keep a base as a sort of vacation home in the starter area and often end up spending most of the time there than at the main base :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Same here. Beauty of the river biome is what makes me start new characters over and over again.
I also agree that desert fits best all those intriguing ruins (that feeling when you first stumble upon the summoning place, or the aqueduct… priceless)

1 Like

We can see in the dark while in the desert. That is a big plus. Other ares covered in green just go pitch black and leave us at a standstill with no torch (that would give our position away).

1 Like

The Oasis of Nekhet is the most beautiful place in the entire exiled lands.

Change my mind.

Also: game mechanics wise it is the best as well.

It has Iron, brimstone, wood, bark, stone, hide, thralls, the Silvermine, UC, WM and the new Wine Cellar close.

2 Likes

The Highlands, when it’s not allday raining…

4 Likes

I’m at a loss :woman_facepalming:… I wanna say the highlands because of the grass with the pretty small flowers and nice forest felling that lead me to build my herbalist witch cottage there but…

I can’t!!! I have my spa and upcomming resort right there!!! Savana oasis are so pretty, I’m tempted to second this opinion!!! :star_struck:

But then…

This is also SO true!! :relaxed: There is this island in the noob river with just a crocodile spawn that was just PERFECT for my starter base which I do plan to turn into a vacation home after I’m finished with all the bases that I have to redo from my old server into my single player.

But the truth is I actually made my main city base near the Black Galleon, on this nice ledge overlooking the Claw Outcrop and it flows so well with the environment!!

And then I made this nice base up in the snow with a view to the volcano (even if it does get bombarded with meteors)… and, and, my Noah’s Ark in the jungle… and, and…

HELP, I can’t choose!!! :sob:

2 Likes

Voted for jungle biome, but not so much the jungle, but more the Eastern ocean is what attracts me. Because it is always foggy and with the almost constant thunder storms it looks like real. The ocean has inspired me to build all kinds of vessels of late.

1 Like

Telith will always be my home :heart: I love to build Nordic taverns or colisseums or anything in the highlands :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Well in rl i love the winter, its no different ingame. Give me cold days, harsh environment, dark nights and mighty mountains. And also because off khitan/turanian armours.

3 Likes

I must be honest and say most if not all, but living on the African continent makes me love the areas we don’t have a bit more like the Nordheimer Tundras and Highlands.

But my all time favourites for dark ambience will definately go to the Mounds area and Volcano. Absolutely love playing a Nordheimer character and eventually get corrupted to go practice my dark arts in these areas! :metal::smiling_imp:
I just find myself wondering…seeing that the very unlikely mounts are actually happenening…when will we get that land/biome expansion! I don’t even care if it’s not in THAT corner of the map, I just want to know WHEN! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Tundra is where the mounds are, left side of the north area

2 Likes

Im with you on this one my brother, its the Tundra all the way for me! :metal: It just seems to scream ‘Cimmeria’ to me and my Cimmerian barbarian. And its full of Crom worshippers too! :mountain_snow: I just love the look and feel of the forrest there. It has a eerily still, haunted, almost lost in time feel to it.

Strangely my second favourite biome isnt on the list. Hey @Ignasis you forgot to include the Unnamed City biome in the poll. Even if it runs last, is it too late to add it in?

PS- I really like them all. Its the diversity and variety or going from one extremity to the next and every type of lanscape imaginable, that makes this map so great.

3 Likes

Although we understand the viewpoint and can agree with it to a degree, we don’t consider the Unnamed City a biome. This is why we didn’t add it to the list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tundra biome is the best imo with desert second

1 Like

I have not voted as I don’t really take it into consideration… I will take any good spot that is open lol … However if the question was where is your least favourite I would probably say … jungle

2 Likes

Really difficult choice between the River and Jungle biomes. I love the music and atmosphere in both, but given all the over-crowding along the river, I voted for the Jungle instead.

That said, the purges in the jungle really need some work to make investing in the area feel rewarding. Getting nothing but snakes and lizards when there are 2 human factions with a presence in the region is disencouraging in the extreme. As a result, even though Jungle is my favorite biome, I’m obliged to spend most of my time in the savanna and desert instead.

3 Likes

I’ve voted River, but for features much in common with the Desert and Savannah: Long clear views, rocky horizons, and an environment where the scarcity of resources seems aligned with the challenge of the environment.

That said, the Jungle is the place I feel I’ve underutilized most given how rich and pretty it is, and the Highlands are why I’m most excited for Mounts due to the travel distances.

1 Like

Woah hard question! I like all of the biomes, I usually just bunker down in the frozen north lol. I love the jungle though, and the highlands next after that.

That being said, I love exploring everywhere, the unnamed city most of all!

3 Likes