Why can't I play this game offline?

Is your Steam running in offline mode?

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed answer, I tried all these and still was stuck on the failed to login and was unable to play the game. Even though steam was in offline mode, were you still connected to the internet?

Before writing this reply, I tested this again, to make sure it still works. I switched my Steam to offline mode, closed it, put my computer in airplane mode to disconnect it from the net, started Steam, and then started Conan Exiles. I used BUGLE instead of the official launcher, but that really should not make a difference.

The failed to login message I got was this one:

Clicking on “OK” left me in the main menu, and then I pressed “Singleplayer/Co-Op”, followed by “Continue”, and I was able to play my single-player game.

Is it the same message that I posted above or something different? And what do you mean by “stuck”?

What exactly went wrong? Did it give you some error message when trying to continue the game? If so, what did the message say?

Yes.
In the first picture, I already clicked OK on the initial warning, and tried to continue the game.
Second picture shows that I am cached, even the network is switched off. Interestingly, this happens only for a couple of months (probably a year now), before that it worked fine.

I had th same window, after pressing ok, nothing happened, the popup stayed there and I was unable to continue on my single player game which I created while I was online. I’m going to make a clean installation again to be sure and start from step 1. Also, I don’t know if it’s valid or useful data but what I’ve noticed is that the behaviour on computer is different when you power on your computer and be completely offline and by switching to airplane mode, I noticed that some years ago with RDR2 though, when the computer booted and I was offline I was unable to play while if I switched to airplane mode I was able to play with no issues, just a observation.

That definitely shouldn’t happen.

If the problem persists after a clean install, I would strongly urge you to create a bug report. Attaching the Conan Exiles log file to that report would probably be useful for the devs.

That’s interesting. I might test that later to see if it produces any differences on my machine.

Good news! I tried both activating airplane mode and powering my laptop with no internet and it’s seems to be working right now, which makes me really happy. The only explanation I have is that maybe the reason last time it didn’t work was that the FLS account wasn’t cached in. Either way, thank you very much once again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.