Worst update of all time, and yes iam using shields since the beginning

Please don’t tell me this update would be good for shield fighters. I’ve been using shields right from the start. First with the sword, then with the axe. After the update, blocking an attack takes so much stamina that after a short fighting time I have no stamina at all. I cant run away. Or do something. As a shield fighter i lose fights against npc’s that i would never have lost before the update. This Update is not only bad for spearmen, it’s also cruel for people who use shields. Please play your game yourself so that the next time you know what kind of sh** you’re doing.
Blocking costs stamina?`really? thats the way how you support shield fighters?

7 Likes

Funcom: “Shields have also been given some love, making them a more active feature” also Funcom: “any blocked attacks will now drain stamina”
@ Funcom, You have finally completely destroyed the game

2 Likes

Oh yeah, before i forget. When youre out of stamina, you walk like you are 1000% over encumbered. A developer’s first goal should be to improve the game, not annoy the players!!!
Iam really pissed

2 Likes

I didn’t play the game recently. Is it the same speed as when you are drinking a healing potion?

Yes, one handed weapons and shields are now useless. Holy katana are now rules. Patch after patch funcum killing the game.

1 Like

LoL these threads are a hoot. The “complainer” culture has really run amok.

Funcom should rename this channel from “General Discussion” to “Whiner Central”.

8 Likes

That wouldn’t be fair if they didn’t give you a “Suck Up Fanboi” forum as well.

This new update is awful. Freaking awful. No wiggle room. Just awful.

10 Likes

LoL we hear that after EVERY single update. And yet the game keeps rolling on… Getting better and better.

The Complainer culture… It is the cool thing to do these days… At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if we start seeing threads that Funcom is the cause of covid, they destroyed world peace, and are behind global warming. LoL give it time folks! It is coming. Just watch.

4 Likes

balancing shield was a good thing. I Think.

1 Like

Balance_Conan_Exiles

Most people here on these forums cannot handle any kind of game balance. Every time Funcom tries, the complainers start with their usual m.o.

6 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with the shields consuming stamina while blocking.

10 Likes

I even would like to experience random, low percentage (3-5%) shield block fails too.

How about turn combat round based with dice rolling like in Baldur’s Gate 3 ? :wink:

Conan D&D style :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I believe the higher your grit, the less it takes. My Stamina regen is actually faster, and I don’t use that much Stamina on shield blocks.

I’m a shield user myself and I have zero issues with this update. No problem killing npc’s or getting away when I need to.

Why do you think you should be able to perma block?

[ i now understand why funcom has no reason to listen to the players, half the players have no idea what they are talkin about. so when someone that does gets over shadowed. Thank you loud screamer for drowning out players that have a clue.]

6 Likes

Honestly if it were up to me I would have opted to make shield on to increase armor value when using to block so that it compensates for using stamina but honestly it fine. They use some nerfing of boss hp again for this or tune down the bosses damage

2 Likes

if updates were on the correct direction could also be renamed into cheers avenue

1 Like

You’re allowed to not like balance changes and we appreciate your feedback, and you’re welcome to disagree with each other, but you need to avoid personal insults and especially avoid hateful and/or ableist speech when doing so. Performing minor cleanup.

7 Likes

So, are you insinuating that holding a shield and using it to deflect an incoming blow from an enemy’s attack uses no effort on your part at all? Because it does, and thus that depletes your stamina. How is this hard to understand? Learn when to use your shield and when not to and don’t expect to sit there like a turtle with a shell of invulnerability. LEARN before you cry.