Who are the warriors of this land anyway?!

And we are not conan…

Wow later became a long. We are exiles who can become kings of our own empires . The point is we are the agents of change and conquest. The thralls follow us as we are the strongest and we conquered them.

This our story rhey merely the props on the stage of our life in the game. We don’t need them they need us after we broke them. We are the warriors, they are the followers.

2 Likes

Not really. At best you become a “clan leader”… gross. And the way people democratize their clan and talk about “economy” and “community” makes me gag. Someone wants to be king? They should be able to wade thru a herd of level 20 Dalinsias with own health at zero, naked with a stone sword, loaded on firewater. Otherwise, Crom will spit on you.

Player: “Crom! Crom! My thrall is better than meeeeee!”

Crom: “Go pray to the Four Winds, loser.”

Crom don’t need thralls and followers of Crom are tougher than the exiles we have right now.

Exactly. So no sympathy is forthcoming…

Emphasis on “was”. Also, I think that was just the movie.

You’re putting an awful lot of stock into this idea that we’re all just fat merchants buying people to fight all our battles for us. You’re forgetting that we’re supposed to be warriors ourselves. Literally crucified and left to rot in the middle of the desert. Set free by chance and left to survive alone and completely naked against sandstorms, crocodiles, hyenas, cannibals, giant spiders, demon monkeys, giant scorpions, the undead… And that’s just to get to the bar Conan is hanging out in.

We should at least be able to fight with our thrall as opposed to grabbing some pom-poms and cheerleading for our thrall because that’s the most useful thing we’re capable of doing.

3 Likes

I fight with my thrall. You could build a crummy thrall. Exile Is are good and crappy if you like that kind of thing.

It’s not about having crummy thralls. Like I said before, it’s a question of relative power level. A thrall with better stats than yours is fine. It’s even necessary to make up for the limitations of AI. The problem occurs when those stats are so much better than yours that you’re not much more than a gnat by comparison. Particularly in situations where the only one doing any real damage is your thrall and all you can really do is watch.

3 Likes

I agree with Glurins point here. I have no problem with some thralls being stronger than us. In fact variance in strength and constitution is natural throughout populations. But the problem is the degree of the disparity. For example, our players maximum hp pool is 600 at level 5 Vitality, whereas for some thralls it is 15 000, meaning that this ‘person’ is some 2400% stronger than our character!? Im sorry but to me the ratios are over the top. And its not that we are some ‘chubby merchant’; taking my characters shirt of will confirm that. But if we follow the story laid out in the lore, our character did what no other Exile before him could do. He slayed the beings holding the 7 artifacts, forged the Keystone and created a means to escape the Exiled Lands (a taskThe Archivist thought impossible). If anything we are the mightiest warrior to ever walk the Exiled Lands.

Regarding Conan being on the Wheel of Pain in the movie:

Yes we know that the wheel strengthens the body while it breaks the mind. However his free will and intelligence was still there, just buried deep within his sub-conscious. Case in point, when his master set him free, did he simply stand there like a fool, or try to return to the camp…? No, he saw his opportunity and ran, then very soon after began searching for answers so that he could seek vengence. Not slavery, not love, not wealth, not even death could break his desire for vengence. This was the true answer to the Riddle of Steel. The will is stronger than steel. Flesh becomes weak and frail, steel can be broken, but the will is indomitable.

4 Likes

Yeah but ai is always in need of an advantage. Look how much the bosses are buffed and you can STILL solo them. Thralls also have this nasty habit of just hanging out like a dope instead of fighting, so they need health while they figure out their weapon…

The warrior that can take a hundred blows is a prince, the one that can dodge one is a king.

Because you have enslaved them with the effects of the wheel of pain and thus they are totally loyal to you and/or your clan.

Excellent points. I glad to see Toussaint Louverture being mention.

2 Likes

Maybe the thralls are hoping and wishing that you die in battle, so that they can be free and thus pretend to be confuse and dumb while they watch you get a butt wiping.

Could be. Could be.

Not in a barbarous culture, it’s the physically strong that lead. It’s not worth arguing about all I’m saying is there needs to be a closer balance. Ok they can be stronger but its rediculous to watch them take out a 3 skull boss in less than a minute with 3 stacks of gruel and garbage armor that’s all.

2 Likes

Nail on the head ! We just want our PC (player character) to be as strong (maybe a bit stronger than) our thralls. You don’t see the thrall in the opening scenes of the game fighting and then building an empire do you? The game is about your character’s rise to power not your thralls…

I get that others are trying to be the other point of view about nothing is wrong and to move on, but their is a real issue from all prospectives (immersion being on of them) that their is a huge power gap between your thrall and you.

3 Likes

In toto, you ARE stronger than your thrall. You could take it solo because the ai is not as good as an actual player. The warrior is the mind as well as the body.

When we are cut down, we come back from one of three spawn points, possessing levels and stored items. When thralls get turned into chowder, they’re sent back to The Broken Highway. Huge difference. I’ll take Immortality any day.

1 Like