Why can't consoles have full nudity?

If cyberpunk can do it. Then so should conan exiles. There zero adult context in conan exiles. Nude toons are great distractions. My freedom to be nude on consoles is limited. So boring.

1 Like

Short answer: Because Microsoft and Sony said no.

2 Likes

What? Nudity is enabled in Conan (at least on ps4)

2 Likes

That would be wrong. I have had this discussion with both sides and it is actually FC’s fault using differences between ESRB & PEGI as their excuse. They are afraid it would lable the game AO which is a misconception on FC’s end after all look at the witcher :smiling_imp:

Only partial nudity on US ps4 I have read that there are some work arounds.

1 Like

@Lady_Bonecold ,Play with a European and ask him to send you photos :wink: .
Anyway , I agree that it is ironic that US government do not allow nudity , still the call them selfs the land of freedom , go figure :woman_shrugging:t3: . Every American player i’ ve met wants full nudity , except a Lady , @sestus2009 knows what I am talking about :wink: .

1 Like

The US government does not disallow anything. The ESRB is a voluntary regulation body operated by the industry itself. Gaming companies usually comply with it because businesses will often outright refuse to sell games that are not rated, so circumventing the ESRB means your game won’t sell well.

4 Likes

You are wrong this has nothing to do with the U.S. Government but with Funcom not wanting to push it to Microsoft & Sony out of fear.

1 Like

Yes and no. ESRB is a reveiw board made up of parents who want people knowing what content is in the game. It is just a guide nothing more. Conan Exiles is rated M+ which allows full nudity however FC being a foreign company doesn’t fully understand the ESRB when it comes to consoles in America.

2 Likes

Ok , @Starbuck1771 and @Tephra ,if it’s not US government , why we the Europeans have full nudity , we don’t have Microsoft and Sony here ? My friends I from a Greek island , I grow up in late 80s with full nudity bars every summer :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: ,oh I miss these days , anyway of topic again , my speculation is clearly from conversations i’ ve made with fellow American players ,but to be honest I remember that one Canadian fellow had the Demi nudity issue ,if I remember correctly ,not so sure however , it’s been 10 months since then .

1 Like

Because they have to request for content reveiw with the U.S. Regulation company where as they have a leg up in the European market. Here is proof the issue is Funcom. https://www.esrb.org/ratings/33771/The+Witcher+3%3A+Wild+Hunt/
The ESRB would allow full nudity under the current M rating. Ratings Guides, Categories, Content Descriptors | ESRB Ratings

1 Like

Because we had a big hullabaloo about violence and nudity and whatnot being in video games way back in the 1990s that left companies trigger shy about it to this day. It’s that incident that led to the ESRB being formed in the first place as a way to appease the virtue signaling politicians at the time and keep the government out of the industry.

Even now, they still occasionally blame video games for their ills. It was just last month I think that a lawmaker in Illinois was wanting GTA5 banned because he claims it caused a spike in carjackings in Chicago.

However, no official legislative action has actually been taken to block mature content. At least not yet. It has always been manufacturers and retailers taking it upon themselves out of fear that something at the legislative level might happen.

5 Likes

And there never will be any action because they can’t provide actual evidence to confirm their claims.

1 Like

That doesn’t explain why the issue only applies to consoles.

Also the comparison to The Witcher 3 is invalid. The full nudity you can see in that game is very brief. In CE, you could spend your entire time playing the game in the buff, surrounded by many other NPCs in the buff, maybe even with all of them dancing in the buff.

5 Likes

Oh come on. As if they would let a silly thing like facts or evidence or logic get in their way if they really wanted those angry mom votes. They’ve done it before.

2 Likes

However you forgot to factor in strong sexual content which CE doesn’t have unless you can suddenly fornicat in the game. As I said Funcom has to have it reveiwed by the U.S. console regulator’s for Xbox & PlayStation but FC is to scared to do it.

Yes lawyers in this country are crazy , I remember one friend that went to a college in Philadelphia back in 90s was speaking about ambulance chasers :rofl::rofl::rofl: , omg . Anyway , no matter who to blame here , the last 15 months in this forum , i’ ve seen a lot of requests about full nudity in US and if Funcom can do something about it ,it would be good to act :wink: .
Thanks Glurin ,once again excellent post :+1:

The truth is that adding certain things to games mixed with other things can bring complicated matters it terms of sales. Adding violence in a game does not mean anything same with nudity it just comes down to people being stupid. Some laws are in place in countries where others are not if a game has certain lvls of non kid friendly features then it can or will in many countries raise the age limits which some games I have offer the extremely adult stuff for free or a small price but you have to be 18 for me at least to get the items and use it in game. Fallout 3 was banned from Germany due to violence and gore but Beth put on side their requirements as told so kids could not get it but parents say it was not kid friendly so how does a 18+ game get to kids… parents are to blame not the game or it’s makers. If they would research into games before the buy them for a 5or 6 year kid then not problem (my mother at my birthday 7 got me gta san … ok autocorrect won’t let me spell name) and yeah they just grabbed the items have to kid and won’t take responsibility instead blame companies. That’s why there is less and less interesting and … to say well open games but adding too much lots of bad and agervated problems in terms of people thus it’s best to leave lots out of the mix to keep a larger player base with revenue on top of that mod people that want no clothes uuuuuh want a different kind of fun game aggression features can and will cause

Actually they would because they would fear losing more votes from those who want said content. Also to make it legal religion can’t be a factor due to separation of church and state. Any lawmaker approving it would be committing political suicide and open themselves to billions in lawsuits.

So we get back our taxes now that’s a plan :money_mouth_face: