[Xbox Game Pass for PC] Just lost my saves

Hello, Xbox Game Pass subscriber here.
I noticed earlier today that the game downloaded a patch on Windows 10 (or the Microsoft Store started to download something for the game I don’t know what) and now the game run without my saves.

I only had a couple of hours of gameplay but was really enjoying the game, I’m kind of frustrated that I have to start everything all over again. I also fear it might happen again.
I don’t know what went wrong with my saves really, so I don’t know how I can help to debbug this.
I tried reinstalling the game to force a resync, but it didn’t work.

4 Likes

Same here
Logged onto play and all my saves are gone - about 10 hours into the game… not happy

1 Like

Hello @Clive, welcome to the community and thank you for the submission!

Our team is already aware of this issue and it’s currently investigating it, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

1 Like

Same problem for me :frowning: I hope that this issue can be resolved

I also just lost all my saves i have many hours of gameplay that i refuse to replay. please find a fix soon so i can get my saved data back.
i would also want to learn the origin of the problem so i can avoid this happening again

I am also experiencing the same issue with my saved game. I contacted Microsoft PC game pass support first and they directed me here. I see I am not alone with this and glad to see it is being looked into. Hopefully there is a fix available.

Same here, I had my saves on 2 machines and on both they have disappeared

This has happen to me twice now. It seems to happen after I start the game on my Xbox and then go back to the PC version. I only started it on the console to see if the saves were cross platform/play anywhere.

I really don’t want to start this again after being around 10-15 hours in :frowning:

1 Like

Not that I can add something new to the topic, but my saves are gone too. That is slightly disappointing.

Same problem here. This is a severe issue !

Same Here. I saw the game was updating and let it finished. When I logged in to play, all of my save data was gone. Just when testing out the Xbox Game Pass was going good…

Thanks for noticing that the community is suffering from this after the latest update. I lost my save as well when the game updated.

1 Like

The good news is savegames are not actually gone, but located in :
\%appdata%\..\Local\Packages\FuncomOsloAS.MutantYearZeroRoadtoEden_pkaskhy6cdq4g\SystemAppData\wgs

I made a backup of everything there just in case, but I’m glad the savegame is actually here. Meaning it should be recoverable.

2 Likes

Good afternoon,
Any word on when the save issue will be resolved on Xbox Game Pass for PC?

Best,

1 Like

Thank you Clive, here is also saved with the date yesterday, let’s wait and see what happens

I FIX! Do the following, create a new save game, look for the original save in that wsg folder, open it in notepad until you find the slot with the date and time it was your last save, close it, open again it with "Microsoft visual studio "or another code reader (I think notepad does not work). Copy all encrypted code, then open the save game you created and paste it into it! When you start write the wrong zone name, but then just enter and save in the game. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Whats the save file location?

%appdata%…\Local\Packages\FuncomOsloAS.MutantYearZeroRoadtoEden_pkaskhy6cdq4g\SystemAppData\wgs

It will have several folders, you will have to look for one you remember the date and hour, open the notepad files until you find the “Save Game Type”

Thank you vitaho, worked perfectly! We owe you!